Thread: 3-d Modeling

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 3-d Modeling

I have never done 3-D modeling before, so I decided two days ago to download Blender and give it a shot. I saw one shot tutorial that showed the basic controls, and then watched the first quarter of this: and decided that I wanted to try my hand before I watched more tutorials.
    After about 20 minutes I created this masterpiece. :P

Seriously though, I didn't think it was bad for a first try. :P
    I decided to make a human face though, so I picked Gina Carano to model it after, and after 3.5 hours of work, this is what I have so far.

I am actually shocked that it is this easy. I always thought 3-D modeling required some great talent or something to do even the most basic things. Don't get me wrong, I know that what I am making is far from perfect (it is a WIP FYI), but not bad for a first try at a human face. I thought it would take months of practice to be able to do that.
    I'll keep you updated with my progress.

EDIT: Update:
    Last edited by Vuk; 07-30-2013 at 03:33.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

Member thankful for this post:

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

Default Re: 3-d Modeling

I have been trying to do this. I guess I should watch tutorials before fooling around in Blender, as up to now, I basically gave up on all my attempts to make something. I do want to learn 3d modeling, but first I have to get a good sleep schedule(5:05 AM right now)
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

I don't know how to do anything but use the sculpt tools really. :P I don't know how to map a model with textures or anything like that. Just learning as I go.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

That's a beautiful Slenderman.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Looks kinda Geirerish.

Edit:'That's a beautiful Slenderman' Did you get all notes or are you, like me, a pussy
    Last edited by Fragony; 07-29-2013 at 11:47.

Not sure what you mean. Keep in mind that it is a WIP. I am gonna be working on it more tonight. It will probably take me a few nights to get the basic sculpt, then I will have to retopologize and add detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Edit:'That's a beautiful Slenderman' Did you get all notes or are you, like me, a pussy
    I forget how many notes there were, but I remember that I kept failing with one note left to grab. At that point, slenderman is faster than you so I didn't know how to cross the remaining distance to the last note without losing. I ended up looking up on Youtube what the ending was. I think you pretty much had to do the notes in a specific order to win, otherwise you are just too slow.