Thread: Greetings europa barborum team

Blog Entries

Default Greetings europa barborum team

Hi there I am a bit of a fan of your mod and I,m trying to learn 3d art like blender I was wondering if I could use some of your textures to make high poly versions of some of your units such as the pezoihaetori and some therouporori units

Default Re: Greetings europa barborum team

I'm afraid that will not be possible. As a matter of policy, we require that if you borrow our textures you do not modify them. Unfortunately, barring a few miracles your custom models would probably not allow you to use the textures as-is because the uvw mapping will likely be very different and a high poly model will probably expose/introduce all sorts of graphical artifacts due to optimisations/tricks applied to make the low poly RTW 1 models look good.

On the other hand: while the above may sound disappointing, you probably want to do skins with significantly higher resolution anyway to get the most of your high poly efforts and make them shine. To see why take a look at some of the screenshots of EB1 skins being ripped from EB1 and retrofitted onto M2TW, then compare those with EB2 skins from our previews. Such efforts got nothing on even the low end EB2 units. The reason is that EB2 skins have a fourfold increase in resolution for the skins, so there's 4 times as much detail that can be squeezed in (at the cost of more than 4 times as much work to do, but it pays off handsomely especially with relatively detailed models).
    Last edited by Tellos Athenaios; 08-24-2013 at 21:03.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Member thankful for this post:

Hamata 

Blog Entries

Default Re: Greetings europa barborum team

ok I understand thanks for the reply