Thread: 70s People vs. 90s People

Default 70s People vs. 90s People

I got this feeling on the summer day when you were gone.
    I crashed my car into the bridge. I watched, I let it burn.
    I threw your sh*t into a bag and pushed it down the stairs.
    I crashed my car into the bridge.

I don't care, I love it. I don't care...........
    First of all, people born in the 90s are still young students right now. Isn't a 20 year gap too much for them? Is there anyone from the 70s in this forum? Can you imagine dating anyone from the 50s? That is, if this song is about breaking up. Or maybe this song is about teenagers rebelling against their parents? To me, it sounds like a couple of drunk or high college girls who like to party, and they're angry at their rich 70s boyfriend. And that 70s guy is part of the target that Occupy Wall Street was against. (In my opinion, the 70s people are still too young to be the cause of the latest financial crisis. Most of them are still in their robot stage of a business heirarchy. And that's when they take the blame made by the 60s people. Oops, are there any 60s people here?) Also, it's the 70s (and probably the 60s) people who are in the right age to be victims of the last decade's pyramid schemes.

On second thought, their accent makes me think of another location instead of Wall Street.
    Last edited by Shaka_Khan; 08-23-2013 at 05:58.
    Wooooo!!!

Default Re: 70s People vs. 90s People

The song is just a typical vapid party song that doesn't mean anything except to encourage women to be excessively wild because that's what being a liberated youth means nowadays.

I was born in the sixties. 1960 to be precise.

The difference between now and then?

The biggest band in the UK atm is One Direction. My seven year old grand-daughter loves them.

The biggest band in the sixties; The Beatles.

Nuff said.....
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Member thankful for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneApache View Post
    I was born in the sixties. 1960 to be precise.

The difference between now and then?

The biggest band in the UK atm is One Direction. My seven year old grand-daughter loves them.

The biggest band in the sixties; The Beatles.

Nuff said.....
    Not really. I am waiting for the day when you just start copy-pasta all those hilarious chain emails that you get.

You sure you shouldn't be posting in the drunkards' thread?
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneApache View Post
    You sure you shouldn't be posting in the drunkards' thread?
    To a degree, yes. To a larger degree, no. To an even larger degree, the best choice would be for me to stop typing and pick up my drink again.

I'll drink to that.

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

On another note, clicking on the video gets me: “Unfortunately, this video is not available in Germany, because it may contain music for which GEMA has not granted the respective music right.”

Can I tell you how much I hate these bastards! The song is on the radio every freaking day.

Chances are good that is YouTube rather than GEMA but both are a bunch of litigious Nazis.

About half the time you can find one version of a song by the same artist that is not blocked and another that is. Tell me how that makes sense?

61.5% of all the top 1000 videos are blocked here!

Mothering s

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherking View Post
    About half the time you can find one version of a song by the same artist that is not blocked and another that is. Tell me how that makes sense?
    Not enough people/computing power to block them all when they're uploaded. Some alternative music sites like Vimeo often have the videos anyway and no GEMA problems. Which also made my opinion on the issue change a bit over time to think that maybe it's really Google who are the bigger problem factor here if other sites can get a deal with the GEMA and not go bankrupt.

That said, I'm an 80s person and 80s persons are great. Something about getting all the Chernobyl fallout at an early age that has really improved us as human beings.

I can imagine dating someone from the 50s if she were still 35 or younger, which is technically impossible today I believe.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Senior Member Senior Member gaelic cowboy's Avatar

when you say 70's I take it ye mean the person was born in the 70's yes/no in that case I was born in the seventies
    They slew him with poison afaid to meet him with the steel
    a gallant son of eireann was Owen Roe o'Neill.

Internet is a bad place for info Gaelic Cowboy

I took it as more of an attitude thing, not so literal. Each generation kinda has it's own style, and these chicks apparently don't have much respect for the '70s crowd. I see their point, none of my young friends really knew how to raise hell without getting caught.
    "The good man is the man who, no matter how morally unworthy he has been, is moving to become better."
    John Dewey