Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Zimmerman not guilty.

The very model of a modern Moderator Xiahou's Avatar

Default Re: Zimmerman not guilty.

I don't understand what you're saying....
    Are you trying to claim that since Florida has CCW licenses, that Martin, or anyone, could have assumed Zimmerman was not only armed, but presented an imminent threat of great harm/death and preemptively shot him even if Zimmerman had not threatened him. Then you further think that a jury would buy that and let him off?

If so- that's a load of rubbish.
    If that's not what you're saying, please explain yourself better- because I don't see what you're getting at.

Please remember. Assault is a criminal act. Following someone around outside is not.
    Last edited by Xiahou; 07-25-2013 at 02:44.
    "Don't believe everything you read online."
    -Abraham Lincoln

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

The kid could have shot Zimmerman and his defence would have been that he thought he was being stalked and about to be mugged/raped/murdered.

Did the kid die instantly or was he defending himself from a stalker who drew a firearm?
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

The very model of a modern Moderator Xiahou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Papewaio View Post
    The kid could have shot Zimmerman and his defence would have been that he thought he was being stalked and about to be mugged/raped/murdered.
    And would a jury have thought that a reasonable assumption? Not likely. Martin would not have had a scratch on him, and the man he shot would have turned out to be the head of the neighborhood watch.

It was a stupid thing for Obama to say. And even more stupid considering he was a lawyer.... Then again, most of our politicians are lawyers and stupid- so I'll give him a pass on that part....

Did the kid die instantly or was he defending himself from a stalker who drew a firearm?
    Are you talking hypothetically here??
    Last edited by Xiahou; 07-25-2013 at 03:11.
    "Don't believe everything you read online."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

I also think we are forgetting the fact that the defense claimed Martin doubled back.

If you want the law to change, elect a representative to enact that change.

Or you could forget about your representative until the red ticker on CNN tells you something is popping off.
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Member thankful for this post:

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xiahou View Post
    I don't understand what you're saying....
    Are you trying to claim that since Florida has CCW licenses, that Martin, or anyone, could have assumed Zimmerman was not only armed, but presented an imminent threat of great harm/death and preemptively shot him even if Zimmerman had not threatened him. Then you further think that a jury would buy that and let him off?

If so- that's a load of rubbish.
    If that's not what you're saying, please explain yourself better- because I don't see what you're getting at.

Please remember. Assault is a criminal act. Following someone around outside is not.
    No - that's pretty much it.

Zimmerman looks like a fairly solid guy - it's dark - he's following me - this isn't a great neighborhood - people get attacked - this is Florida, so he could be armed, hell I'm armed.

So I'll shoot him before he shoots me - that's actually what I'd do in that situation - in a country where people carry concealed weapons and are allowed to shoot other people without even being arrested, I'd be pretty terrified if someone was following me.

The situation only tilts further in Martin's favour if he says he doubled back to remonstrate with Zimmerman and then Zimmerman became aggressive (which seems likely given that Martin felt the need to knock him down).

When the cops turn up I can say, "I was afraid he had a weapon", the cops search the body and low and behold he has a nasty little hold-out pistol without a safety catch.

How is that any less credible than Zimmerman's story?

After all - doesn't Zimmerman's defense rest of him being afraid for his life, against an unarmed man much lighter than him? Surely the same defense MUST be applicable before weapons are drawn, because otherwise it's functionally useless in a situation where both parties are armed.

Or we come back to Obama being right - Stand Your Ground is a charter for armed Civilians to shoot and kill unarmed Civilians if they throw a punch.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Philipvs Vallindervs Calicvla View Post
    Or we come back to Obama being right - Stand Your Ground is a charter for armed Civilians to shoot and kill unarmed Civilians if they throw a punch.
    Punch a wrong guy and you might end up dead. Moral of the story: don't punch people.
    "And if the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war and not popularity seeking. If they want peace, they and their relatives must stop the war." - William Tecumseh Sherman

“The market, like the Lord, helps those who help themselves. But unlike the Lord, the market does not forgive those who know not what they do.” - Warren Buffett

Members thankful for this post (2):

Amphibious Trebuchet Salesman Member Whacker's Avatar

No - that's pretty much it.

Zimmerman looks like a fairly solid guy - it's dark - he's following me - this isn't a great neighborhood - people get attacked - this is Florida, so he could be armed, hell I'm armed.

So I'll shoot him before he shoots me - that's actually what I'd do in that situation - in a country where people carry concealed weapons and are allowed to shoot other people without even being arrested, I'd be pretty terrified if someone was following me.

The situation only tilts further in Martin's favour if he says he doubled back to remonstrate with Zimmerman and then Zimmerman became aggressive (which seems likely given that Martin felt the need to knock him down).

When the cops turn up I can say, "I was afraid he had a weapon", the cops search the body and low and behold he has a nasty little hold-out pistol without a safety catch.

How is that any less credible than Zimmerman's story?

After all - doesn't Zimmerman's defense rest of him being afraid for his life, against an unarmed man much lighter than him? Surely the same defense MUST be applicable before weapons are drawn, because otherwise it's functionally useless in a situation where both parties are armed.

Not sure if trolling or authentic...

"Justice is the firm and continuous desire to render to everyone
    that which is his due."
    - Justinian I

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rvg View Post
    Punch a wrong guy and you might end up dead. Moral of the story: don't punch people.
    And if Martin would have had a gun?

Would the moral then be, "don't follow people in the dark"?

It's an awesome​ way to order your society - fear.

Members thankful for this post (5):

Quote Originally Posted by Whacker View Post
    Not sure if trolling or authentic...
    If you live in a country like the UK America is pretty terrifying.

No healthcare and pretty much anybody could be carrying a gun - and there's a chance that if you raise your voice - someone will shoot you. Then, when you get shot and killed, nobody even gets arrested.

Sure, I'd have shot Zimmerman, he looks either dopey or shifty in all the photos, it's dark, bulky jacket, if I saw the harness I'd assume that guy was going to kill me.

That's a cultural thing though - in the UK we only use guns to kill people. So if you see someone carrying one and he's not a cop, he's probably going to kill you.

Given that Zimmerman used his gun to kill Martin, I feel somewhat justified in this view of firearms.

And if Martin would have had a gun?

Would the moral then be, "don't follow people in the dark"?

It's an awesome​ way to order your society - fear.
    Fear is something that is almost universally understood. Except by stupid people. Those get weeded out by the process. Simple, efficient, elegant.
    "And if the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war and not popularity seeking. If they want peace, they and their relatives must stop the war." - William Tecumseh Sherman

“The market, like the Lord, helps those who help themselves. But unlike the Lord, the market does not forgive those who know not what they do.” - Warren Buffett

I am going to ask everyone nicely. As I have said, this type of trial is only toxic for the public discourse. Since all has been said regarding the verdict this seems to now degenerate into another gun control argument with useless hypothetical's made about the Zimmerman/Martin interaction. Please just let this thing drop.

RIP Tosa, my trolling end now Senior Member Devastatin Dave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    The trick is to simply cut the meat into smaller pieces and then cook it until it's done, not black (which is what I'd call overcooked) but not raw anymore either. The smaller the pieces, the easier to do that. Noone forces you to to cook an entire animal in one piece, you cut or bite pieces off to eat it anyway.
    I beat my meat.

Good to see the same folks here battling it out in the same fashion as years past...

Martin jumped on the wrong "crazy ass cracker" and got himself killed before one of Obama's other "sons" got a chance to bust a cap in him. Its "Obama" culture, no point in trying to understand it. When "the Man" is now the Prezzy of the United States, the whole race baiting loses it flavor. St. Skittles and his borderline retarded girlfriend is the face of Obama-nation and is our future. There is not a god damn thing we can do to change our future.
    Obama was wrong in one aspect, he had said that Trayvon could have been him at that age. Nope, aside from the drug use, Obama's WHITE grandparents kept him away from "black" culture. If Obama had lived in South Side Chicago, East St Louis, Detroit, or some other tribal sh!t hole in this rotting country, he would have been pulling throat tricks for crack and probably wouldn't have made it to adulthood. Unfortunately, this didn't happen.

Have a good one everybody. Anthony Weiner, How long is your dong?
    Last edited by Devastatin Dave; 07-25-2013 at 09:36. Reason: for more awesomeness
    RIP Tosa

Members thankful for this post (3):

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Hello gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by Devastatin Dave View Post
    I beat my meat...
    Welcome back!!!

Sure, I'd have shot Zimmerman, he looks either dopey or shifty in all the photos, it's dark, bulky jacket, if I saw the harness I'd assume that guy was going to kill me.
    You mean he looks like a paedophile and Martin probably punched him back after he touched him somewhere inappropriate. The problem is that Zimmerman can simply omit that and get away with it now that he killed the only person who could tell us that.
    I mean looks like a paedophile, quacks like a paedophile, walks like a paedophile and follows a young boy around at night, the case is pretty much set for me.

It's just scary how easy it was for him to silence the only victim and then get away with his sexual assault.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    It's just scary how easy it was for him to silence the only victim and then get away with his sexual assault.
    Yeah, he even called a pedophile 911 operator to invite a few pedophile cops along for the party.

Quote Originally Posted by rvg View Post
    Yeah, he even called a pedophile 911 operator to invite a few pedophile cops along for the party.
    Yeah, sometimes these things permeate several layers of society.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Xiahou 

Quote Originally Posted by Devastatin Dave View Post
    I beat my meat.

Good to see the same folks here battling it out in the same fashion as years past...

Martin jumped on the wrong "crazy ass cracker" and got himself killed before one of Obama's other "sons" got a chance to bust a cap in him. Its "Obama" culture, no point in trying to understand it. When "the Man" is now the Prezzy of the United States, the whole race baiting loses it flavor. St. Skittles and his borderline retarded girlfriend is the face of Obama-nation and is our future. There is not a god damn thing we can do to change our future.
    Obama was wrong in one aspect, he had said that Trayvon could have been him at that age. Nope, aside from the drug use, Obama's WHITE grandparents kept him away from "black" culture. If Obama had lived in South Side Chicago, East St Louis, Detroit, or some other tribal sh!t hole in this rotting country, he would have been pulling throat tricks for crack and probably wouldn't have made it to adulthood. Unfortunately, this didn't happen.

Have a good one everybody. Anthony Weiner, How long is your dong?
    Obama said he could've had a son who looked like Martin.

Let's not overplay the hand, hillbily

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

RIP Tosa, my trolling end now Senior Member Devastatin Dave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Obama said he could've had a son who looked like Martin.

Let's not overplay the hand, hillbily
    No, in the latest Obama interference in this case, Obama said that Trayvon could have been him many years ago... you cow pie eating, long horn humpin', cowboy... Missed you buddy...
    RIP Tosa

Well he very well could have been. I think there is very little doubt Zimmerman profiled Martin. Now, that doesn't mean Martin can double back and instigate a fight but it does lend credence to the presidents words. The nebulous concept of "black frustration" has more to do with the profiling part.

Georgia sucks, Sherman should have finished the job

Members thankful for this post (2):

smell the glove Senior Member Major Robert Dump's Avatar

So, um, whats with the rescue of the family in the burning car? Seen a lot of news articles saying it was staged, but those come from the typical no-source left wing blogs that have zero credibility imo.
    Baby Quit Your Cryin' Put Your Clown Britches On!!!

I thought this was a surprisingly refreshing bit of commentary from the cesspool that is cable news.

Working in real estate, I can attest to the way blacks live. No other group of people we rent to are more uniformly destructive to the property and the environment in which they live. It is incredible how quickly they can completely destroy an apartment. And this isn't a geographic or socioeconomic issue either. We have property all across the country and have residents of all different ethnicity paying the same rent, and yet, you can count on rehabbing the entire interior of a unit versus a simple paint and carpet job when the residents are black.

It's a symptom of a culture of apathy that is destroying many of America's inner cities in the same manner on a macro level - a culture we are all too afraid to confront outside of internet anonymity, myself included.
    Last edited by PanzerJaeger; 08-05-2013 at 04:30.

ridiculously suspicious Member TheLastDays's Avatar

So you mean destrucivism is inherent to being black?
    I hear the voice of the watchmen!

New Mafia Game: Hunt for The Fox

Horse Archer Senior Member Sarmatian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDays View Post
    So you mean destrucivism is inherent to being black?
    I think he means it is a result of current black subculture.

ridiculously suspicious Member TheLastDays's Avatar

Well that of course depends on where in the world. Unfortunately I've never even been to the US so I can't really say anything about subcultures there.
    I hear the voice of the watchmen!

New Mafia Game: Hunt for The Fox

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

I hope nobody from the Org sent money to Zimmerman's legal defense fund. Looks like it's more of a slush pile.

Zimmerman Scammed Gun Nuts Out Of A Lot Of Money; Never Paid Attorneys

Zimmerman never paid his defense attorney? What happened to all of the money he raised for his “legal defense fund?” [...] If you visit Zimmerman’s Legal Defense fund web-site you can get a pretty good idea where the majority of the money was spent.

Zimmerman’s web page says that as of January 2, 2013, the “George Zimmerman Defense Fund” had raised a total of $314,099.07. That sounds like a lot of money. The web page goes on to give a not-at-all-detailed break-down of how the money was spent.

The first expense entered shows $95,000 for bail.

That money would have been returned following the not guilty verdict, however, which means this is no longer a valid expense. It also means the money should have been added back into the total at some point.

Next, we see that $61,747.54 was spent for 8 months of living expenses.

And that doesn’t include Zimmerman’s private security, which for 8 months cost an additional $56,100.00. [...]

Leaving that page, and moving to one titled “Moving Forward” which addresses how future donations will be spent, it gets even more interesting. The predicted future expenses include the Zimmerman’s living expenses and private security as the first two items on the page. A bit further down the page, under the heading “Case Related Expenses” it clearly says “Mr. O’Mara and Mr. West have not been paid for their services. Money has been used to pay rent on office space, for IT support, for staff dedicated to the case.”

So by his own admission Zimmerman did not use the Legal Defense Fund donations to pay his attorneys. He spent the majority of the money on living expenses for himself and his wife, who was just paid more than $4,000 for one months living expenses out of the defense fund money.

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

A bit of a tough career profile. 150k+ is middle/upper middle in the Orlando area and he did risk significant jail time for his "earnings."
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

If you live in a country like the UK America is pretty terrifying.

No healthcare and pretty much anybody could be carrying a gun - and there's a chance that if you raise your voice - someone will shoot you. Then, when you get shot and killed, nobody even gets arrested.
    That sounds like my two months trip to the US is going to be the most dangerous thing I've ever done XD

There is this Canadian video game speedrunner I watch who was invited to AGDQ in Washington DC and he is scared to even cross the border because he thinks he will be injured and have his life ruined by our healthcare system.

Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    There is this Canadian video game speedrunner I watch who was invited to AGDQ in Washington DC and he is scared to even cross the border because he thinks he will be injured and have his life ruined by our healthcare system.
    Yeah - pretty much.

It's like visiting a Third World country where the government is more likely to hurt you than protect you.

Remember the British professor who was mobbed by three-four NY Police Officers for Jay-Walking, then HE was dragged before a Judge?

In the UK that would have been thrown out for the nature of the arrest, and the cops would be up for disciplinary.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast