Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Storm's End [Concluded]

Tribunus Plebis Member Gaius Scribonius Curio's Avatar

Default Re: Storm's End [IN PLAY]

I am far less concerned with Ibn-Khaldun, whose ability we have confirmation of (via Autolycus) than by BSmith. The point that two pro-town roleblockers seems unlikely makes sense. So if one of our role-blockers is lying, it is far more likely to be BSmith.

I would urge the garrison to lynch BSmith over El Barto, who has been both role-blocked by Ibn-Khaldun and tracked doing nothing, or at the very least lynch Chaotix, who is a self-confessed traitor.

Tally

Chaotix 4 - El Barto; edse; Ibn-Khaldun; BSmith
    El Barto 2 - Chaotix; Autolycus
    BSmith 1 - Curio
    Last edited by Gaius Scribonius Curio; 07-28-2013 at 04:55. Reason: Added tally...
    Nihil nobis metuendum est, praeter metum ipsum. - Caesar
    We have not to fear anything, except fear itself.

Ibant obscuri sola sub nocte per umbram
    perque domos Ditis vacuas et inania regna:
    quale per incertam lunam sub luce maligna
    est iter in silvis, ubi caelum condidit umbra
    Iuppiter, et rebus nox abstulit atra colorem.
    - Vergil

3 hours left.

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Btw, did't we already had master-at-arms? A role that BSmith claimed?

IIRC: I was sure that this sounded familiar...

It is best we probably stick with Chaotix this late though...

- Vergil

Blog Entries

B-Wing was Captain of the Guard. So that is why it sounded familiar.

Member thankful for this post:

End Day 8

Chaotix ordered to approach the gallows. Stannis had decided to hang this traitor, who had laid his claims quite bare for all to see. Ser Gawen Wylde, the man at arms had a big smile on his face as he ordered the man up the stairs with his sword. Today was a good day for him. He loved hanging traitors. As he hung the noose around Chaotix's neck, he burst out laughing. Stannis frowned, "What could possibly be funny about a hanging?" he asked.

"It isn't the hanging my lord that I'm laughing at." he said as he kicked the chair under Chaotix's legs.

"It's you."

With that, Edse and El Barto drew their crossbow and sword respectively. Stannis looked around at his two remaining garrison members, Ibn-Khaldun, his jailor and Davos Fleabottom, his saviour. Davos cursed and drew his sword and the Jailor ran off.

With a smile, Edse fired a shot at Davos, missing by an inch as Davos realised the fight was lost. He ran off to follow the jailor.

El Barto and BSmith cornered Stannis, who was clearly outmatched. "You'll cede lordship of Storm's End to me, Cape Wrath to El Barto and Edse will remain my trusty companion. With a high payrise of course. Now, you'll be wanting to agree to these terms, as the alternative is your death. After all, when you play the game of thrones, you either win, or you die. Maybe we'll let you be a lord under us, or maybe you'll take the black instead. I hear they need men on the wall. Choice is yours."

Stannis cursed. Bloody thieves they were. He looked out past the castle. Was that a direwolf banner?

Summary: Chaotix was lynched!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    He was a Footsoldier!

he was Cult!

GAME OVER!

MAFIA VICTORY!

Congratulations BSmith, Edse and El Barto!

Alive 6/18:
    3. Autolycus, town.
    4. Edse, mafia.
    5. El Barto, mafia.
    8. Ibn-Khaldun, town.
    9. BSmith, mafia.
    11. Gaius Scribonius Curio, town.

Dead 12/18:
    14. Riedquat, town, killed Night 1.
    1. Makrell, town, lynched Day 2.
    13. Jarema, town, killed Night 2.
    2. LazyMcCrow, town, lynched Day 3.
    10. Darth Feather, cult, killed Night 3.
    12. B-Wing, town, killed Night 4.
    15. Ishmael, town, lynched Day 5.
    7. Rickinator9, town, killed Night 5.
    18. SalmonSoil, cult, lynched Day 7.
    16. White_eyes:D, cult, executed Day 7.
    17. HopAlongBunny, town, killed Night 7.
    6. Chaotix, cult, lynched Day 8.
    Last edited by Visor; 07-28-2013 at 12:50.

Role PMs:

Welcome Curio, you are Stannis Baratheon, the Commander of the garrison at Storm's End, and brother to the usurper Robert Baratheon. He tasked you to hold Storm's End and so you have after almost 10 months of siege.

Alignment: Town
    Ability: As the Lord Commander you hold a lot of power in your position. Once in the game, you may choose to execute someone in addition to the lynch. This can only be done in the day. You also have the one time ability to keep a full night's watch which will ensure no-one can take action on a particular night. If you die or become indisposed/wounded it may have an effect on the town itself.
    Victory: Eliminate all traitors to the garrison.
    Personal Goal: Execute a traitor using your ability.

Welcome B-Wing, you are the Captain of the Guard who is situated at Storm's End.

Ability: The Captain of the Guard holds some power in the runnings of the castle. You may investigate a person to find out whether they were active or not during the night.
    Personal Goal: Stannis Baratheon survives.

Welcome Makrell, you are Maester Cressen who is situated at Storm's End.

Ability: As a maester you must know how to heal. Every night you may heal someone, which will either bring them back from a wounded state or stop them from taking harm.
    Personal Goal: Save at least two people.

Welcome BSmith, you are Ser Gawen Wylde who is the master at arms at Storm's End.

Alignment: Mafia
    Ability: As a master at arms you are skilled in swordsmanship. You may spar with someone each night as practice for the Tyrell horde, they will be too tired to do anything that night. This will not work on certain characters however.
    Victory: Eliminate enough people so that you can take over the castle.
    Personal Goal: Kill at least two named characters.

Welcome autolycus, you are Davos Fleabottom, the infamous smuggler turned hero of the garrison at Storm's End. Without your supplies the garrison would've been forced to eat their own dead.

Ability: Smugglers are careful men and ones who like make sure that they can trust men to have their backs. Every night you may bring an extra portion of food and some words and promises to a person to ensure they are loyal to Stannis. If they are a new cult recruit they will turn back to townie alignment. Otherwise you will prevent the person from being recruited that night.
    Personal Goal: Bring back a cult member using your ability. You will not know if you have suceeded until after the game.

Welcome Riedquat, you are the Cook who is situated at Storm's End.

Ability: You have no abilities.
    Personal Goal: Vote to lynch at least two traitors successfully.

Welcome Rickinator9, you are a member of Stannis's Guard who is situated at Storm's End.

Ability: You are a guard to Stannis Baratheon. You will defend him with your life. The other member of the guard is Ishmael. As long as both of you are alive Stannis cannot be killed. You are not masons.

Welcome Ishmael, you are a member of Stannis's Guard who is situated at Storm's End.

Ability: You are a guard to Stannis Baratheon. You will defend him with your life. The other member of the guard is rickinator9. As long as both of you are alive Stannis cannot be killed. You are not masons.

Welcome White_Eyes:D, you are The Rose who is a member of the garrison at Storm's End.

Alignment: Cult
    Ability: The Rose is skilled in deception. Each night you may leave a letter in someone's bed detailing that if they help you, the Tyrell's will be sure to reward them and that if they decide to show up at the well by midnight, you will know their loyalty. Only certain people will accept however. You can send letters every second night. However, your party cannot be more then three, otherwise the stink of traitor will be too large for the guards to ignore and they will crack down hard. If your letter is refused, you cannot act the following night. (For example, if you send it night 1 and it is refused, the guards will be on high alert, therefore you cannot perform any abilities the next night (this goes for everyone in your group. If someone fails an action, the whole group must be silent for the next night).

However, your new babes in arms may not be particularly loyal. I suggest not revealing your identity to them unless you make them members of your garden. A new recruit has no abilities, however a flower does. Making a new recruit a flower takes two nights, and lots of persuasion. However, you can be sure they are loyal.
    Victory: Convince enough people that the Tyrells will be lenient to open the gate to let them in.
    Personal Goal: Never have more then two members in the cult.

http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/MiNQLs3YRxg

Quicktopic to discuss. I may change your PM according to the balance of the game.

Welcome El Barto, you are Ser Jon Cafferon who is a knight in residence at Storm's End.

Ability: A Knight of the Stormlands, you have the ability to disguise yourself. If your target is killed your name will be mentioned, and you will take the person's name. Beware, I will eventually leave hints that he was disguised.
    Personal Goal: Have Stannis Baratheon lynched.

Welcome HopAlongBunny, you are a Knight of the Stormlands who is situated at Storm's End.

Ability: You may track a person to see who they visit.
    Personal Goal: Find a traitor.

Welcome edse, you are Ser Amory Rogers who is a soldier in residence at Storm's End.

Ability: You may kill one person at night.
    Personal Goal: At least two of the mafia survive.

Welcome Yay!, you are the Sargent who is situated at Storm's End.

Ability: Each night you may wound someone which will prevent them from taking action the next night.
    Personal Goal: Use your ability on a traitor.

Welcome Double A, you are the Footsoldier who is situated at Storm's End.

Ability: One shot bulletproof.
    Personal Goal: Use your ability on a traitor.

Welcome LazyMcCrow, you are a Footsoldier who is situated at Storm's End.

Ability: You may send anonymous messages through me to the scum players.
    Personal Goal: Lynch scum of both alignments.

Welcome Ibn-Khaldun, you are the Jailer who is situated at Storm's End.

Ability: Each night you may throw someone in jail, to both protect and roleblock them.
    Personal Goal: Protect someone from dying and roleblock a traitor.

Welcome SalmonSoil, you are a Prisoner who is situated at Storm's End.

Alignment: Neutral
    Ability: You can currently not do anything at night.
    Victory: Survive the game.
    Personal Goal: Outlive Stannis Baratheon.

Welcome Darth Feather, you are a Mortician who is situated at Storm's End.

Ability: Each night you may examine a corpse to determine how it died.
    Personal Goal: Correctly identify at least three bodies.

Last edited by Visor; 07-28-2013 at 12:59.

Victory:

Edse, BSmith and El Barto achieved Faction Victory.

Edse, BSmith, El Barto, Gaius Scribonius Curio, Autolycus and Ibn-Khaldun achieved Survival.

Gaius, B-Wing, Rickinator9, Ishmael, edse, Jarema all achieved Personal Goals.

Quicktopics:

http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/qKBvxKX3dKMd (Dead and Spoiled QT)
    http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/5xFt3kyxTqB (Mafia QT)
    http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/tXwEMXYubt4nk (Recruited Cult QT)
    http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/MiNQLs3YRxg (Mainline Cult QT (pretty much empty))

Any questions/queries/complaints/criticism? Thanks all for playing and I hope you had a fun game, I enjoyed hosting it.
    Last edited by Visor; 07-28-2013 at 13:10.

And a few more things:

Sorry to White Eyes, I could've balanced the cult a bit better, but you did well with it.
    Sorry to BSmith and WE:D for mixing your roles up.
    I heavily hinted in the writeup that the town needed the last cult member, because otherwise I feared they would think the game was over when the cult was lynched.
    I did mention the setup on the first page.
    The prisoner was a balancing role.
    I know the game was unbalanced, but I don't believe it was to the point where no faction had a chance.
    I probably could've done better writeups, and extended phases over the weekends.

There's probably a few more things, but that's it for now.

Oh, and go back and read the night 2 writeup. Notice anything different?

Blog Entries

3 mafia? Wasn't expecting that. Thought that there were maximum 2 of them.

Anyway..

Congratulations BSmith, edse and El Barto.

There was 1 kill per mafia?

Dark Lord of Sith Member Big Bird Hunting Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Fun Surfing Champion Darth Feather's Avatar

Congrats to the scummy guys

Also, thanks for the game, Visorslash.
    And I am STILL curious what my grammatical mistake was
    Nathaniël of the mouse guard

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain" - Robert Jordan

The writer of above message is not responsible for any mistakes in the reasoning of said message.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibn-Khaldun View Post
    3 mafia? Wasn't expecting that. Thought that there were maximum 2 of them.

Anyway..

Congratulations BSmith, edse and El Barto.

There was 1 kill per mafia?
    1 kill per night from the mafia.

Edse was the mafia goon, BSmith the mafia roleblocker and Takhisis (El barto) the mafia disguiser.

Edse was sargent'd by jarema night 1 which made takhisis kill someone night 2 hence the different kill.

And yes perhaps 3 mafia was too much, though I did load the town full of powers (doctor, jailer, two investigators, etc).

I was hoping you'd think that two roleblockers would be unlikely unless conflicting.

We did have a lot of power roles, the number of ties really did us in.
    My game on Civfanatics could use a few more!: MNOTW XVII: The Cursed Blade!

Semi-Corruptible Member White_eyes:D's Avatar

I didn't even start off with anybody, and my conversion ability didn't really work 100% of the time and I needed 2 more nights to "lock" recruits in. Add in the cooldown timer of every second night and you get...a nicely handicapped role, but I have had worse so "meh".

