Page 62 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263646566 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,860 of 1996

Thread: Random Thoughts Thread

Default Re: Random Thoughts Thread

To be honest, it's kind of sad that these cartoons are needed to explain to the crowd something so simple. I even remember being taught how vaccines work, when I was 13.

The problem is that the trend is expanding here, as well. The main issue are homeopathy charlatans with fake diplomas from shady institutions, but anti-vaccine hysteria has begun to gain some ground.

There is a Facebook group of anti-vaccination mothers, eternally wondering why their offspring gets sick, despite being very careful at not approaching any doctor at proximity.

http://www.georgepaschalidis.gr/wp-c...ing-Styles.pdf

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Oh Netflix how I love you, Godless is awesome. I love grim westerns, and grim it is

done

10/10 I'm in love with Alice
    Last edited by Fragony; 01-28-2018 at 15:02.

At teh moms place, these ocelots are growing like crazy. It's legal to have a lynx as a pet in the Netherlands, not going to tell her that

At 9:00 PM Moscow time, all local and national Soviet TV channels would switch to a broadcast of the news program Вре́мя (Vremya, "Time").

Soviet joke:

A man is watching TV when Vremya comes on. He switches to next channel, it's still Vremya. He switches to the next channel, it's still Vremya. He switches the channel once more, but this time it's just a closeup of a KGB officer's face.

"I would stop switching channels if I were you."
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Member thankful for this post:

This hits hard, found a letter in a cobert I didn't know I had, was in it's inner pocket. A sentence losely translated;

I am going to do die and that's a shame, it's all so easy if you have no choice, it's a shame for me and you but you will have to go on, just keep doing what you do''

Doing what, it was my job to beat up people and protecting hookers and sometimes join them

Dangit. There is a lot more in it, on his view on arts etc. Feel like a discoverer finding this, I'm going to frame this and give it to my mom.

'It's all so easy if you don't have a choice', I don't know if I should be angry or not, just found this in my pocket I have many cohberts I didn't wear it for 15 years

Another gem, someone is being stubborn if you simply can't explain why he is wrong; I think that was directed at me I am bad at that

This certainly brings up some memories of my father dying, we were completily conflicting characters when he was alive but maybe because we were much alike. Still, sorry dad I can't help not missing you at all

And yes I have issues that haunt me
    Last edited by Fragony; 02-21-2018 at 22:35.

Hearing Range tops around 17300-400 Hz.

Not too long ago I could jam to 20 KHz.

Get off my lawn, clouds.
    Vitiate Man.

Going to treat an old victimg to a dinner, he says I was always the nicest. I wonder what the others did

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Members thankful for this post (2):

And once the atheist dies and isn't useful for lessons anymore, god sends the atheist, whom he created himself, to eternal damnation...
    A very happy, reassuring lesson of hope indeed.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    And once the atheist dies and isn't useful for lessons anymore, god sends the atheist, whom he created himself, to eternal damnation...
    A very happy, reassuring lesson of hope indeed.
    I'm no Biblical scholar, but my remembrances of the new testament suggests that nobody goes to heaven without embracing God. It does not suggest eternal torture for those who do not.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Well the cool thing about Judaism is that there really isnt a concept of hell, and non-believers can go to heaven if they are just an all around decent human being. No Jewish faith required.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    Well the cool thing about Judaism is that there really isnt a concept of hell, and non-believers can go to heaven if they are just an all around decent human being. No Jewish faith required.
    My mom's cleaner is a hardcore catholic, she insists that I will go to heaven. But then again that could be because I keep giving her presents, she has a pretty miserable life and I want to help her a little. The inquisition thought a bit differently of course

Blog Entries

Well, Hel comes from the Nordic religion. One of those co-opting of Pagan things.
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh View Post
    I'm no Biblical scholar, but my remembrances of the new testament suggests that nobody goes to heaven without embracing God. It does not suggest eternal torture for those who do not.
    Not being in heaven is eternal torture though because the human soul needs to be close to god to be happy. And the chance to embrace god ends with life, so once you're in hell or wherever not heaven is, your soul suffers because it craves being in heaven.
    It doesn't take a literal fire for eternal suffering. Or that's what a pastor once said in more detail.

Not being in heaven is eternal torture though because the human soul needs to be close to god to be happy. And the chance to embrace god ends with life, so once you're in hell or wherever not heaven is, your soul suffers because it craves being in heaven.
    It doesn't take a literal fire for eternal suffering. Or that's what a pastor once said in more detail.
    It kinda evolved I guess, but is that any less cruel if you think of it. I won't say that religion is evil as many people are really good persons because of it, but they probably would have have been good persons without it. What you say is much toned down but I still find it really creepy and cruel to think it. Not trying to bash your believes, wouldn't call myself an atheist either because I don't feel like denouncing anything, that would mean I would have to denounce something I don't take serious anyway, but I find religion creepy. Not trying to troll you it's just how I look at things, no offence intended
    Last edited by Fragony; 03-08-2018 at 20:34.

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

I have heard priests assert much the same line.

Frags, don't worry about it. Be a reasonable person and a halfway decent neighbor and you will get along fine with all but the most rabidly churched.

Ultimately, we will know the answers...or not...when we join the majority. Until that time, I will continue in my faith and continue to wish you and most others well.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Oh don't worry about me being worried about that, it's just kinda alien to me. I get along with almost everybody

Seven Seconds, another great Netflix series, about a really unfortunate accident with a cover-up that gets out of control. The police has an (immmoral) but good reason to cover it up and the family naturally a good reason to find out what happened. Great social drama
    Last edited by Fragony; 03-11-2018 at 17:47.

Real heroism, it exists, RIP https://twitter.com/gerardcollomb/st...site=geenstijl Gave his live but saved plenty

For almost about 2 years now I've been receiving sporadic work or personal-related emails related to a gas/oil extraction company. Since some of these are forwards on personal (and personnel) matters, I assume I have an email address similar to someone on their payrolls or mailing lists. I've emailed them a couple of times over the years to inform them of the mistake, but it doesn't appear to have registered. I don't even bother deleting their emails anymore.

Isn't this just poor IT standards, though? I have a gmail domain! Everyone else CCed in these emails has a company domain! Does no one notice this?
    Vitiate Man.

Husar 

My ancient laptop finally died, kinda killed it. Got me a Chromebook for only 160 euro it works great. Buttons feel a bit loose but otherwise great stuff

I need a lava machine.
    Runes for good luck:

[1 - exp(i*2π)]^-1

I'm going to eat Poptarts for the first time since 2009!
    Vitiate Man.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Everyone says that job searching while you have a job is easier compared to job searching with no job, but I'm not so sure that is true anymore. Maybe overall less stress but still stressful. I hate interviews and I'm now wondering how on earth I managed to get my current job.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Everyone says that job searching while you have a job is easier compared to job searching with no job, but I'm not so sure that is true anymore. Maybe overall less stress but still stressful. I hate interviews and I'm now wondering how on earth I managed to get my current job.
    Of course it is LESS stressful but certainly not un-stressful. As I teach all of my speech students, you are supposed to experience some measure of stress/nervousness (it is your body's way of kicking you into a higher gear of performance). If you aren't feeling a little stressed or nervous it means you have stopped caring about the "audience" at all -- not a healthy sign.

Blog Entries

I always understood it this way:

The actual act of doing the search and applying is not easier, it is more that currently working makes you more employable, thus it is easier to get the job whilst working opposed to being out of work. If you are in a job and searching, it is a signal that you are a productive member who wants to improve and give more than what you are currently constrained to do by your job. So this is a sign to your potential new employer that you are a hard-worker. If you are out of work for lets say a year, they are looking at this and going "So.. why aren't they in a job? Are they not that good? Why won't people employ them, do I want that risk?".

I found this to be the case with myself and my friends in different phases/situations of employment. I had one friend who was begging for work, they were even working free for a charity for 'experience' (more that they were running the outlet as unpaid manager) and they were kept being turned down repeatedly. They were begging for 2 years with all sorts of excuses or lack of responses from companies. Finally, some one else who volunteered at the charity had an family member who was looking for new employees in a basic job. He effectively got a shoe in because the niece said how hard he works, etc. Within 2 years, he was in a senior management position within that company, and people have sent him job offers trying to poach him!

I guess the moral of his story is also "Networking is good" and "Take an opportunity when you see it".

You simply do not really need them, good luck

"When He heard what Shi had found, he was excited."

https://www.nature.com/news/an-epige...ession-1.21513

It escalates.
    Runes for good luck:

[1 - exp(i*2π)]^-1

This is so sexy, I am a pretty good dancer but nowhere like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ1P3LjkE28 Cohen always +1 RIP

That's more like 70% hugging and feeling and 30% dancing...

Page 62 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263646566 ... LastLast