Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Oct 2013- Resident Evil 2 Pregame discussion

Default Re: Oct 2013- Resident Evil 2 Pregame discussion

Title defence time.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

And what will be the title of your defence?
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

"She told me she was 18"

ridiculously suspicious Member TheLastDays's Avatar

"I know the Justin Bieber posters should have given it away"
    I hear the voice of the watchmen!

New Mafia Game: Hunt for The Fox

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

WHAT is a Justinbieber?

It sounds like some kind of fancy toilet.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 10-04-2013 at 11:50.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It is one of those things.

Hint: It's not the first one.

VIP LIST

1. Makrell- APPROVED
    2. Zack- APPROVED
    3. BSMith- APPROVED
    4. Tiaexz- APPROVED
    5. Ironside- APPROVED
    6. Jarema- APPROVED
    7. Darth Feather- APPROVED
    8. Ferret- APPROVED
    9. Ishmael- APPROVED
    10. Choxorn- APPROVED
    11. Autolycus- APPROVED
    12. EL BARTO- APPROVED
    13. Gaius Scribonius Curio- APPROVED
    14. issaikhaan- APPROVED
    15. White_Eyes:D - APPROVED
    16. TheLastDays- APPROVED
    17. Double A- APPROVED
    18. Montmorency- APPROVED
    19. johnhughthom- APPROVED
    20. Backwards Logic- APPROVED
    21. Jolt- APPROVED
    22. Seon- APPROVED
    23. UncleDynamite- APPROVED
    24. Visorslash- APPROVED
    25. Frozen in ice- APPROVED
    26. Stuck in Pi- APPROVED
    27. Stildawn- APPROVED
    28. Andres- APPROVED
    29. Naut (formerly Psychonaut)- APPROVED
    30. AntiDamascus- APPROVED
    31. Winston Highes- APPROVED
    32. Ibn-Khaldun- APPROVED
    33. gnarlycharlie- APPROVED
    34. Jrodd- GOAT
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 10-06-2013 at 18:19.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

17 spots remain, and I believe I have a few nibbles. We're probably going to be at 37 very shortly.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Hey, taking one of those spots. My high post count on here means i'm the GOAT obv :P

Member thankful for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jrodd View Post
    Hey, taking one of those spots. My high post count on here means i'm the GOAT obv :P
    GOAT because you took my advice and switched to The Guild forum skin, not the default/Shogun skin.

SHOGUN SKIN SUCKS! The Guild has always been the superior skin!

Gosh that sounds like hidden racism, but it's not! These are the facts: The Guild >>>>> TWS2
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I agree.. The Guild is better than any other skin!

Member thankful for this post:

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Indeed, The Guild is an excellent series to watch. And a forum skin as well.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.

Morbid is the best. The Guild looks like poop, figuratively and literally.

Well you should know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrodd View Post
    You're from 2p2?

He is from 2+2. Personally invited by me, so you know he's gotta be decent.

UncleDynamite is also from 2+2 with a personal invite. Candidates from 2+2 were vetted thoroughly before being invited to play.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    He is from 2+2. Personally invited by me, so you know he's gotta be decent.

UncleDynamite is also from 2+2 with a personal invite. Candidates from 2+2 were vetted thoroughly before being invited to play.
    Just curious as to who he is. I don't remember a jrodd, hence the question.

Semi-Corruptible Member White_eyes:D's Avatar

Default Re: October 2013- Resident Evil Dark Falls RETURNS

I realize that I should have asked these earlier...but I have two questions about the game balance.

One is, if there well be scanners like in the first game. If so, that is kinda hacks because I recall joining a group that had one last game and if I had not turned near the end, all of us in that group would have escaped without incident.(No epic Wishazu ownage at the end if there wasn't though...)

The second is, if anything like one player being unfortunately picked out like GH was for a rather unwelcome fate.

Edit: For point one what I mean is that it was easy to gain trust with it...you could tell if someone was turning or had evil intentions.
    Last edited by White_eyes:D; 10-07-2013 at 17:28.

Master of useless knowledge Senior Member Kitten Shooting Champion, Eskiv Champion Ironside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by White_eyes:D View Post
    I realize that I should have asked these earlier...but I have two questions about the game balance.

One is, if there well be scanners like in the first game. If so, that is kinda hacks because I recall joining a group that had one last game and if I had not turned near the end, all of us in that group would have escaped without incident.(No epic Wishazu ownage at the end if there wasn't though...)

The second is, if anything like one player being unfortunately picked out like GH was for a rather unwelcome fate.

Edit: For point one what I mean is that it was easy to gain trust with it...you could tell if someone was turning or had evil intentions.
    If you had met us at the endgame alone you'd be suspicious anyway. Three heavily armoured "police officers" just strolling around. Meeting us midgame with a detective would be a death penalty (we had faked cover roles that the detective would eventually see through and we knew this). It works more as a conflict sparker than anything else. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it triggers an unwanted battle. We could identify Leon and Umbrella people on spot, Umbrella was objective, while Leon was a threat.
    I don't think anyone could always detect turning though, only if the person refused to turn at first. I do know that the surviving townie, that we had space to carry on the helicopter turned and ran away. Or was informed about being able to turn, ran away and turned.

The second is probably a secret, but something monstrous is returning. The plagas faction did well in the last game iirc, I think they came third, mostly after getting mauled by us. The queen in human form was quite weak iirc.
    We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled. But how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any particular time, or even all the time? Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?

Project PYRRHO, Specimen 46, Vat 7
    Activity Recorded M.Y. 2302.22467
    TERMINATION OF SPECIMEN ADVISED

Senior Member Senior Member Jarema's Avatar

I loved plagas idea when I was reading about last game. I want something similar here :)

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't, because they were scary as hell. Resident Evil isn't supposed to be scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironside View Post
    If you had met us at the endgame alone you'd be suspicious anyway. Three heavily armoured "police officers" just strolling around. Meeting us midgame with a detective would be a death penalty (we had faked cover roles that the detective would eventually see through and we knew this).
    You more then likely would have got most of your team killed then, this was the same team that killed the "PAIN Las Plagas" with no real difficulty(I ever flashed banged them). I had to lure one of their group out to kill him, and it took a horde of zombies on "feeding frenzy" mode to kill him.

Point is that the detective was one of the most well-protected townies to the end of the game...I ever stole some weapons off them and they still let me join their group because I could be scanned and was not outright scum. The other person I was with, they told to go away or die.

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    I don't, because they were scary as hell. Resident Evil isn't supposed to be scary.
    Milla Jovovich doesn't scare you?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    Milla Jovovich doesn't scare you?
    Eastern Europeanness takes precedence over really everything else.

Master of useless knowledge Senior Member Kitten Shooting Champion, Eskiv Champion Ironside's Avatar

You more then likely would have got most of your team killed then, this was the same team that killed the "PAIN Las Plagas" with no real difficulty(I ever flashed banged them). I had to lure one of their group out to kill him, and it took a horde of zombies on "feeding frenzy" mode to kill him.

Point is that the detective was one of the most well-protected townies to the end of the game...I ever stole some weapons off them and they still let me join their group because I could be scanned and was not outright scum. The other person I was with, they told to go away or die.
    We killed the queen in one round I think... And two plagas and then 3 tyrant spawn later on, even if we didn't get the killing blow on all. Now Leon did have massive damage output and could probably kill 1-2 of us in 2 rounds, if slighly lucky. And he was pretty much the only scary thing left. The odds for anyone against us to survive more than one round was minimal. We had total damage output of 26 and 10, 10, 8 in combat. Him in a tank was scary, but that alone wouldn't been enough, unless he got very lucky. When we killed the queen, we had 22 damage I think, we didn't have the minigun yet.

Let me put it this way, in the biggest people battle (I think there was a larger zombie horde at some point); 16 went in (to be fair 6 npc zombies), 4 went out. 3 of them were systech mercs.

I do have some of the old stat mails left. I was hardest to kill with 10 combat, 7 luck (I'm not sure if I had a vest, then it should be 9) and 7 vit. Wis (aka Leon) had a good sword and stats to boost it, so he did 2 attacks 5 damage and had 66% shot of a third attack. He had 7 in combat.
    So his average damage would be 10+5*0.66=13.3. My damage reduction would be 13.3*0.35 (chance to hit)*0.51 (luck)=2.37, so about 3 rounds to kill me.

Didn't FH maul the townie squad quite badly when transforming? And make Wis paranoid enough that he killed a townie?
    We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled. But how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any particular time, or even all the time? Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?

Vindicative son of a gun Member Jolt's Avatar
    Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

If you had met us at the endgame alone you'd be suspicious anyway. Three heavily armoured "police officers" just strolling around. Meeting us midgame with a detective would be a death penalty (we had faked cover roles that the detective would eventually see through and we knew this). It works more as a conflict sparker than anything else. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it triggers an unwanted battle. We could identify Leon and Umbrella people on spot, Umbrella was objective, while Leon was a threat.
    I don't think anyone could always detect turning though, only if the person refused to turn at first. I do know that the surviving townie, that we had space to carry on the helicopter turned and ran away. Or was informed about being able to turn, ran away and turned.

The second is probably a secret, but something monstrous is returning. The plagas faction did well in the last game iirc, I think they came third, mostly after getting mauled by us. The queen in human form was quite weak iirc.
    Well, when me and the doctor met your group, and you were also carrying a number of unaffiliated townies around with you, we (Me, the doctor and other two I can't remember who they were) knew that you weren't typical policemen, and we did briefly discuss attacking you (Mainly out of fear of a likely prospective betrayal) but we decided against it since you were going to give me the Metal Detector (Which I wasn't sure if it only worked for one person or for everyone) that I needed, and because we were badly armed and you were armed to the teeth, and once the 2/3 mini-tyrants came before the bridge crossing to the Military Base, most of my trusted group died, so I was forced to stick around to you and hope you'd give me the Metal Detector so I could make my escape close-by. Luckily, it all worked out fine, but with people dieing left and right, I wasn't too sure I was gonna make it.

Besides, I think the biggest battle in the game was with the big group vs El Gigante on the bridge. ATPG?
    BLARGH!

I do have some of the old stat mails left. I was hardest to kill with 10 combat, 7 luck (I'm not sure if I had a vest, then it should be 9) and 7 vit. Wis (aka Leon) had a good sword and stats to boost it, so he did 2 attacks 5 damage and had 66% shot of a third attack. He had 7 in combat.
    So his average damage would be 10+5*0.66=13.3. My damage reduction would be 13.3*0.35 (chance to hit)*0.51 (luck)=2.37, so about 3 rounds to kill me.
    It saddens me to see how much the other players didn't see how exploitable the "Speed" stat was...all it ever is is "Combat skill...all about the combat skill".

There is a very good reason why every players speed stat is now 10...I had a speed stat of 13 by last games end and unless someone had a sniper or something, I could just avoid them or if I had to fight them I had a ton of combat rounds to kill them in. A Combat of 10 with a speed of 1, would pretty much be a death sentence unless they were in a group. I could outrun the tank Wiz was in, but I made several mistakes which cost the Zombie horde badly...and Wiz crushed me badly for that.
    Last edited by White_eyes:D; 10-09-2013 at 06:00.

It saddens me to see how much the other players didn't see how exploitable the "Speed" stat was...all it ever is is "Combat skill...all about the combat skill".

There is a very good reason why every players speed stat is now 10...I had a speed stat of 13 by last games end and unless someone had a sniper or something, I could just avoid them or if I had to fight them I had a ton of combat rounds to kill them in. A Combat of 10 with a speed of 1, would pretty much be a death sentence unless they were in a group. I could outrun the tank Wiz was in, but I made several mistakes which cost the Zombie horde badly...and Wiz crushed me badly for that.
    I didn't know that the omega also was bumped to 13 in their primary stat? I knew the tyrants (queen spawn) was. Speed was good with a good melee weapon, decent combat and preferbly some strength on that, but speed was better at running away than anything else. Also remember that we started as a team and expected heavy combat.

