Thread: Survivalist Mykel Hawke putsLegionary kit through its paces for TWR2

Default Survivalist Mykel Hawke putsLegionary kit through its paces for TWR2

If this is where the extra budget got wasted on I am one sad panda. :(

Going to put youtube link later.
    Last edited by Lemur; 08-27-2013 at 20:46. Reason: Fixed YouTube embed.
    Lets play Divide et Impera, Ptolemy Campaign. Link to full playlist down below!

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...2oIDsmGrPrKpzM

Member thankful for this post:

Default Re: Survivalist Mykel Hawke putsLegionary kit through its paces for TWR2

It's kinda cool, though not reeeeally necessary I guess. There are a few hundred documentaries on Youtube on the topic anyways ^^ Guy has a cool voice though.

Default Re: Survivalist Mykel Hawke putsLegionary kit through its paces for TWR2

That voice. :I

Oh and the Roman getting shot by a slinger: lol, he just stood there and stared. XD

Edit: Thanks Lemur, to embed to link I just click the insert video icon right? (I barely used any of the functions other than typing, it would be nice to confirm my thoughts)
    Last edited by BroskiDerpman; 08-27-2013 at 21:06.

Great to see all the Romans wearing Lorica Segmentata!...not...
    You think they would get that right this time.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

From what I've read CA goes a little bit beyond 9AD so LS would be semi accurate; Just not with every single man equipped with LS as CA suggests.

Though if they don't give every man LS the Rome fanatics at TWC would get pretty mad and saying LS was used in large scale before Teutoburg.

Trust me I've debated with a few over Steam... I would not call names as a few of them are online friends but I find it funny how they say the LS should be really glossy in battle too when there's dirt/dust/blood or whatever that'll clog up the battlefield.

Edit: Really glossy, I mean it. Cataphracts polishing their armor and suddenly showing the super shiny armor in the desert sun glossy.
    Last edited by BroskiDerpman; 08-27-2013 at 22:47.

I really enjoyed this one. The reenactors were great - cool but serious, despite Mykel's American action hero demeanour! Educational, and with some good in-game shots.

Senior Member Senior Member Barkhorn1x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
    Great to see all the Romans wearing Lorica Segmentata!...not...
    You think they would get that right this time.

Geez Vuk you are hard to please.

To be fair here I am sure that most re-enactors go for the LS rather than the Lorica Hamata. It's just cooler ya' know?
    "Après moi le déluge"

Screw pin cushion LS when you get a nice set of scale armor!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	legio_ii_britannica_4th_c__ad_by_fall3nairborne-d37wq8c.png 
Views:	149 
Size:	429.7 KB 
ID:	10642

Quote Originally Posted by BroskiDerpman View Post
    From what I've read CA goes a little bit beyond 9AD so LS would be semi accurate; Just not with every single man equipped with LS as CA suggests.

Though if they don't give every man LS the Rome fanatics at TWC would get pretty mad and saying LS was used in large scale before Teutoburg.

Trust me I've debated with a few over Steam... I would not call names as a few of them are online friends but I find it funny how they say the LS should be really glossy in battle too when there's dirt/dust/blood or whatever that'll clog up the battlefield.

Edit: Really glossy, I mean it. Cataphracts polishing their armor and suddenly showing the super shiny armor in the desert sun glossy.
    Yeah, but that is when they first started to be used in any real numbers as far as we know, and even at its peak it was used by only a minority of legionaries.
    They found a few remnants at Teutoburg that they do not even know is LS, but even if it was it was still probably an extremely rare thing to see.
    Ancients were incapable of achieving mirror polishes like we can now as far as I know, so that would be impossible. Am I wrong on that?

Either way, I am not objecting to CA including some men using LS, but with them having its use so dominant/exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkhorn1x View Post
    Geez Vuk you are hard to please.

To be fair here I am sure that most re-enactors go for the LS rather than the Lorica Hamata. It's just cooler ya' know?
    Nah, it is important, lol.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

Thanks for restating my statement Vuk. :P

Hehehehe

I loved it. Good history knowledge for the newbies and definitely a good voice. I second the comment about the slinger clip too! I found myself rewinding all the scenes from the game to try and catch glimpses of the testudo, slingers and the best one was the last clip of the guy getting taken out by the pilum! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbo View Post
    I really enjoyed this one. The reenactors were great - cool but serious, despite Mykel's American action hero demeanour! Educational, and with some good in-game shots.
    Indeed. Surprisingly well done and cleared up some good basic points for beginners. The cutting was IMHO excellent.
    "Silent enim leges inter arma - For among arms, the laws fall mute"
    Cicero, Pro Milone

Slinger part was funny but the facial animation was distorted by lack of detailed facial texture to even notice. :(

Member thankful for this post:

Gotta love the Scene where hes all "Hura, this drink tastes great!" and the Reenactor dude is like "It tastes like feet, you don't have to like it".
    "Who fights can lose, who doesn't fight has already lost."
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

"Durch diese hohle Gasse muss er kommen..."
    - Leonidas of Sparta

"People called Romanes they go the House"
    - Alaric the Visigoth