Thread: Trade Route Map

Senior Member Senior Member Barkhorn1x's Avatar

Default Trade Route Map

OK, slow day...so...

This:
    Hiya guys,
    As you know, the Roman era wasn’t just a time of war and conquest: it was also a time of exploration, discovery, alliance, and of course, trade. This map depicts every trade route and hub in ROME II’s vastly detailed campaign map. Which faction will you play as? Start planning your trade empire now!
    http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_ROME:_Trade_Routes

...and this - a CA update on ramming:
    Hey guys, I just wanted to drop in and clear something up regarding ramming.

I've seen some concerns about the lack of impact in some scenarios seen in the naval warfare video; collisions between ships are divided into either being a ramming action or a boarding action. Boarding actions do not result in any large visual impact, whereas ramming will produce wood splinters, hull damage and rocking and tilting of the impacted ship. What was shown in the video was a boarding action, and that's why you didn't see those elements. It's a gameplay distinction that's been made to provide quick information to the player as to what action has been performed, between two scenarios which might otherwise initially look similar.

I hope this clears things up a little.

Dave
    'cause I'm a giver!
    Last edited by Lemur; 08-21-2013 at 18:02. Reason: Added image for easy reference.
    "Après moi le déluge"

Members thankful for this post (6):

Default Re: Trade Route Map

Do we have any details about how trade would work? I assume it must be somewhat different from the old trade agreement system. It would be nice to have a trade system that wasn't completely state-controlled, because trade since MTW has been a flimsy tack-on to the diplomacy system. I would recommend looking at the EU4 trade system: deep, intuitive, and offers a genuinely different way of approaching the game.

This map Have Wrong In Persian Gulf And Danmark
    I Hope Ca Correct This...
    Even After All This Time The Sun Never Says To The Earth, "You Owe Me."
    Look What Happens With A Love Like That, It Lights The Whole Sky.

Haffiz , Iranian Famous Poet

Senior Member Senior Member ReluctantSamurai's Avatar

I would recommend looking at the EU4 trade system: deep, intuitive, and offers a genuinely different way of approaching the game.
    Agree with this. Also, a system akin to that of GalCiv2 where you can trade technology as well as goods. Trade has historically been a big part of diplomacy and this aspect is also a feature of GalCiv2 trade design. A major trading partner is much more likely to become an ally than a minor one or a faction with whom you do not trade at all with. You also have the right to impose a trade embargo even if you are not officially at war with a particular faction. Trade routes in RTW are based on a 'daisy-chain' system, so an interruption of a single port or trade node can cause problems for those "downstream".
    High Plains Drifter

Quote Originally Posted by ReluctantSamurai View Post
    Agree with this. Also, a system akin to that of GalCiv2 where you can trade technology as well as goods. Trade has historically been a big part of diplomacy and this aspect is also a feature of GalCiv2 trade design. A major trading partner is much more likely to become an ally than a minor one or a faction with whom you do not trade at all with. You also have the right to impose a trade embargo even if you are not officially at war with a particular faction. Trade routes in RTW are based on a 'daisy-chain' system, so an interruption of a single port or trade node can cause problems for those "downstream".
    Ah, yes. This reminds me of trade in the new Civ 5 expansion. Research points and culture flow along trade routes, which would make a lot of sense in a Roman setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Farid View Post
    That map shows all the settlements in the game you know right? They're not moving at this point. Besides all of them are more or less accurate.
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

Quote Originally Posted by Farid View Post
    I doubt it'll be changed, need some modders to the rescue :D
    | BUILD YOUR OWN PC FOR ROME 2 | ROME 2 RESEARCH SOCIETY | ROME 2 BENCHMARKING |
    | ROME 2 TOTAL WAR UNOFFICIAL WEBSITE |
    TJ08-E GAMING RIG
    Intel i5 4670K (4.4Ghz @ 1.215v); ASUS Z87 Gryphon; 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro; GTX 780; Corsair AX760i; Noctua NH-U12S; Samsung 840 250GB; WD Black 1TB; Windows 8