Thread: Samsung Note III, Galay S4 and the advantage of removable back cover

Default Samsung Note III, Galay S4 and the advantage of removable back cover

I bought my first smartphone in December last year, Samsung Galaxy S Duos. While it seemed like a really good phone back then, within a month I realised it was nearer to the tail end of phones as far as tech specs went. So since some months now I've been saving every penny I can in order to buy a new phone. Preferably something more high end. I have a friend who's a showroom owner and owes me a favour so whatever I buy, I should get it lower than the market cost.
    Now I have never ever bought high end hardware. My PC is archaic with the only thing up to date being the hard disk. My previous phone was a Sony Z550i which I used for six years. But this time around I intend to buy something high end, and stick with it. So I had my eyes set on the Galaxy S4. We have the Octa core version here, although I wish we had the dual-sim one.
    Anyhow. Just as I was celebrating that I will finally have what can be considered the top end of smartphone hardware, I happened to read about the Note 3 launch on September 4th.
    And my choice of phone has become outdated before I even bought it.
    Anyway I also read the rumours that the Note 3 might have a metal unibody which is something I don't want, because I like to be able to take out my battery, and all the advantages that come with it. Plus I don't care about how my phone looks. Sleek or bulky or whatever, it's all the same to me. But if the Note 3 does have the usual Samsung design, then.....well then I intend to wait for another few months, or however long it takes to save up enough money, and then buy it.
    At least that is what I plan. I am conflicted because I really want a new phone, and the S4 has everything, and the only two things more Note 3 will have hardware-wise (according to rumours) is a larger screen and 1 GB more RAM. Which if I am not wrong is overkill in case of smartphones, even when one wants to run the best games there are.
    So what do the Orgahs suggest? Or generally think?

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

Default Re: Samsung Note III, Galay S4 and the advantage of removable back cover

Personally, I'm looking forward to the Jolla phone. Anyway, as I understand it the Note is just a "bigger screen is better, best not be having small hands" version of the galaxy. Spec-wise Note 3 or Galaxy S4 aren't that different.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Default Re: Samsung Note III, Galay S4 and the advantage of removable back cover

The main hardware difference according to current rumours is an extra gigabyte of RAM.

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.