Thread: When I choose custom battle, I get to choose units from all factions

Thumbs down When I choose custom battle, I get to choose units from all factions

Hello, this is my first time to play EB, so please be gentle with me. I hope we'll get along.

The thing is, I've installed Rome: Total War, and patched it to 1.5, after that I installed EB 1.1 and patched it to 1.2;
    When I entered it and wanted to test some factions, I saw a large number of troops to choose from. I was surprised tho. The factions were from different regions, belonging to different factions. I want to test faction specific units. Thanks

Default Re: When I choose custom battle, I get to choose units from all factions

Try opening 'configuration' (simply just search it, it will have an EB symbol next to it) and then selecting multiplayer.
    It will restrict each faction to it's factional and local units.
    Also choosing windowed mode is recomended, makes alt-tabbing not crash the game.

I think it is the way it is in singleplayer because of how the AoR works.

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Default Re: When I choose custom battle, I get to choose units from all factions

You have to select MP mode for custom battles in the EB laucher, that will limit it to factionals and close by regionals or historically often used mercenaries (for example Cretan archers for the Romani).

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: When I choose custom battle, I get to choose units from all factions

Hello Faxxy, welcome to the .Org and to EB .

This is the forum for the as-yet-unreleased EB2 modifiction. The forums for EB1 are over here.

To answer your question, from the EB FAQ:

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus View Post
    Q: In custom battles or multiplayer the unit selection is missing units.
    A: All of the regionals cause a problem for the custom battle / multiplayer list. There is a special EDU for custom battles / multiplayer in the "...Rome- Total War\EB\mp custom game edu" folder. Rename your campaign EDU then place the EDU from that folder into the "...Rome - Total War\EB\Data" folder. When you want to play a campaign again, switch back to your original EDU. EB v1.1 now comes with the trivial script, which will automatically switch the files for you. To play custom battles or multiplayer battles with all of your factional units, run the "Play Multiplayer" option of the trivial script.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Thanks everyone! Thanks a million times.

And, as I heard, EB2 is being made for Medieval II Total War Kingdoms. Is this true? If so, does it have a release date? (Sorry, this may be answered but I can't find the answer)

It is, and nothing announced yet. But from what I've heard the beta should hopefully come out soon...ish.

and in eb terms considering most of the times that we deal in times around 2.000 years give or take soon ... ish means something around 1 to 2 years :X