Thread: How to change end date for Total War XL Mod?

Default How to change end date for Total War XL Mod?

I am at year 1456 or whatever it is ( don't have game up ) and I don't want to game to randomly end here -.-! is there anyway I can change it and carry on with my campaign?! :(

edit: I found a mod that lets you bypass the end year but I have a problem. The MTW_julien_year1454_limit_fix.zip mod states you need to change your save file names on the first/second step but I have no physical save files?

I have over 10 save games but they aren't in the folder http://gyazo.com/3bbd68d16834791733766faf25bb034f
    Last edited by rrjstudi; 06-10-2013 at 15:05.

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Default Re: How to change end date for Total War XL Mod?

That directory should have your savegames, unless you have multiple copies of MTW installed. This is generally how MTW mods are installed, maybe there is an XL MTW directory that does have your savegames. Check your XL MTW shortcut properties to see what directory it is running from, this should point you in the right direction.

Welcome to the Org, rrjstudi!
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Quote Originally Posted by drone View Post
    That directory should have your savegames, unless you have multiple copies of MTW installed. This is generally how MTW mods are installed, maybe there is an XL MTW directory that does have your savegames. Check your XL MTW shortcut properties to see what directory it is running from, this should point you in the right direction.

Welcome to the Org, rrjstudi!
    Thank you! I triple checked and I can't find any save game files and I have no idea why, there is no second directory to the main game and there is no sign of the save files in that directory and I'm at a loss to why, would there be a file name I could search for? They must exist or the save files in game wouldn't exist

The campaign saved games should all be in the ./SaveGames directory relative to the .exe. If you right-click on the desktop shortcut you use to start the XL mod, select Properties. The resulting window should have both a "Target" and a "Start In" line, look for a SaveGames directoty underneath either of these paths. Unless XL does more than I think it can do...
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

Quote Originally Posted by drone View Post
    The campaign saved games should all be in the ./SaveGames directory relative to the .exe. If you right-click on the desktop shortcut you use to start the XL mod, select Properties. The resulting window should have both a "Target" and a "Start In" line, look for a SaveGames directoty underneath either of these paths. Unless XL does more than I think it can do...
    The mod is attached to the core game itself and shares the same folders I use the original launcher to run the game

Not quite sure what is going on then. If all else fails, if you know the name of one of your saves, your could search your drive for "<name>.cpg" (or "*.cpg" for any of them).