Thread: Ps3 vs ps4?

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Default Ps3 vs ps4?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ying-this-year

I kinda agree with this guy. I am not sure if I am tired of the ps3 just yet as things have never been better on it. After having it just after launch it's now finally broken. The ps4 isn't all that much of a proposition when you think of it, the current gen has such an amazing library of games that I haven't played yet. The spybox is out of the question, period. Ps4 looks REALLY good on paper but what am I supposed to play on it. These ps3 slims are really sexy and will probably cater me for years to come. So I also think I am not really interested in buying a next-gen console to replace my big black beast at the moment, and just get a new ps3

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Default Re: Ps3 vs ps4?

I 100% agree, my PS3 has years of life in it and when the PS4 games come out the older ones will get a nice price drop.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

The very model of a modern Moderator Xiahou's Avatar

IF I was going to get a new console, it'd be the WiiU. But, I have no plans to get one.

An HD version of the Wii with the touchscreen at least piques my interest. I see no reason at all to get the new Xbox or PS4.
    "Don't believe everything you read online."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Getting this thing http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouya I got a 3DS for nintendo stuff. Best of both worlds.
    Last edited by Fragony; 08-13-2013 at 17:22.

Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

I own one console, a PS3, because I won it in a daily drawing held during xmas like 4 years ago. A bit amusing given what I was buying from them was PC Games, and what showed up was the games, a PS3 and oddly enough, a really good Saitek keyboard.

Anyway, I did ultimately find a use for the PS3 playing MLB The Show and streaming netflix, but initially, it sat around collecting dust, not much of a fan of controllers as interface choice.

No, not buying a PS4, not even thinking about it.

Screw both Microsoft and Sony, I am going to buy a Wii-U. There are many reasons but playing Zelda:the Windwaker without that headache inducing blur does it. Nintendo is always kinda slow at a launch but these oddballs always deliver eventually. I don't need graphics that are better than what the Wii-U can do

This running on a ps3 at 60 fps, you have got to be kidding me

http://www.gamespot.com/features/doe...=Topslot;Slot1

Probably not in 1080p though. The screenshots are relatively small so everything looks sharp. Gran Tourismo is one of the best-looking PS3 games IMO because it offers the somewhat higher resolution.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu