Thread: Adam was the first pope?

Default Adam was the first pope?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled.JPG 
Views:	325 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	10427

Boy, this game gets better and better. The pope offers his daughter in marriage (ahem, no doubt he was married and widowed before he became a priest), and the pope's name is pretty good too.

Princess Flora doesn't look too happy with the arrangement, either.

Well, obviously I said yes. He might have excommunicated me if I didn't.
    Last edited by Brandy Blue; 07-19-2013 at 08:53.
    In those simple times there was a great wonder and mystery in life. Man walked in fear and solemnity, with Heaven very close above his head, and Hell below his very feet. God's visible hand was everywhere, in the rainbow and the comet, in the thunder and the wind. The Devil too raged openly upon the earth; he skulked behind the hedge-rows in the gloaming; he laughed loudly in the night-time; he clawed the dying sinner, pounced on the unbaptized babe, and twisted the limbs of the epileptic. A foul fiend slunk ever by a man's side and whispered villainies in his ear, while above him there hovered an angel of grace . . .

Arthur Conan Doyle

Default Re: Adam was the first pope?

Lol why does it think Sicily is the papal states?

It's a combination of two age old bugs. I used to fix these as a matter of course, can't remember exactly how, perhaps search the forum or see if one of the active modders has a clue.

The first problem is the Sicilian christian names getting mixed up with the Scots ones. The second problem is a relic in one of the translation files which should have been removed (another one which appears is "of golden khanate" if I recall correctly. It's also quite easily fixed. (None of those labels are used anywhere else in the game except marriage proposals.)

Thanks for the advice, Asai, but I think this is better left unfixed. If I'm really lucky it might happen again.
    In those simple times there was a great wonder and mystery in life. Man walked in fear and solemnity, with Heaven very close above his head, and Hell below his very feet. God's visible hand was everywhere, in the rainbow and the comet, in the thunder and the wind. The Devil too raged openly upon the earth; he skulked behind the hedge-rows in the gloaming; he laughed loudly in the night-time; he clawed the dying sinner, pounced on the unbaptized babe, and twisted the limbs of the epileptic. A foul fiend slunk ever by a man's side and whispered villainies in his ear, while above him there hovered an angel of grace . . .

Arthur Conan Doyle

Quote Originally Posted by asai View Post
    The first problem is the Sicilian christian names getting mixed up with the Scots ones.
    This one I could never comprehend in a (pretty much) historic game. The annals say that the majority of Sicilian kings were either Normans or Germans. Can anyone unravel the mystery? Or is it a private secret of the TW creators?
    P.S. Welcome back, Asai! Stay tuned (at least mobilely).
    Quote Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
    The article exists for a reason yes, I did not write it...

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by asai View Post
    It's a combination of two age old bugs. I used to fix these as a matter of course, can't remember exactly how, perhaps search the forum or see if one of the active modders has a clue.
    Found it:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...-Sicilian-bugs

Good to hear from you again.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

At some point, the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies became Spanish but I don't know when - maybe later then the game time frame. I think bug is the key word. Also, I think the Norman ruling families were displaced by the start of the high period (something about that in the intro paragraphs of the high period.

Nice to see you drone and Gilrandir...

(I'm not posting mobilely, but for some reason that always appears when I use a proxy (from work) and my computer at home shows up the same).

The sicilian names is definitely a bug, I fixed it in my old mod about 6 years ago. It's a known problem, but I suppose most people live with it. It used to 'bug' me enough that I would fix it.

The marriage proposals thing can be fixed in certain loc file under a section called "clan districts". Just replace that section with the standard faction names and it should be resolved.
    Last edited by caravel; 07-21-2013 at 16:24.