Town
    Umbrella
    SynTech
    Zombie Horde
    Serial Killer
    Unknown Faction 1
    Unknown Faction 2

These are the Factions for Resident Evil 2

Town- The survivors of the outbreak in Southgate, Montana. Although they were not transformed into zombies, something terrible did happen to them, and in order to escape from Southgate, they must complete certain mission objectives, and then, locate and gain access to the exits. They will be attacked by zombies and other hostile forces in the meanwhile. They have individual scores and a team score.

Individual score: Were you active, did you send in orders, did you continue playing as a zombie if you died, did you defeat other players or NPCs, did you find items, unlock doors, or complete mission objectives, did you free yourself, did you escape.

Team score: Mission objectives completed, number of survivors at end of game.

Umbrella- Operatives which have infiltrated SynTech systems in order to counter-strike them after the events of Dark Falls. Their primary objective is to obtain certain items, defeat SynTech operatives, and escape with their prize.

Individual score: Were you active, did you send in orders, did you continue playing as a zombie if you died, did you defeat other players or NPCs, did you find items, unlock doors, or complete mission objectives, did you escape.

Team score: Mission objectives completed, number of survivors at end of game, number of deceased SynTech operatives.

SynTech- Mystery surrounds their activities here in Southgate. What is known is that they are behind the development of a terrifying new breed of bio-weaponry, and are rivals of Umbrella Corp.

Individual score: Were you active, did you send in orders, did you continue playing as a zombie if you died, did you defeat other players or NPCs, did you find items, unlock doors, or complete mission objectives, did you escape.

Team score: Mission objectives completed, number of survivors at end of game, number of deceased Umbrella operatives.

Zombie Horde- Their objective is to cause the fewest number of total survivors and escapees possible.

Zombies will be scored individually, adding to their score from when they were alive. There will be a bonus given depending on the success of the zombie horde in completing its objective.

Serial Killer
    : There is only one mission: Kill anyone and everyone.

There is no team score. Each SK is scored individually.

Unknown Factions: These are meant to be surprises.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 09-22-2013 at 17:42.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Default Re: October 2013- Resident Evil Dark Falls RETURNS

but all factions are secret, unless youre dead and a zombie yes? Or are there different teams rummaging around, with umbrella and syntech and so forth?

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Makrell View Post
    but all factions are secret, unless youre dead and a zombie yes? Or are there different teams rummaging around, with umbrella and syntech and so forth?
    If you are a survivor (Town) then the identity of everyone else is a mystery to you. You also don't ordinarily know where they are.

If you are a Serial Killer, you can identify other serial killers on sight, but otherwise don't know who or where they are.

If you are Umbrella, you know who all your partners are, and where they are, at all times. You can also ID SynTech operatives on sight. You just don't know who or where they are.

If you are SynTech, you know who all your partners are, and where they are, at all times. You can also ID Umbrella operatives on sight. You just don't know who or where they are.

If you are a zombie, you know where all the zombies are at all times, and who is within visual range of the zombie horde.

If you are a member of one of the hidden factions, you know who your partner(s) are, and where they are, at all times.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

This looks fun but I have no idea if I can wrap my head around this. I'm going to read these threads while at work. Is something that someone with essentially no experience in a game like this can be a part of?

Member thankful for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by AntiDamascus View Post
    This looks fun but I have no idea if I can wrap my head around this. I'm going to read these threads while at work. Is something that someone with essentially no experience in a game like this can be a part of?
    Short answer: Yes.

Long Answer: Also yes.

You know as much as the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiDamascus View Post
    Yes, because almost every player in the previous game which had 62 players had no experience with a battle-royale style game, and I had absolutely zero experience hosting one.

More about the map and the game mechanics will be posted soon, and I will be available to answer questions.

TIME REQUIREMENTS: Every 3 days or so, you'll need to send me a private message indicating which action to take.

This PM can be as small as a couple sentences.

You may also wish to interact with players who are within communications range (1 tile, or an active com link with the player in question, host-approved only).

It should only take a few minutes to read what happened in the public writeup, open your results PM, and discuss things with available parties. Then, you have a couple days to decide what to do next.

This is less difficult for players than a traditional mafia game would be, because there's no public discussion. Therefore the player's time requirements are small. The host, on the other hand, is utterly insane for doing this a second time.

===================

General playing tips:

1) You need to do everything you plan on doing within 20-25 moves, because after that, the zombie horde will be too massive and they will be everywhere, and much more vicious as time progresses.

2) The longer the game progresses, the more survivors die and become zombies. Less allies, more enemies.

3) It is impossible to survive forever in Southgate. Eventually, a nuclear weapon will level the city, but the zombies will destroy everything alive long before then.

4) No matter how powerful you or your group of survivors becomes, the zombie horde will become that much more difficult to compensate.

5) You cannot explore every section of the map before time expires. Some things you have to leave for your teammates and you mustn't dawdle too much in going to your next objective.

6) Searching can yield better weapons, healing items, and very important, critical mission related items. Neglecting search is not advisable.

7) Searching can also reveal additional zombies, with a small percentage chance of that. Accordingly, if you are near death, searching can be a death sentence.

8) Accumulating health items can be a great idea, you can trade them to others, along with any items or weapons you don't need. This helps the players around you and makes it more likely someone survives the game. Other players might be more willing to give you weapons and items you need if it's not a one-way deal.

9) As soon as you complete your most critical objectives (freeing oneself, more on that later) (find an escape route) then you should attempt to leave southgate post-haste. Lingering in the city increases your risk of death, and escape + survival is much better score-wise than not escaping and not surviving.

=================

Sign-ups should open at end of october. Keep an eye on the thread.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

vote: Zack

Actually, I bet Zack will win this, just to spite everyone who has ever killed or voted for him for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    vote: Zack

Actually, I bet Zack will win this, just to spite everyone who has ever killed or voted for him for no reason.
    As if I can just press a button and win?

Vindicative son of a gun Member Jolt's Avatar
    Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    General playing tips:

1) You need to do everything you plan on doing within 20-25 moves, because after that, the zombie horde will be too massive and they will be everywhere, and much more vicious as time progresses.

2) The longer the game progresses, the more survivors die and become zombies. Less allies, more enemies.

3) It is impossible to survive forever in Southgate. Eventually, a nuclear weapon will level the city, but the zombies will destroy everything alive long before then.

4) No matter how powerful you or your group of survivors becomes, the zombie horde will become that much more difficult to compensate.

5) You cannot explore every section of the map before time expires. Some things you have to leave for your teammates and you mustn't dawdle too much in going to your next objective.

6) Searching can yield better weapons, healing items, and very important, critical mission related items. Neglecting search is not advisable.

7) Searching can also reveal additional zombies, with a small percentage chance of that. Accordingly, if you are near death, searching can be a death sentence.

8) Accumulating health items can be a great idea, you can trade them to others, along with any items or weapons you don't need. This helps the players around you and makes it more likely someone survives the game. Other players might be more willing to give you weapons and items you need if it's not a one-way deal.

9) As soon as you complete your most critical objectives (freeing oneself, more on that later) (find an escape route) then you should attempt to leave southgate post-haste. Lingering in the city increases your risk of death, and escape + survival is much better score-wise than not escaping and not surviving.
    As one of the few experts in surviving the game:

Read 9), forget about everything else.

Search for stuff until you or your group that you can (Hopefully) trust have enough documents that explain how to escape the city (Where to get a certain item that you need to escape through a section of the city). Once you know that, grab your group and do that, and forget about everything else. Don't help other parties unless they want to stick around you to make your group stronger, don't waste valuable turns in military bases searching for weapons, don't dilly dally, nothing. Look at the first game, 13 people out of 60 escaped.

1) Find escape route
    2) Move to where needed items for escape route are
    3) Get needed items
    4) Move to escape route
    5) Escape
    BLARGH!

This game will not allow you to escape through any escape route whatsoever until you accomplish the primary objective:

"Free yourself"

You cannot move outside of the boundaries of the map unless you have first done something which accomplishes this intentionally-vague (but will be revealed through the course of the narrative) primary objective.

Until you figure out how to do this, you are doomed to be trapped in Southgate until you die, and you will die. Mark my words.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

And in any case you can just vote:Askthepizzaguy. He is always the mafia.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Holy , we have to apprehend the Logos to escape? At that point, it's not like anything could stop us anyway...
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Semi-Corruptible Member White_eyes:D's Avatar

I realize that I should have asked these earlier...but I have two questions about the game balance.

One is, if there well be scanners like in the first game. If so, that is kinda hacks because I recall joining a group that had one last game and if I had not turned near the end, all of us in that group would have escaped without incident.(No epic Wishazu ownage at the end if there wasn't though...)

The second is, if anything like one player being unfortunately picked out like GH was for a rather unwelcome fate.

Edit: For point one what I mean is that it was easy to gain trust with it...you could tell if someone was turning or had evil intentions.
    Last edited by White_eyes:D; 10-07-2013 at 17:28.

The Legislator of Lol Member Stildawn's Avatar

There was a release date announced? Sooooo looking forward to this game.