Page 1 of 67 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Thoughts Thread

Default Random Thoughts Thread

Post you random thoughts here. You know, those little flickers of thought that are not worth started a whole thread for, but that you feel like sharing anyway. They can be deep, they can be silly, they can be funny, they can even be stupid, but please keep them clean.
    Think of it as the twitter thread. Feel free to discuss other's thoughts.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

Default Re: Random Thoughts Thread

Bacon. Mmmmmm, I looove bacon. Gotta have some when I get home tonight.
    "And if the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war and not popularity seeking. If they want peace, they and their relatives must stop the war." - William Tecumseh Sherman

“The market, like the Lord, helps those who help themselves. But unlike the Lord, the market does not forgive those who know not what they do.” - Warren Buffett

Member thankful for this post:

Hax 

Would a Mini Cooper with a 600 HP engine tear itself apart?
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Can native Americans grow a beard. I want to know

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Default THE PALACE

I want a beer tonight, but can't decide which one. Does it make sense to pick a Chouffe since I still have half a crate and only a few of the other beers?
    Last edited by Andres; 05-23-2013 at 19:27.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

I live rather close the the Menominee reserve and have known and seen a lot of NA, and none of them have been able to grow facial hair. I may be wrong, but as far as I understand it they cannot unless they also have other genetic material that will allow them to. I may be wildly wrong there, but that is how I understand it and personal observation bears that out.

If I made a salad out of deep fried veggies, would it still be considered health food?

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatinous Cube View Post
    Depends on their ancestry. There's lots of different kinds of native americans. Its rare to see one with a beard, but they do exist--especially if they have some south-of-the-border in their blood.
    Ah, cool. I some times feel as if we (the modern world, including NAs) know very little about NA history.

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

will I get my first paycheck before the first truck bill is due?

will the rains come before the first of Ramadan?

should I sacrifice 2 sheep in honor of starting work?
    Last edited by Ibrahim; 05-23-2013 at 20:30.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

Vuk 

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Im fairly certain that the guy Im re-leasing my apartment from is stiffing me $100/m on rent. The agreement was that I would pay $400/m of a $790 bill while he would cover the other $390. Yet he only gave me checks for $290. I have email correspondence with the guy saying that I would be paying $400/m, but now Im not sure what to do.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Quote Originally Posted by Ibrahim View Post
    should I sacrifice 2 sheep in honor of starting work?
    Best random thought of the thread. Hands down.

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

I wish we knew more about Carthage.

And Parthia.

Duck's eggs and their hearts tossed onto bat excrement in bold, elegant rice.

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
    Best random thought of the thread. Hands down.

Oh, believe me, my thoughts can be even more random.

anyways, more randomness:

-the Shang sure knew how to imitate Mortal Kombat. Or did Mortal Kombat imitate them?
    -mmm....maple syrup.
    -I just realized: they should totally have a Judge Di Noir game--just like LA Noire. I can see it now: shouting "Judge Di! Zhangguo PD!!" as some crook gets busted. China PD doesn't flow as well. might be hard to do shoot-outs though, being before gunpowder and all. clues might be more abstract and harder to spot. definitely the same voice actor as the one for Cole Phelps.
    -if a business is open 365 days a year, does that mean they all take a day off every leave year?

yeah, you can see what kind of thoughts run through my mind.
    Last edited by Ibrahim; 05-24-2013 at 04:49.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

If 2 + 2 = 4, does Taurus + Taurus = F150?

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

They said it was roasted camel tongue, but I have this feeling it was really camel snout.

What do quarks look like?

Why do British names all sound so silly?

Did Batman ever bang Wonder Woman? The Justice League cartoons seem to indicate that.

Should I get the PS4 or get a Wii-u, or a even a Steambox or Ouya. I only want one device and the good old ps3 is coughing up blood after 7 years of loyal service, I hate looking at cables so more than one device is not an option. So which one

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Should I get the PS4 or get a Wii-u, or a even a Steambox or Ouya. I only want one device and the good old ps3 is coughing up blood after 7 years of loyal service, I hate looking at cables so more than one device is not an option. So which one
    Either a desktop PC or Steam Box would be the best choice. :)

I don't have enough space for a desktop, I live on 50 square meters. Steambox sounds awesome it's nice and tiny but I don't want to be left out with functionality-problems because of poor optimalisation for it. I am leaning towards the Wii-U but Nintendo really ought to give it some more love. So far the only game I would want to get it for is the remake of the Wind Waker. Needs new Metroid.

No one knows what the Steambox is.

Wii-U is pointless because it has no games. Hence why it has sold extremely poorly.

Ouya was a scam from the beginning.

PS4 is the only legitimate gaming console at the moment until Microsoft actually starts talking about games at E3.

Wii-u will get games first-party eventually. I at least want to play the windwaker again without that annoying blur. It also has a lot of retro goodnes, and it's backwards compatible. Leaning towards the Wii-u. PS4 is a beast though, is going to be ahead of even a high-end pc for a while

Friend reminded me of something I forgot, I stealed my own bike. I broke the lock without noticing it was my own. Even better, when I was still in Amsterdam I had the police steal one for me. We were breaking the lock and got busted by the police. We sugartalked our way out and tricked the police into breaking the lock for us. Heh

Might as well share another police fail, me so leet. Mounted police was riding past us and I said to my friend that the dick is usually below. He didn't apreciate it and tried to corner me but I have had horses for years I know exactly how to calm them, you put your hand on their snout and pet them. The dick on the horse was immediatly a limb one. He fined me for insulting him but he refused to show his identification, I called the police-station when I was home and warned them there were fake cops handing out fines. Got away with this one as well, fine was canceled. Fun times
    Last edited by Fragony; 05-26-2013 at 18:03.

lol mate, now you are coming across as a bit of a schmuck. Why in heck would you steal people's bikes? For all you know, the people who own them could have very little money and a low paying job, and that could make their life a lot harder. That's not cool at all.

Why does life always close off the doors to the things you love the most, and fight you when you even try to open the doors to mediocrity?

Quote Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
    lol mate, now you are coming across as a bit of a schmuck. Why in heck would you steal people's bikes? For all you know, the people who own them could have very little money and a low paying job, and that could make their life a lot harder. That's not cool at all.
    Stealing bikes is a national sport, if it isn't an expensive one it's more like borrowing. If it was yours that was stolen you curse because you have to walk and buy a new one from a junkie for 10 euro next day.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Stealing bikes is a national sport, if it isn't an expensive one it's more like borrowing. If it was yours that was stolen you curse because you have to walk and buy a new one from a junkie for 10 euro next day.
    lol, maybe I just don't understand Dutchland.

Page 1 of 67 123451151 ... LastLast