Thread: RTW2 Demo ???

For England and St.George Senior Member ShadesWolf's Avatar

Question RTW2 Demo ???

Has anybody heard anything about a demo being released for this?

In the past CA has always released a game demo a few weeks prior to the game, but for this one i've heard nothing?
    ShadesWolf
    The Original HHHHHOWLLLLLLLLLLLLER

Im a Wolves fan, get me out of here......

Default Re: RTW2 Demo ???

Nope no demo, they wasted their time and budget going to all these events and showcasing Rome 2 to a select few when a demo could've been made and released to the public.
    Lets play Divide et Impera, Ptolemy Campaign. Link to full playlist down below!

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...2oIDsmGrPrKpzM

Senior Member Senior Member Barkhorn1x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroskiDerpman View Post
    Nope no demo, they wasted their time and budget going to all these events and showcasing Rome 2 to a select few when a demo could've been made and released to the public.
    Well one could look at it that way. Another way to look at it is that the code is complex and a demo release would need to be of a huge size and that would just upset folks so why bother?

End result = No demo.
    "Après moi le déluge"

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

A released-to-public demo requires non-trivial resources. CA chose to spend those resources on other things.

I don't see much reason for being irate about it.

Member thankful for this post:

And best of all, now you will not realize that this is just a clone of SII in a different setting till after you buy it!
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

Member thankful for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
    And best of all, now you will not realize that this is just a clone of SII in a different setting till after you buy it!
    I thought I was the only one who thought of this at first...

Seleucids? Look how the TW units were made: They all look the same with some swapping of models and texture making it 700 clone units.

All they need to do is swap the color (S2tw avatar conquest unit editing) and then add some Seleucid gimmicks. Done.

Those are my thoughts as of now... ;)

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

I want to have that MIITW technology back where a soldier could look different from the other soldiers.
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rickinator9 View Post
    I want to have that MIITW technology back where a soldier could look different from the other soldiers.
    Looking at screenshots it looks like there are varied soldiers in a unit.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

They are different, it's just the difference compared to Med 2 is quite subtle.

Napoleon had different versions of the same derp face plus some uniform differences in the French 1798 units.

Shogun 2 had equipment differences though mods bring more unit equipment diversity.

I got to be honest that facial animations instead of unique weapons animations is quite sad... Never really noticed the mo-cap novelty before, adding small facial animations that "show the faces of war" is quite absurd.

Why waste time to stare at faces growling when you can curb stomp the ai again eh?

hehehe