Page 12 of 67 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Thoughts Thread

Default Re: Random Thoughts Thread

lol, that is one way of looking at life. All I want is a Mini Cooper, a good computer every 5 years, and a nice little house with a wifey to share it with. That is my dream. lol
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Could use a new boat. I am a persona non grata at all harbours here I can't even enter them, ffs what good is having a boat if you are not going to have fun with it, but it isn't apreciated by the babyboomers who rule the place. They had their party and now want strict law&order for everyone. I really miss my boat. I had to sell it. Assholes.
    Last edited by Fragony; 09-01-2013 at 09:20.

In Wisconsin, there are tons of public lakes you can put a boat out on. Or are you talking a yacht?
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
    In Wisconsin, there are tons of public lakes you can put a boat out on. Or are you talking a yacht?
    Yeah but I had to sell it, I am literally not allowed to enter any harbour in Amersfoort. Something I can be secretly kinda proud off, at least I have something to boast with heh

lol, why is that?

lol, why is that?
    Well...... I kinda... ah what does it matter I can't. They will call the police the second I set a foot in any harbour here I am absolutily banned for life. Of course there is a funny story behind it but I would break a lot of rules and get banned here as well if I told you
    Last edited by Fragony; 09-01-2013 at 16:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Well...... I kinda... ah what does it matter I can't. They will call the police the second I set a foot in any harbour here I am absolutily banned for life. Of course there is a funny story behind it but I would break a lot of rules and get banned here as well if I told you
    lol, that is what PMs are for. I could use a good story.

lol, that is what PMs are for. I could use a good story.
    Ah well can do. I made a cabrio out of my boat and really damaged a bridge doing it. I was kinda distracted by my company. That is what fially did it, but the relationship with the harbours have always been somewhat difficult

I take it that you were fined pretty heavily for that?

I take it that you were fined pretty heavily for that?
    Nah insurance covered damage to the bridge. I just couldn't repair boat because I am not welcome anymore. Anywhere. So I had to sell my baby. Plus-side is that I am pretty legendary

Being polite and kind is something people should take pleassure in. Whenever I go to the larger cities I don't know how fast I want to get out of there. Amsterdam is the worst but Utrecht deservers an honorary mention when it comes to rudeness. Is it so much to ask to greet the busdriver if you enter and leave, it's completily normal for me to do that. If an older person gets in you offer your seat. Not so much there.and there are bins for trash you are supposed to put it in it. Don't you feel like a an asocial pos if you just throw it on the street.
    Last edited by Fragony; 09-02-2013 at 13:26.

One of the benefits of living in the country is that society has not deteriorated half as badly.

Member thankful for this post:

One of the benefits of living in the country is that society has not deteriorated half as badly.
    Kinda halfway, live in a small town, not the country. I don't like it there either if these hands aren't folded they are in your pockets

edit, pics of it, it's really pretty and there are plenty of bars and restaurents https://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl&s...CYSwhAefpIG4Dg
    Last edited by Fragony; 09-02-2013 at 14:22.

Well, it is a very nice looking place for sure.

Well, it is a very nice looking place for sure.
    My hub is in the best place https://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl&r...TBharWCOyFM%3A

https://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl&g...EbAKRYnH_XM%3A
    Last edited by Fragony; 09-02-2013 at 15:04.

Coq au vin

Coke and gin
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

RIP Freddie Mercury.
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

Quote Originally Posted by rickinator9 View Post
    RIP Freddie Mercury.
    If you get a tribute like this you must have been doing it right. Shame the video singing it himself doesn't work.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rqh8Jqu8tIk

Queen is legendary, and they deserve it

Edit, thankfully we have our own hero, tears in my eyes every time

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gkX7ga_uR-U

RIP Andre Hazes

Another one for the hall of fame of epic goodbye's

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LCRZZC-DH7M

RIP Peggy Lee
    Last edited by Fragony; 09-06-2013 at 06:58.

IT HAS BEEN ORDERED

My Cold Steel big boar blowgun, 8 stun darts and 28 broadheads. Awesome

Vuk 

I'll time to eat your guts

mmmMMm

nnn7anyayynyaneeibnd

Kill

Yyyyeahayah

its so deadly
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

IT HAS BEEN ORDERED

My Cold Steel big boar blowgun, 8 stun darts and 28 broadheads. Awesome
    Now don't kill someone.

Now don't kill someone.
    Don't worry I got a recurve-bow for that. Next month it will be equiped with laser-sight and the month after that thermal vision. I am going to make the most awesome bow ever made, guarantied

WI just did pretty good too.

Edi wrong thread

Not sure if anyone here enjoys reading comic books, but I just got the first 3 volumes of Alan Moore's "The Saga of Swamp Thing". USPS was nice enough to fold it in half and cram it into my mailbox though. Maybe in a week after it's had about 25 lbs on top of it I'll be able to dive in. More of a random rant than a random thought.
    I like to stream

New Zealand accents are very sexy on women. Just saying.

The current state of entertainment is so bad that it is motivating me to invent a time machine so I can go back to a time when people could sing, make movies, and make video games. The crap that is excused as entertainment today makes me want to puke.

I disagree, all blockbusters are really entertaining, Hollywood has perfected it's formula, but arthouse-movies are thriving. With games you can't go wrong with the big titles, but there is an absolute wealth of indie-goodness and a dedicated modding community, gaming has never been better. Music, same. You can buy what the music industry wants you to buy, but thanks to the internet niche bands got a much bigger reach. We can watch, play and listen to what we like, creativity has been reclaimed, it's has never been better than right now.
    Last edited by Fragony; 09-12-2013 at 05:05.

Great. Got me an awesome waxcoat. In two days I scored three remarks of how awesome I look from Maroccan and afro streetkids, 100% gangster aparantly, or looking like the real thing. I am used to people thinking I am dangerous but geez

I disagree, all blockbusters are really entertaining, Hollywood has perfected it's formula, but arthouse-movies are thriving. With games you can't go wrong with the big titles, but there is an absolute wealth of indie-goodness and a dedicated modding community, gaming has never been better. Music, same. You can buy what the music industry wants you to buy, but thanks to the internet niche bands got a much bigger reach. We can watch, play and listen to what we like, creativity has been reclaimed, it's has never been better than right now.
    That's just the problem though Frags, they are following a formula. We are talking about art, not fast food. When you take a fast food approach to art, you get the crap Hollywood is turning out nowadays.
    Meanwhile most indie movies either try way to hard to be different and artistic and miss the point entirely, or have way to small of budgets to be any good.
    As far as music goes, I don't know what music you listen to, but when I turn on a Country music station I feel like smashing out my eardrums with an ice-pick. What the heck happened to the country music of the 90's and early 2000's? Now they think they just need to mention apple pie, drinking, trucks, or honkytonking to have their song counted as country music. There is no soul in modern music.
    As far as video games go, look at Thief 4 and Deus Ex 3 and compare them to Deus Ex 1 and Thief I and II. There is no comparison. 90% of modern video games with the notable exception of simulators have been total garbage. The best game to come out in the last 3 years (DLC Quest) is a parody of how ridiculous modern video games are.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatinous Cube View Post
    Yeah I'm with frags. The world is on media overload, if you sift through the crap there's plenty of gold.
    Quantity is not quality. And sorry, but I don't think there is plenty of gold. If you search really, really hard and endure all kinds of disappointment you will stumble across the odd good movie, song, or video game, but nothing amazing like in the 1920's-early 2000's. Entertainment has stopped being art that makes a profit and has turned completely into a scientific, cold, calculated money milking system. Art has gone to hell.

Page 12 of 67 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast