I am the death that makes your life seem good
    I am the pain that brings you close to God
    I am the prophet warning of the flood
    I am the answer you misunderstood

I am the answer that you misunderstand
    I do the evil that an honest man can't
    I live in shadows that the enemy casts
    I have no future and I have no past

The only thing even more out of place than the shiny black sedan parked atop a hill, a few miles out of a small mining town in the middle of nowhere, were it's two inhabitants, leaning against it's side as they looked towards the unimpressive congregation of wooden buildings all in the shadow of a not-so-mighty church tower. "So, this is the place?" the woman asked. She was dressed casually but had a pretty impressive gun strapped to her waist and her sunglasses made it impossible to see her eyes. Nodding the guy put down his binoculars and started to roll himself a cigarette on the car's roof. "This is the place alright. He's holed up in there somewhere."

The woman reched into her jacket and pulled out a photograph, holding it idly between her fingers for a moment, while looking towards the town. "It's a shame", the guy remarked, following her gaze, "He could have run into the wilderness somewhere. Now we'll have to kill all these people as well. This is his playing field, his specialty. He'll use the town for cover."

"But we know what he looks like", she waved the photograph at her partner. Another shrug from him: "And what does it help? You know we can't expose him to the others. We'll have to play this by his rules" he murmured, lighting his cigarette and inhaling deeply. She bit her lips, asking: "And what are these?"

He looked straight at her, throwing the barely smoked cigarette to the ground and extinguishing it with his foot, pausing for effect.

"The game's not over until everyone's dead."

Some might or might not remember my first game here on the .org where every player had some kind of power role and such. This will be a bit simpler rolewise, the majority of the roles will be plain townies but there'll be a bit more to it. It's a bit of an experimental, unconventional setup. The writeups will contain hints towards the setup but not towards the roles this time.

Rules:

• NO private communication whatsoever unless it happens in Quicktopics set up by me!
    • NO quoting or referencing your ROLE PMs, NO roleclaims!
    • No screenshots of any kind
    • The dead can only communicate about the game inside the game thread and over public knowledge!
    • There'll be a Quicktopic set up for the dead which they will receive the link to after dying. If you die and visit this Quicktopic I kindly ask you to refrain from contributing to the game discussion from that point on.
    • After death players will either show up guilty or innocent! Sometimes their names will come up too. There are no death millers or other misleading reveals upon death. Who shows up innocent was town and who shows up guilty was not town.

There will be a zero tolerance policy towards extreme lurking. Not registering a vote for two consecutive day phases will make you eligible for the WoG unless I get a PM beforehand, announcing why you'll have to be inactive. Mafia will not be spared the WoG.

Voting Procedure:
    You may abstain but "No Lynch" is not an option
    vote: user for a vote
    unvote for an abstain after voting
    unvote, vote: user for a change of votes
    Ties will be resolved by a single tiebreaker vote. The first vote after the deadline counts.

All rounds will last for approx. 24 hours and will end at 11:00 PM CET which should translate to 5:00 PM US Eastern if I’m not mistaken. Voting will end at that point and votes after the deadline will not be counted, even if the writeup comes a bit later

I'm willing to talk about the deadline if it's too early for you US guys. Just say something

Thanks to:
    • Pizza, for taking a look at some of my questions and making som balance and rule suggestions.

I'm ready to go, so please sign up, we will begin as soon as Signups are full!

Signups (16/17):

1. edse
    2. Ishmael
    3. Riedquat
    4. Montmorency
    5. Darth Feather
    6. autolycus
    7. Nightbringer
    8. Visorslash
    9. Gaius Scribonius Curio
    10. rickinator9
    11. dcmort93
    12. CountArach
    13. Jarema
    14. El Barto
    15. Makrell
    16. The Outsider
    17. Chaotix
    Last edited by TheLastDays; 08-01-2013 at 22:48.
    I hear the voice of the watchmen!

New Mafia Game: Hunt for The Fox

Default Re: Hunt for The Fox

Finst

I recall having a lot of fun in your last game, so I'm definitely in.

Uh! Third in!
    returning to the shadows.....

OK.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Dark Lord of Sith Member Big Bird Hunting Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Fun Surfing Champion Darth Feather's Avatar

When is this planned to end?
    Nathaniël of the mouse guard

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain" - Robert Jordan

The writer of above message is not responsible for any mistakes in the reasoning of said message.

ridiculously suspicious Member TheLastDays's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Feather View Post
    When is this planned to end?
    I'm not sure, it could end pretty quickly. But I guess we'll be done around the middle of August.

Dark Lord of Sith Member Big Bird Hunting Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Fun Surfing Champion Darth Feather's Avatar

Then In untill the fifteenth of august (I will depart on holliday then )
    Nathaniël of the mouse guard

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain" - Robert Jordan

The writer of above message is not responsible for any mistakes in the reasoning of said message.

