Thread: We all this guy a beer....

Default We all this guy a beer....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...ter-mouse-dies

Doug Engelbart, a visionary who invented the computer mouse and developed other technology that has transformed the way people work, play and communicate, has died. He was 88.

The Computer History Museum in Mountain View, California, where Engelbart had been a fellow since 2005, said on Wednesday that it was notified of the death in an email from his daughter and biographer, Christina.

Back in the 1950s and 60s, when mainframes took up entire rooms and were fed data on punch cards, Engelbart already was envisioning a day when computers would empower people to share ideas and solve problems in ways that seemed unfathomable at the time.

He said his work was all about "augmenting human intellect" – a mission that boiled down to making computers more intuitive to use. One of the biggest advances was the mouse, which he developed in the 1960s and patented in 1970. At the time, it was a wooden shell covering two metal wheels: an "X-Y position indicator for a display system."
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

Default Re: We all this guy a beer....

Yep, thanks!

RIP ol' boy

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

RIP.

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

I'd lift a beer to him if I could - stupid carpal tunnel....
    This space intentionally left blank

Members thankful for this post (3):

RIP
    Ja-mata TosaInu

I want to give him more than a beer. This guy deserve a medal of humanity or some shiv for his great contributions to society.

edited for language :/
    Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you,
    By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
    Quote Originally Posted by North Korea
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.