The only thing that had my blood boiling was that Chaotix was basically screwed unless he really tried very hard and then my lynch write-up just made it impossible for him to deny being cult. Always remember that town well always go with the sure thing over the "supposed or Maybe's". Honestly, I feel better knowing town lost badly because of it though.

Quote Originally Posted by White_eyes:D View Post
    I didn't even start off with anybody, and my conversion ability didn't really work 100% of the time and I needed 2 more nights to "lock" recruits in. Add in the cooldown timer of every second night and you get...a nicely handicapped role, but I have had worse so "meh".

The only thing that had my blood boiling was that Chaotix was basically screwed unless he really tried very hard and then my lynch write-up just made it impossible for him to deny being cult. Always remember that town well always go with the sure thing over the "supposed or Maybe's". Honestly, I feel better knowing town lost badly because of it though.
    I had a few things in mind to balance if things went particularly poorly, for example if you failed the first night, I would let you try again the second night, and then you could try again on the fourth night. But you never failed. Chaotix was completely screwed. There was no way he was going to win as cult, and he had made his allegiance VERY clear with his attempt to tie up the vote. I don't blame him for seeking a victory as town after all avenues were lost.

I will accept that I handicapped you too much, my apologies for that.

Congratulations mafia, town never saw it coming! Thanks Visor for hosting and for providing fun to the deceased from a different perspective!
    returning to the shadows.....

I see nothing wrong with my Makrell vote :D

I'm glad the cult failed two lynches in a row, it gave us a lot of room.

Edit: and the perfect timing of blocks in the two first nights, although I was always afraid someone would notice that the weapon was different.
    Last edited by edse; 07-28-2013 at 17:04.

Wow! Big finale :)

Thank you for the game Visorslash
    Congratulations to the mafia! Well played all around.

Apologies to Darth Feather; it was a throw away line because I was brain dead at that time ie: just a reason
    Ja-mata TosaInu

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Congrats to the mafia!

After that display from El Barto last round I just knew he had to be mafia. Otherwise I'd get an "I don't believe you" or a benefit of the doubt. But the way he just shrugged and kept his vote on me, I knew that town losing was exactly what he wanted. Well played indeed.

Apologies to my cult buddies that I couldn't pull it off; one way or another the cult was toast after that double lynch.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Dark Lord of Sith Member Big Bird Hunting Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Fun Surfing Champion Darth Feather's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HopAlongBunny View Post

Apologies to Darth Feather; it was a throw away line because I was brain dead at that time ie: just a reason
    No problem, I just want to improve, cause I know my English is far from flawless.
    Last edited by Darth Feather; 07-28-2013 at 19:41.
    Nathaniël of the mouse guard

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain" - Robert Jordan

The writer of above message is not responsible for any mistakes in the reasoning of said message.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotix View Post
    Congrats to the mafia!

After that display from El Barto last round I just knew he had to be mafia. Otherwise I'd get an "I don't believe you" or a benefit of the doubt. But the way he just shrugged and kept his vote on me, I knew that town losing was exactly what he wanted. Well played indeed.

Apologies to my cult buddies that I couldn't pull it off; one way or another the cult was toast after that double lynch.
    I got careless in the last lynch, tried too hard to overrule you. But at best we'd've been 3-3 and No Lynch, we'd block Ibn-Khaldun and kill any of you. And win.
    Quote Originally Posted by autolycus View Post
    (…) edse, El Barto, have either of you made claims to abilities that I'm forgetting?
    People, I claimed mafia at the beginning of the game. Why did no one pay attention?
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Thanks to Visorslash for hosting an interesting and exciting game.

Congratulations to the mafia, edse, El Barto and BSmith, in your victory. Twas well done.

Once again my track record of failing dismally in a powerful pro-town role continues...

- Vergil

Semi-Corruptible Member White_eyes:D's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash View Post
    I will accept that I handicapped you too much, my apologies for that.
    Oddly enough...I think you were right to heavily nerf the Cult role. I have always had a problem with games where you could recruit too easily as scum...but then again, I feel recruiting is pretty OPed overall.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

This was interesting and exciting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Scribonius Curio View Post
    Thanks to Visorslash for hosting an interesting and exciting game.

Congratulations to the mafia, edse, El Barto and BSmith, in your victory. Twas well done.

Once again my track record of failing dismally in a powerful pro-town role continues...
    You had a tribune's veto on night Actions!
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789