I mean 13 combat vs 6 combat => 15% hit chance. Sure having 2 extra attacks/round is great, but you also need to hit with it. Compare 4 rounds with 15% hit chance vs 2 rounds with 85% hit chance. Or even better 10 combat 1 speed, vs 10 speed 1 combat. Even if the 10 speed guy get 10 attacks/round vs 1 attack, he'll lose.

Speed doesn't win out on a certain hit until combat 10 vs 8 with a 2 attacks/round melee weapon, even if potential burst damage is certainly higher.

Being able to pick your battles are great, but you still need to win when engaging. Luck was a pretty crazy stat though, that one I understand why it'll get locked. I think the tank gave 10 speed. I know that Wis had 7 in speed normally.
    Last edited by Ironside; 10-09-2013 at 09:33.

I mean 13 combat vs 6 combat => 15% hit chance. Sure having 2 extra attacks/round is great, but you also need to hit with it. Compare 4 rounds with 15% hit chance vs 2 rounds with 85% hit chance. Or even better 10 combat 1 speed, vs 10 speed 1 combat. Even if the 10 speed guy get 10 attacks/round vs 1 attack, he'll lose.
    The weapon I had pretty much guaranteed my victory against someone with 10 combat but 1 speed...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Army Rifle

Damage: 2 vitality point per combat round.
    Speed: 3 bullet per combat round.
    Reload: Can fire 30 rounds before reloading (useless during the next 15 minutes)

Removes 1 luck points from the target during a combat round, indicating greater accuracy and critical hits.

Sad part was, I gave it away before I "turned" to that group to gain there trust after stealing from them, that backfired big time. I also only had +1 added to my speed when I went Omega...I had 12 before from speed herbs...and a luck one as well. I still think everyone was crazy to fight El Gigante when almost everyone who did died...not to mention every SK/Zombie/Las Plagas knew they were there, like some giant hunk of meat hanging near the bridge...

Yeah...you can tell I favor running away and only fighting when given no choice.

The weapon I had pretty much guaranteed my victory against someone with 10 combat but 1 speed...

Sad part was, I gave it away before I "turned" to that group to gain there trust after stealing from them, that backfired big time. I also only had +1 added to my speed when I went Omega...I had 12 before from speed herbs...and a luck one as well. I still think everyone was crazy to fight El Gigante when almost everyone who did died...not to mention every SK/Zombie/Las Plagas knew they were there, like some giant hunk of meat hanging near the bridge...

Yeah...you can tell I favor running away and only fighting when given no choice.
    Impressive, I think you were the only human to get 12 in a stat.

iirc ranged weapons didn't get a speed bonus, only melee weapons. And that makes sense. So that's a 6 damage/round weapon, both for you and the 1 speed player. Now, there was a 3/2 melee weapon that you could turn into 3/4+whatever strength bonus you had (+1 and you had the highest damage potential for one player actually). Still, do you remember your combat rating? Really, 40% and below hit rating is horrible. It stops being reliable (if you ever played Battle for Wesnoth you really know that).

I don't remember what happened to the El Gigante surviviors though, me and CB joined up at the bridge and bypassed him on our way to the objective.

It depends on the role and stat determination on what I favour. I do tend stand and fight, but the role rules most. It is possible that I've would done a high speed char if I was a townie, but as a merc, with combat objectives+searching mission in a high danger area, high speed at loss of combat would've been a stupid idea.
    I was in 6 battles and never took damage.

Jolt, since I did reread your qt a bit, we did tell our stats exactly for scare effect (since we suspected that townies could be scared, thus stupid, but not suecidal), but I'm surprised you had Psycho(naut) at 8 and not a bluffed 10. Could someone scan stats or was it shown combat calculations or something that gave it? Wis pushed most for the battle, since he was the only one with an objective to take us out.

Rereading the game thread, there wasn't that many that attacked El Gigante, the biggest battle there was taking down a serial killer, that killed most (all?) opponents. That was a 5 man battle.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast