Thread: Forgive me Strike for I have sinned.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Forgive me Strike for I have sinned.

I have been working out for a while now, and it wasn't until today that I realized that none of the lifting exercises I was doing worked my shoulders.

My deltoids are going to get jealous of my biceps and triceps.

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Default Re: Forgive me Strike for I have sinned.

Well what exercises are you doing?

Also, with shoulder exercises do not think that going low (in terms of range of movement) will help. If you do that, it starts to involve your chest and then you are using that to boost the weights back up thus taking the strain off your shoulders.
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

Just do squats forever; biceps are a joke.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

It takes some time, your musles are first to aquire natural buildbup. That goes really fast but there's a cap

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatinous Cube View Post
    My biceps are tiny, but my triceps are monstrous. Pushups, man. Pushups!
    I'm the exact opposite - big biceps small triceps. Funnily enough I think you may be right about pushups. I used to do conventional 3-day bench/deadlift/squat when I was at my peak, and my chest and triceps always lagged a fair bit.

Since then I've lost weight and stopped eating tons and even lifting for a while because of a couple of health problems, but since I started doing some upper-body stuff again, I've noticed that doing pushups makes my chest and triceps pump up a lot, certainly in a way the bench press never did. I do diamond pushups as well as regular ones though.

If you want to do cardio you can do it in addition to weightlifting, just make sure you get enough calories to grow. When it comes to lifting weights lift heavy (as in, no more than 12 reps per set), otherwise you won't put on size. Compare a sprinter with a marathon runner.

Seriously, weights are for chumps. It's the movement that's key, the weight just reduces the number of movements necessary.

Low weight high rep anything is, in my opinion, better than the opposite.
    Exactly. Do the movement right, and you might well use a 5-lbs weight. Bodybuilder types...

Just do squats, and exercises for the lower back and abdomen on that, uh, thing:

You know, the cylinder you bend over, subsequently lifting your legs or trunk up under their own power. I suppose you could even do it on a kitchen desk if you don't mind discomfort.

While, beyond that, it's a good idea to keep your shoulders fit, the upper back and arms get what they need from your normal daily activities, pretty much. Bulging biceps or pecs do little for your overall health.

Health is in the muscles of the thighs, abdomen, and lower back. This is the Soviet way.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Member thankful for this post: