Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Storm's End [Concluded]

Default Storm's End [Concluded]

Storm's End is one of the strongest castles in the Seven Kingdoms. It is the main seat of House Baratheon, and before it, the ancestral seat of the Storm Kings extending back many thousands of years. The castle is said to be protected by spells woven into its very walls that prevent magic from affecting it or passing through it.

Lord Robert Baratheon took the majority of the Stormland forces with him. He left his younger brother, Stannis, and a small garrison to hold Storm's End. Following Robert's defeat by the Tyrell host at the Battle of Ashford, driving Robert away from his base of power, the Tyrell host advanced directly on Storm’s End, laying siege to it.

Two hundred and eighty three years after Aegon's landing, the small force of Stannis Baratheon sits in the fabled castle of Storm's End besieged by the huge Tyrell host whilst his brother takes to the field to take back Lyanna and depose the Mad King Aerys II. Stannis was ordered to hold Storm's End, and so he shall, until the end.

Welcome to another mafia game, based upon the events of Robert's Rebellion, specifically the siege of Storm's End (from G.R.R.M's series A Song of Ice and Fire).

Rules:
    •24 hour days and 24 hour night phases. Phases may be extended if needed and if I require.
    •You may talk after death. However, no out of thread info, etc. No "I can't say why, but lynch 'x'." If you do so, I will first give a warning, then ban you from talking. This may change depending on how many players I get.
    •Don't quote anything I say to you, however, paraphrasing is fine. Don't discuss the time of PM's, or the length or writing style, as it means nothing.
    •No screenshots, etc.
    •You may talk to players outside the thread.
    •You will vote for players you want lynched during the day, using the format, Vote: Visorslash. Votes must be in bold to count. If you wish to unvote, simply: Unvote; Vote: ATPG. You don't need to do a semicolon, I just think it looks nice.
    •If you are replaced or WOG killed, please do not post in the thread anymore unless it is an apology. If you are replaced by choice, please don't comment in the game.
    •If you think you won't be around during the night phase to give your night action, you can always PM me your night actions in advance.
    •Votes that end in a tie, no lynch.
    •No lynch is allowed.
    •Don't edit posts with votes. I won't count them. Feel free to misrepresent the tally, I do my own anyway. If I can be convinced otherwise, I will change the rule.
    •This game will have roles.
    •If you miss three day phases in a row or 4 in total with any reasonable excuse or informing me why you will be WoG'ed. No exceptions for role.
    •Have fun. This is not an option . If you don't think you'll have fun with this game... don't join it. Nor if you feel you won't be able to participate.
    •Alignment will be revealed on death, not role.

Players 18/18:
    1. Makrell
    2. LazyMcCrow
    3. Autolycus
    4. Edse
    5. El Barto
    6. Double A
    7. Rickinator9
    8. Ibn-Khaldun
    9. BSmith
    10. Darth Feather
    11. Gaius Scribonius Curio
    12. B-Wing
    13. Yay!
    14. Riedquat
    15. Ishmael
    16. White_eyes:D
    17. HopAlongBunny
    18. SalmonSoil

Reserves:
    1. Chaotix
    Last edited by Visor; 07-28-2013 at 12:53.

Default Re: Storm's End

in dibs on davos seaworth, or the bastard if i must

Blessings to The Mother - I'm in.

Mother? Really, Fear the StraInger!
    My game on Civfanatics could use a few more!: MNOTW XVII: The Cursed Blade!

StraInger? lol, that was lame :P

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

I've never read A Song of Ice and Fire, that way I can just fantasise about what is going on here, make wild assumptions, incorrectly interpret basic stuff that I should obviously know, etc. etc. Bring it on!
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Member thankful for this post:

B-Wing 

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

[insert Double A signup post]

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

Going into the breach!
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A Song of Ice aNd Fire!

In for me please!
    Always meet on the level, act by the plumb and part on the square.
    2B1ASK1

Dark Lord of Sith Member Big Bird Hunting Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Fun Surfing Champion Darth Feather's Avatar

Never heard of Song of Ice and fire. But a mafia game, In
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Nathaniël of the mouse guard

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain" - Robert Jordan

The writer of above message is not responsible for any mistakes in the reasoning of said message.

Tribunus Plebis Member Gaius Scribonius Curio's Avatar

Colour me in...
    Nihil nobis metuendum est, praeter metum ipsum. - Caesar
    We have not to fear anything, except fear itself.

Ibant obscuri sola sub nocte per umbram
    perque domos Ditis vacuas et inania regna:
    quale per incertam lunam sub luce maligna
    est iter in silvis, ubi caelum condidit umbra
    Iuppiter, et rebus nox abstulit atra colorem.
    - Vergil

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Feather View Post
    Never heard of Song of Ice and fire. But a mafia game, In
    vote: DF

Wink Re: Storm's End

I have heard of Song of Ice and Fire, but don't really know anything about it. Regardless, I want in. The rules mandate fun-having, and I am strongly Pro-Fun. Can you give us an idea of how vanilla this game will be? Sounds pretty factional, which interests me.
    Last edited by B-Wing; 07-04-2013 at 03:29.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Wing View Post
    I have heard of Song of Ice and Fire, but don't really know anything about it. Regardless, I want in. The rules mandate fun-having, and I am strongly Pro-Fun. Can you give us an idea of how vanilla this game will be? Sounds pretty factional, which interests me.
    Depends how many people sign up (it will be a small game though). There may be more then one faction and/or goal. Just see how I feel about it and the numbers.

Senior Member Senior Member Jarema's Avatar

in!

Dark Lord of Sith Member Big Bird Hunting Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Fun Surfing Champion Darth Feather's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    vote: DF
    Hey, I HAVE been living on Jupiter lately so it's not my fault.
    (After googling it, I found out I just didn't know the name, I saw the books in a library and in book shops.)
    Nathaniël of the mouse guard

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain" - Robert Jordan

The writer of above message is not responsible for any mistakes in the reasoning of said message.

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Put me down as a reserve in case you don't get 17.

Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Oh! Yo quiero!! Innnn!

Thanks Visorstain!!
    returning to the shadows.....

@Arjos @SalmonSoil (?)

Just need three more players and I can start this.

Hate to double post/bump my own thread, but a final piece of information before the game starts:

The game will start tomorrow regardless of how many players have signed up. However, depending on the amount of players, the scum team/town power roles will change accordingly.

Possible setups:
    2 Cults and a neutral
    2 cults
    1 cult 1 mafia
    1 mafia some neutrals
    Mafia (members don't know each other) and some neutrals
    1 cult

If there is a cult, there will be restrictions, etc to not make the game unbalanced. Every faction will get a chance to suceed.
    Last edited by Visor; 07-06-2013 at 01:44.

I'll be in, please.

Semi-Corruptible Member White_eyes:D's Avatar

IN if it's not too late.

in if needed
    Ja-mata TosaInu

Woo Game of Thrones IN

Alright that's everyone. I'm going to send out role Pms sometime today, and hopefully get the game underway.

Member thankful for this post:

B-Wing 

Alright, all role PMs have been sent out. I will writeup a short introduction and then let the day start.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

So, when is winter coming?
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Begin Day 1

Stannis ground his teeth. The banners of Tyrell and Redwyne flapped in the breeze outside the fabled castle. No doubt they were feasting even now on all manner of delicacies whilst his men starved. He turned away from the walls and began to walk back to the keep. The Onion Knight had brought them much needed supplies, but onions did not replace anything of substance. "M'lord!" was the call from Davos Fleabottom. The man was a smuggler, but he had also saved them from eating the dead, he was certainly an interesting man. "There's talk of surrendering in the garrison. Some of the men think they're better off with the Tyrells." Stannis' teeth clenched as he heard the news. "Find them and bring them to me, I'll give them to their Tyrells, though not in the manner they intend." he said with a gesture to the catapults near the walls. Davos nodded and went off to tell the garrison about the traitors.

Cressen had warned him of this, and now it had happened. There wasn't much you could do to stop it though, almost a year of low supplies whilst the enemy feasted outside the gate would drive men to forsake their vows. Still, traitors must be punished, and the punishment would be death.

Day 1 will end 24 hours from this post at 1:30 PM GMT +10.

Alive:
    1. Makrell
    2. LazyMcCrow
    3. Autolycus
    4. Edse
    5. El Barto
    6. Double A
    7. Rickinator9
    8. Ibn-Khaldun
    9. BSmith
    10. Darth Feather
    11. Gaius Scribonius Curio
    12. B-Wing
    13. Yay!
    14. Riedquat
    15. Ishmael
    16. White_eyes:D
    17. HopAlongBunny
    18. SalmonSoil

Blog Entries

vote: DF because it's day 1 and DF is basically New Beefy as far as my day 1 voting habits are concerned.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast