Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bruce Willis fired!

Default Bruce Willis fired!

Bruce Willis has been removed from the Expendables 3 cast and Harrison Ford has replaced him!
    linky
    This news is beyond awesome. I have always despised that hack Bruce Willis.
    In less good news, Ronda "white-trash" Rousey will be playing in the Expendables as well. You can't win 'em all I guess.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

Member thankful for this post:

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Default Re: Bruce Willis fired!

Lol at Stallone ripping on Willis for a shoddy career. Willis didnt exactly have a major role in the series so its not like he will be sorely missed.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Nice to hear Harrison Ford is in. Now they just need to get Clint Eastwood and Sean Connery
    Sad about Bruce Willis though. Cameo or not, I enjoyed his bits in the movie.

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar

Why is Bruce Willis a hack?

He is the best actor in the cast, by far.

I'll look at it this way: I never liked the Expendables films, so hopefully this will give him time to work on a movie that's actually worth watching.

Members thankful for this post (3):

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

I just looked at Willis' IMDB page. If that's what a "career failure" looks like, I'm in the wrong business. Die Hard, Last Boy Scout, Last Man Standing, Pulp Fiction, Twelve Monkeys, Fifth Element, Sixth Sense, Tears of the Sun, Sin City. Whatever Sly, go back to taking your 'roids.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Members thankful for this post (6):

Bruce Willis may have played in more movies than Stallone, but Stallone played in both bigger and better movies. And I have to disagree entirely about Willis being the best actor in Expendables. He was easily the worst. Even the supporting actors were better than him. He also is just not a tough guy. There is nothing intimidating about him. The dude's face looks like a certain pink part of a woman's anatomy!
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
    Bruce Willis may have played in more movies than Stallone, but Stallone played in both bigger and better movies.
    Bigger? Maybe. Better? I dont think so.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Bruce Willis may have played in more movies than Stallone, but Stallone played in both bigger and better movies.
    Nothing to do with number of movies, he's just been in more decent ones than Stallone. Stallone has been a parody of himself for decades, which is a shame because he actually does know how to act. Cop Land is probably that last movie he made that I would rewatch, and that's probably because Keitel, De Niro, and Liotta were in it. His biggest problem is not acting, it's writing for movies he is going to act in. Pretty much every movie after First Blood that he has both written and acted in were just bad. Maybe his ego gets in the way.
    And I have to disagree entirely about Willis being the best actor in Expendables. He was easily the worst. Even the supporting actors were better than him.
    I'm pretty sure he was mailing it in, so no surprise there.
    He also is just not a tough guy. There is nothing intimidating about him.
    That's actually his usual style. In straight action movies, he generally plays characters who are underestimated.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar

And I have to disagree entirely about Willis being the best actor in Expendables. He was easily the worst.
    Willis had like what, 4 minutes of screentime in The Expendables?

He's not an action actor in the sense that Stallone or Arnie are. Even in his more action-focused films, he's usually just a regular guy who gets stuck between a rock and a hard place. Can you imagine Stallone or Arnie taking his place in a movie like Sixth Sense or Twelve Monkeys? I could, but I don't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    Bigger? Maybe. Better? I dont think so.
    First Blood, the last Rambo movie, the first, fourth, and last Rocky movies; all of them were better than anything that Bruce Willis starred in.

Quote Originally Posted by drone View Post
    Nothing to do with number of movies, he's just been in more decent ones than Stallone. Stallone has been a parody of himself for decades, which is a shame because he actually does know how to act. Cop Land is probably that last movie he made that I would rewatch, and that's probably because Keitel, De Niro, and Liotta were in it. His biggest problem is not acting, it's writing for movies he is going to act in. Pretty much every movie after First Blood that he has both written and acted in were just bad. Maybe his ego gets in the way.

I'm pretty sure he was mailing it in, so no surprise there.

That's actually his usual style. In straight action movies, he generally plays characters who are underestimated.
    I loved Cop Land too, but I also loved a lot of the ones after it. Bullet to the Head was decent, the last Rambo, the last Rocky, and the first Expendables were all excellent in my opinion. I think the last Rocky and Rambo were better than any of the ones that came before.

And as far as Brouche Willis goes, the reason I dislike him so much is not because he doesn't come across as a tough guy. It is because he is not tough and tries to act it. It is because he oozes a schmucky personality. It is because he cannot act, etc.

ridiculously suspicious Member TheLastDays's Avatar

Bloody hell we're sure throwing around a lot of absolutes for an area that is full of personal taste and opinion...
    I hear the voice of the watchmen!

New Mafia Game: Hunt for The Fox

Ok so Im done with this conversation because everyone, especially Vuk, seems to be pretty firm in their opinions and no amount of proof or opposition on either side will change anything, so, yeah, Im out of here.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDays View Post
    Bloody hell we're sure throwing around a lot of absolutes for an area that is full of personal taste and opinion...
    You gave your opinion and I gave mine. Last I remember neither of us said "Oh, and I am God so these opinions I am stating are fact.", so I fail to get your point.

ridiculously suspicious Member TheLastDays's Avatar

You gave your opinion and I gave mine. Last I remember neither of us said "Oh, and I am God so these opinions I am stating are fact.", so I fail to get your point.
    Relax man, I haven't given any opinion so far. The post you quoted was my first post in this thread and it was simply an outsider's observation...
    I hear the voice of the watchmen!

New Mafia Game: Hunt for The Fox

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Rocky I is the only Stallone movie I would consider great.
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralizec View Post
    I'll look at it this way: I never liked the Expendables films
    Lets face it the Expendables films were complete and utter tosh...

An old guy at my wife's workplace said "I'll get you some good films" the expendables was one of them. Obviously it was a pirate copy, but when a shadowy figure got up and walked across the movie, probably to get some more pop corn and a fanta, I realised just how pirate it was... or maybe that guy realised what he had gotten himself into and left for good, I couldn't be sure if he came back as I was probably distracted by Stallone hobbling along with his bloated torso and stick legs.

The myth that the second one was better than the first bemuses me, as both were crap, but at least the first one had some kind of a plot (ok it didn't but at least it was "plot like"...).

The first one also had Terry Crews and that insane automatic shotgun thing...
    Quote Originally Posted by rajpoot View Post
    Nice to hear Harrison Ford is in. Now they just need to get Clint Eastwood and Sean Connery
    It would seem that so long as they're eligible for a state pension they're automatically in...

It seems like a cynical publicity stunt for the upcoming film.

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Asai, certainly in my opinion the second was much better than the first. I actually enjoyed it and the reason was that, where the first one attempted to have a plot and be a more serious film the second one didn't even bother. It knew that everyone just wanted to see the roid-addled action heroes of yesteryear all in one movie together. It didn't try to pretend to be anything else and thus succeeded on its own merits.

And Willis > Stallone. Die Hard is the greatest action movie of all time.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Quote Originally Posted by asai View Post
    Lets face it the Expendables films were complete and utter tosh...

An old guy at my wife's workplace said "I'll get you some good films" the expendables was one of them. Obviously it was a pirate copy, but when a shadowy figure got up and walked across the movie, probably to get some more pop corn and a fanta, I realised just how pirate it was... or maybe that guy realised what he had gotten himself into and left for good, I couldn't be sure if he came back as I was probably distracted by Stallone hobbling along with his bloated torso and stick legs.

The myth that the second one was better than the first bemuses me, as both were crap, but at least the first one had some kind of a plot (ok it didn't but at least it was "plot like"...).

The first one also had Terry Crews and that insane automatic shotgun thing...

It would seem that so long as they're eligible for a state pension they're automatically in...

It seems like a cynical publicity stunt for the upcoming film.
    I think you are being too hard on the first Expendables. It had a good plot, overall very good acting, good characters, good action, etc. The second one though, I agree completely. The second one was just garbage.

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Die Hard, Rambo... its all good.
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

Members thankful for this post (2):

Stallone only knows how to act as if he is in pain. Willis actually has acting talent and it shows it in a lot more movies than Stallone.

The difference that confuses Vuk is that Stallone is happy to be the idiotic muscle man for every movie, while Willis does not enjoy the typecast. When he is in something different or odd, Willis shows to hold his own easily. He sleeps through every generic muscle man role because he is probably tired of it.

Go watch Willis in Planet Terror or Moonrise Kingdom and then go watch him in Expendables and the latest Die Hard. There is a big difference in my opinion.

I agree that Stallone is a bit of a character actor, but that is not a bad thing (most of my favorite actors have been character actors). He also though is a fairly good legitimate actor.
    Also, he doesn't have much choice playing muscly characters, as that is just his body. It wouldn't make much sense for him to struggle to lose most of his muscle for one movie. (and it probably wouldn't be healthy)
    As far as him playing idiots, I am not sure where you get that from. The only time he played a character that could be described as idiotic was in Oscar, and that was a comedy.
    Most times he plays very intelligent characters who are also ripped.

I think you give Willis too much credit as an actor, but I won't argue that as it would be futile. The thing I mainly dislike about Willis is not even that he is a bad actor. It is that his schmucky, catty, almost feminine personality always seeps through.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

I think both deserve more credit than they are getting, both have shown that they can do serious roles as well. Other get way too much credit, let's take Sean Connery, very respected but he can only play one character. Bruce Willis and Stalone are both a bit too icionic for their own good, Die Hard, Rambo
    Last edited by Fragony; 08-10-2013 at 08:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralizec View Post
    Why is Bruce Willis a hack?

He is the best actor in the cast, by far.
    ^^this
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Other get way too much credit, let's take Sean Connery, very respected but he can only play one character.
    Julia Ormond sums it up perfectly.

He hit it big because of the James Bond movies and then managed to remain successful. Even his relatively recent movies like The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, which would have been a terrible bore, was fun because he was in it with his Scottish accent.

I think you are being too hard on the first Expendables. It had a good plot, overall very good acting, good characters, good action, etc. The second one though, I agree completely. The second one was just garbage.
    Not at all... it had no plot, it had something like a plot... it did not have very good acting. Even Jason Statham who usually isn't that bad, put in a wooden performance... The fight scenes/action sequences in the first film were quite good however as was much of the choreography (though most of the skill in this department was in hiding how past it Stallone really is). Yes the second one was utter "garbage" (sorry CA).
    Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    Stallone only knows how to act as if he is in pain. Willis actually has acting talent and it shows it in a lot more movies than Stallone.
    There's simply no doubt that Willis is the better actor, but he's not a great actor.

With Stallone, it was the first Rambo (First Blood) and Rocky, everything since has been crap.

I don't think either of the Expendables movies has been about acting or dialogue or story. They're about over the top action with the best action heroes and tough guys Hollywood has seen. I watched Expendables 2 to see Stallone, Willis and Schwarzenegger on the same screen shooting mooks together, and the movie delivered. Chuck Norris was thrown in as a bonus. The movie does not take itself seriously and I hope the third one doesn't either. I also hope eventually they manage to rope in Eastwood (slight though the chances are) and they actually use the Good the Bad and the Ugly theme while he makes his entry.

Quote Originally Posted by rajpoot View Post
    I also hope eventually they manage to rope in Eastwood (slight though the chances are) and they actually use the Good the Bad and the Ugly theme while he makes his entry.
    No...

One of my favourite film franchises and music scores - doesn't need murdering... in the name of getting "action heroes and tough guys" on the screen all at once...

Quote Originally Posted by asai View Post
    No...

One of my favourite film franchises and music scores - doesn't need murdering... in the name of getting "action heroes and tough guys" on the screen all at once...
    Mine too.
    Aaaand it'll be fun seeing him kick their while asking them to go ahead and make his day.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

I can't stress enough what a difference this makes when discussing action-icons. Yes, Steven Seagal runs like a girl indeed http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nkskuSXqUD0

smell the glove Senior Member Major Robert Dump's Avatar

Bruce Willis getting fired from that trash of a series must be a lot like finding out that you don't have AIDS.

Willis has done more good stuff than Stallone, to include non action roles and television. The one with Paul Newman springs to mind, you know, where Melanie Griffith showed her boobs. The most serious role Stallone ever played was the deaf tard in Copland.

Plus, Willis never did a movie about Arm Wrestling
    Baby Quit Your Cryin' Put Your Clown Britches On!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast