Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Changing City's Names ?????

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Default Re: Changing City's Names ?????

Quote Originally Posted by Ibrahim View Post
    well, yeah, but that doesn't change the fact that he played into the hands of the two people (granted, the Idumeans are later). And I was more thinking along propaganda lines--what was written--rather than the actual rebellion.

And even then, I'm sure his eccentricities didn't help matters--though how much of that is propaganda too is not certain.
    Well the main sources on Antiochus IV are the Maccebees and Josephos. Except for that we have a little titbit of information from Appian and Livius. The latter says some said the man was insane, though Livius himself says that he just didn't know what he wanted. But he was generous in his donations to cities and in cultivating the gods. So he was rather a prime example of the give and grant model, and did only what he thought was good and what was customary.

HopeLess From Humanity a World Member Empire*Of*Media's Avatar

Default Re: Changing City's Names ?????

Quote Originally Posted by Empire Of Kurdistan-Medya View Post
    exactly!! the Greeks didnt care about anyone like the Persians or Hellenics, they only plundered and stoled from any aspect you see.
    ah !! Sorry !! i dont know why for gods sake i wrote HELLENICS !! i wanted to Write IONIANs !!!!

hellenics were the same slaver & Wild & intolerant, when they invaded anywhere like Makedonians !!
    i meant IONIANS the tolerant and civilized Greeks!! while the fact is they were ARYAN GREEKS not Original greeks !!

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Re: Changing City's Names ?????

I have no idea what you are trying to say, but it looks like flamebait.

As the original question has been answered, I am going to go ahead and close this thread.

Thread closed.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Members thankful for this post (10):

+ Show/Hide List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12