Let's just hope you're dead by then

Default Re: Hunt for The Fox [SIGN-UPS]

I hope this warrants a double post but I wanted to make clear that I edited the OP with chances in the rules and the information. Also I updated it to show that I am pretty much ready to go so as soon as signups are full we can begin!

Intense!
    My game on Civfanatics could use a few more!: MNOTW XVII: The Cursed Blade!

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Its beIN a while, but why not.
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

In.

Tribunus Plebis Member Gaius Scribonius Curio's Avatar

In...
    Nihil nobis metuendum est, praeter metum ipsum. - Caesar
    We have not to fear anything, except fear itself.

Ibant obscuri sola sub nocte per umbram
    perque domos Ditis vacuas et inania regna:
    quale per incertam lunam sub luce maligna
    est iter in silvis, ubi caelum condidit umbra
    Iuppiter, et rebus nox abstulit atra colorem.
    - Vergil

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

In.
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

It has been a while since I've been on the org. In​ I think

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

And with this one word I announce my return to the Gameroom:

In.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Put me down as a reserve/replacement in case you don't get the full number.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Senior Member Senior Member Jarema's Avatar

I'm in

Alright, thanks for the interest so far

I have edited the OP again with a few rule clarifications. Also thanks to Pizza for a few suggestions towards the setup As stated before, I am now fully ready to go and if the signup sheet is full by tonight we will begin tonight at 11:00 PM CET (GMT+1)

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

El Barto is in.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

I am so in

Assassins Guild Member The Outsider's Avatar

Im drinking at the INN so count me in :D

I might go ahead and promote Chaotix to active player so I can start tonight since one player already said he only has til the middle of August... any objections ^^

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Yes, I object to the musical autoplay, so with another five posts it'll get buried in page 1.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Just removed the autoplay, just for you

Alright, Role PMs are all sent out and the first post will be up shortly, beginning the game

Hunt for The Fox

The face in the mirror was clearly recognizable as the one the woman had been looking at in a photograph outside of town. Only the stubbles of a beard and a few bruises made it look slightly different and much older. A deep sigh escaped the man's lips as he turned around, looking at the body on the ground: "So, you are the first", he smiled and stepped over the corpse around which a growing pool of blood was forming, "the first of many more". His eyes betrayed his smile though. He had gotten tired of this and this situation here should be the last like it.

His enemies though would be fools to underestimate him because of this. He was The Fox! He knew no regrets, no limits and no surrender. He would play this game and force his rules upon them. Yes, the body would soon be discovered and he had heard about this town's traditional way of dealing with such crimes. His lips were transforming into a smile again as he opened the small shack's door and stepped out into the cool air of the early morning. He was ready.

Only a little while later the bells were ringing, calling the community to the town square, if you could call it that. It was just a tiny square, the church on one side and the mining administration's office on the other. Townspeople were gathering around and the air was tense. Some had already heard that a body had been found and were eager to share the news. Others, who had been here for a long time already, knew what this meant and were not as excited.

"Listen up!", finally the mayor, Bill, spoked up and after a few more shouts the crowd's noise began to ebb down. "There was a murder tonight and those of you who are still fairly new have surely already been briefed by the others as to how we deal with such things." He looked around, some faces staring back at him in confusion. "Well I guess, I can explain it again." Now he started walking back and forth in the small circle that had formed in the middle of the crowd.

"There's too much turnaround to know everyone here for sure. We have no police or any such organisation. We don't need any. If there is a crime, we, the people, find the culprit and deal with him. We are judge and jury, alright?" A few of men nodded in agreement, some older people looked down into the mud, almost ashamed as if they remembered past guilt. "We will bring forth names that we find suspicious and we will vote on them. Everyday the winner", he emphasised this word, "will be put to death, until we have found all those that are guilty of this crime."

"Does everybody understand?"
    He looked around, most of them nodding, some of them shocked but clearly understanding of his message. "Then get to work, begin to vote!"

It is now DAY 1!

Voting closes tomorrow, Friday, 12 P.M. CET / 6 P.M. US Eastern. Votes after the deadline will not be counted, unless there is a tie. If there's a tie the first vote to break it after the deadline decides. Since this is the first day if too many people don't read their PMs early enough to realize the game has started and to make contributions I might extend the phase but for now the deadline stands.

Alive:
    edse
    Ishmael
    Riedquat
    Montmorency
    Darth Feather
    autolycus
    Nightbringer
    Visorslash
    Gaius Scribonius Curio
    rickinator9
    dcmort93
    CountArach
    Jarema
    El Barto
    Makrell
    The Outsider
    Chaotix

Arbitrary Vote: The Outsider. He's clearly not one of us!!
    My game on Civfanatics could use a few more!: MNOTW XVII: The Cursed Blade!

Vote: edse
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

vote: edse, for stealing my rightful place at the top of the players list.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast