Hop over to www.totalwar.com. Go on, you can see their new clan league tournament in action!

Only its, well, awful. I can't believe that they've got so out of touch with what's going on in the Shogun community that they put this up and expect us to be thankful for it.

I answered a post in this forum a couple of days ago. It was called 'Can anyone explain the clan league?'. This question was based on the information released on Friday (honour day), about an official Clan League to be started this week. I replied that I didn't really know, but hoped that it wasn't based on the existing clan ranking structure. Well, perhaps I shouldn't be surprised any more, but I really didn't think that it would be. Well, I am proved wrong again

The clan league awards points to the Top 6 ranked clans every week. The number 1 clan gets 10 points, number 2 gets 6 etc.

This would be good, if it in any way reflected any achievement that a clan had made in that particular week. However, it is based on the overall rankings. These rankings, to my knowlege, have not changed significantly in the last few weeks, nor are they likely too in the next few weeks. As far as I can see, the top 6 clans contain one player each. They are not real clans, but individual players who are the only members of their own clans.

Which clans would you expect to see in a Top 6 Shogun clans? Fearful Ways? Chain Clan? Neither of these are in the top 6, in fact neither of these are in the top 30, because of the stupid manner in which the clan rankings are run. This is a well-known fact in the Shogun community; nobody pays any attention to the clan rankings. But it appears that this fact is not well-known to Dreamtime, or whoever runs this clan league.

Why have they not listened? It would be simple enough to exclude 'clans' with less than 5 players from the clan rankings. Probably wouldn't take more than an hour. But it has never been done. And we expect them to host an online campaign?

The eventual winner will be able to nominate a charity of their choice to receive $200, so I'm not going to criticise this as heavily as I might. But I sincerely doubt that this clan league will feature any real clans at all, let alone the ones we all know are the best.

But any 'clan' ranking system where the top clan has only one member, who has fought only 29 battles, has got to be screwed up.