Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Why Does Australia Get To have an Anti-Gay Prime Minister and an Interment Camp?

  1. #1
    Apr 04-Nov 11 Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Between Louis' sheets
    Posts
    10,241

    Default Why Does Australia Get To have an Anti-Gay Prime Minister and an Interment Camp?

    Yet no one wants to bring ol'redhead up on crimes against humanity?

    Grandstanding worthy of Snowden
    “I was not designed to be forced. I will breathe after my own fashion. Let us see who is the strongest.” -Thoreau

    Sometimes chicken, sometimes feathers.


  2. #2
    The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    15,662

    Default Re: Why Does Australia Get To have an Anti-Gay Prime Minister and an Interment Camp?

    She is an atheist too.

    She isn't so much anti gay as anti marriage. She lives with her defacto husband.

    One of her key ministers is the Deputy Leader in the Senate Penny Wong. Senator Wong recently had a child with her partner Sophie Allouache.

    So on that side of things it isn't a clear cut case.

    =][=

    On illegal immigration. Both sides of politics are keen to plunge to the lowest common denominator.

    I for one am looking at doing a double protest vote for the Greens as they are one of the few mainstream parties who have humane policies... wacko everywhere else but might as well give the joint to hippies not 'ists.

    Members thankful for this post (2):



  3. #3
    Tribunus Plebis Member Gaius Scribonius Curio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the middle of the Desert.
    Posts
    2,052

    Default Re: Why Does Australia Get To have an Anti-Gay Prime Minister and an Interment Camp?

    Hilariously, Strike, you are already out-of-date...

    Any Aussies have any thoughts on the return of Kevin???
    Nihil nobis metuendum est, praeter metum ipsum. - Caesar
    We have not to fear anything, except fear itself.



    Ibant obscuri sola sub nocte per umbram
    perque domos Ditis vacuas et inania regna:
    quale per incertam lunam sub luce maligna
    est iter in silvis, ubi caelum condidit umbra
    Iuppiter, et rebus nox abstulit atra colorem.
    - Vergil

  4. #4
    Apr 04-Nov 11 Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Between Louis' sheets
    Posts
    10,241

    Default Re: Why Does Australia Get To have an Anti-Gay Prime Minister and an Interment Camp?

    I, wasn't, out, of, date, when, this, was, posted.
    “I was not designed to be forced. I will breathe after my own fashion. Let us see who is the strongest.” -Thoreau

    Sometimes chicken, sometimes feathers.

    Member thankful for this post:

    Hax 


  5. #5
    Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    9,029

    Default Re: Why Does Australia Get To have an Anti-Gay Prime Minister and an Interment Camp?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Scribonius Curio View Post
    Hilariously, Strike, you are already out-of-date...

    Any Aussies have any thoughts on the return of Kevin???
    Well it has pretty much ensured that the Libs can't take over the Senate (as I expect Kevin will increase the Labor vote by a few percent, but not enough to win the election), so we should have a Labor/Greens check in that house. That will at least do away with the worst of the Mad Monk's legislation.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Senior Member gaelic cowboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    mayo
    Posts
    4,833

    Default Re: Why Does Australia Get To have an Anti-Gay Prime Minister and an Interment Camp?

    Quote Originally Posted by CountArach View Post
    Well it has pretty much ensured that the Libs can't take over the Senate (as I expect Kevin will increase the Labor vote by a few percent, but not enough to win the election), so we should have a Labor/Greens check in that house. That will at least do away with the worst of the Mad Monk's legislation.
    minority governments are pretty unstable I cannot see the voters plumping for one a second one.
    They slew him with poison afaid to meet him with the steel
    a gallant son of eireann was Owen Roe o'Neill.

    Internet is a bad place for info Gaelic Cowboy

  7. #7
    The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    15,662

    Default Re: Why Does Australia Get To have an Anti-Gay Prime Minister and an Interment Camp?

    Quite a lot of voters spilt their votes between parties. One set for the local MP another for the Senate.

    It can be bad if you are a moderate to have both houses being majority controlled by on party by a large margin. They start with reasonable changes then they charge off into mandates from the public to do any odd little party line trick.

  8. #8
    Member Member Zarakas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Zarax
    Posts
    49

    Default Re: Why Does Australia Get To have an Anti-Gay Prime Minister and an Interment Camp?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Scribonius Curio View Post
    Hilariously, Strike, you are already out-of-date...

    Any Aussies have any thoughts on the return of Kevin???
    We have had two labor governments for two successive terms in government. For each term Labor has replaced its Prime Minister which was elected by the Australian people (and with much help from the minor parties such as Greens and Independents). They cannot govern or manage themselves, therefore how do they manage the largest operation/business in Australia which is government. Simple answer - they dont. WE will feel the effects of this mismanagement over the next two decades, and pay for it.

    Kevin is a "show pony". He was made the leader of the Labor party to win the 2007 election, he has been made leader again to restrict damage to labor party after this election. Following the election there is a strong possibilty he will be replaced again. No matter who the leader is, its the team he leads that counts. And the team has shown its worth (Zero), that wont change.

    Six years of Labor = has been like watching a bad movie

  9. #9

    Default Re: Why Does Australia Get To have an Anti-Gay Prime Minister and an Interment Camp?

    Parliament: wherever you go, there you are; non-stop drama
    Ja-mata TosaInu

  10. #10
    Senior Member Senior Member gaelic cowboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    mayo
    Posts
    4,833

    Default Re: Why Does Australia Get To have an Anti-Gay Prime Minister and an Interment Camp?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarakas View Post
    Six years of Labor = has been like watching a bad movie
    an yet Abbott is seen as a blue tie wearing budgie smuggler
    Last edited by gaelic cowboy; 06-28-2013 at 23:25.
    They slew him with poison afaid to meet him with the steel
    a gallant son of eireann was Owen Roe o'Neill.

    Internet is a bad place for info Gaelic Cowboy

  11. #11
    Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    9,029

    Default Re: Why Does Australia Get To have an Anti-Gay Prime Minister and an Interment Camp?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarakas View Post
    We have had two labor governments for two successive terms in government. For each term Labor has replaced its Prime Minister which was elected by the Australian people (and with much help from the minor parties such as Greens and Independents). They cannot govern or manage themselves, therefore how do they manage the largest operation/business in Australia which is government. Simple answer - they dont. WE will feel the effects of this mismanagement over the next two decades, and pay for it.

    Kevin is a "show pony". He was made the leader of the Labor party to win the 2007 election, he has been made leader again to restrict damage to labor party after this election. Following the election there is a strong possibilty he will be replaced again. No matter who the leader is, its the team he leads that counts. And the team has shown its worth (Zero), that wont change.

    Six years of Labor = has been like watching a bad movie
    This is false. Voters elect their federal representative who in turn participates in the election of their party leader and then the leader of the party who can cobble together a majority can be elected Prime Minister by the Parliament. We do not vote for party leaders, unless those leaders happen to be our representative. This is emphatically not a Presidential system. At best an argument could be made that we elect a Party, but that Party still internally decides on its leader.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

    Members thankful for this post (3):



  12. #12
    Formerly Wigferth Ironwall Senior Member Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Isca
    Posts
    12,779

    Default Re: Why Does Australia Get To have an Anti-Gay Prime Minister and an Interment Camp?

    Quote Originally Posted by CountArach View Post
    This is false. Voters elect their federal representative who in turn participates in the election of their party leader and then the leader of the party who can cobble together a majority can be elected Prime Minister by the Parliament. We do not vote for party leaders, unless those leaders happen to be our representative. This is emphatically not a Presidential system. At best an argument could be made that we elect a Party, but that Party still internally decides on its leader.
    Conversely - the party puts forward a Leader and Shadow Cabinet. In so far as we elect a party against a manifesto - we assume they will govern somewhat as advertised.

    If a part has a habit of changing leaders, that should make them un-electable because you've precious little idea what you might be getting.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."


  13. #13
    Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    9,029

    Default Re: Why Does Australia Get To have an Anti-Gay Prime Minister and an Interment Camp?

    Quote Originally Posted by Philipvs Vallindervs Calicvla View Post
    Conversely - the party puts forward a Leader and Shadow Cabinet. In so far as we elect a party against a manifesto - we assume they will govern somewhat as advertised.

    If a part has a habit of changing leaders, that should make them un-electable because you've precious little idea what you might be getting.
    Yet in this case the party manifesto has remained largely constant and a lot of this is little more than window dressing.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Senior Member gaelic cowboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    mayo
    Posts
    4,833

    Default Re: Why Does Australia Get To have an Anti-Gay Prime Minister and an Interment Camp?

    Quote Originally Posted by Philipvs Vallindervs Calicvla View Post
    Conversely - the party puts forward a Leader and Shadow Cabinet. In so far as we elect a party against a manifesto - we assume they will govern somewhat as advertised.

    If a part has a habit of changing leaders, that should make them un-electable because you've precious little idea what you might be getting.

    it's never stopped people before so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say your incorrect here

    people often like to vote for there party "we always vote for X" i dont see it's as crucial as you think
    Last edited by gaelic cowboy; 06-30-2013 at 17:10.
    They slew him with poison afaid to meet him with the steel
    a gallant son of eireann was Owen Roe o'Neill.

    Internet is a bad place for info Gaelic Cowboy

  15. #15
    One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Nowhere...
    Posts
    11,757

    Default Re: Why Does Australia Get To have an Anti-Gay Prime Minister and an Interment Camp?

    but what if anarchism...?

    We do not sow.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO