Thread: princessess, wives and marriage

Default princessess, wives and marriage

Why is my generals always end up with a wife who turns out to be a less then desirable to put it politly, and my princess with hardly any charm. Often you cannot preview who the girl is other than from a noble family but often ends up 'horrid'

I may as well be given a mistress on marriage and same the expense of aquiring one

Default Re: princessess, wives and marriage

Oh, i only marry mine to hot babes...I usually try to find the french princess Constance at the beginning, let her steam-roll me diplomatically a few times then marry her to faction heir when she has 8 in charm. if you use spies you can find the hot babes on the map and the rest of the family except for faction heir stays single to keep the bloodline pure

Don't know about regular wives, but after patch 1.2 princesses are actually quite decent. Rarely do I see one hit 16 with less than 3 hearts. The French especially tend to have high charm princesses with 6 and even 7 hearts by the age of 20 or so.
    "And if the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war and not popularity seeking. If they want peace, they and their relatives must stop the war." - William Tecumseh Sherman

“The market, like the Lord, helps those who help themselves. But unlike the Lord, the market does not forgive those who know not what they do.” - Warren Buffett

plus sometimes you're lucky. I once got a 8 or 9 star highland flower maary her to a general
    king of scotland M2tw hotseat campaign.

Apart from the french any other factions fair well?

Ricardus Insanusaum Member Bob the Insane's Avatar

The is a definate distinction between marrying a princess (only your faction leader or heir can marry foreign pricesses) and accepting the "we found a wife for you" event...

I think there are a distinct set of triggers for each are there not?

hi there, i think is pretty easy to increase ur princess charm by 4Charm at the start of the games!!! try engage ur princess in diplomatic talk with other fraction such as alliances, trade right and exchange map..... yeah!! have to agree that the french princess does have a unusual high charm at very young age!!! probably because her parents have good trait that lead to high charm princess....i think!!!!!

and i have a question here......normally, i would try to raise up my princess charm as much as possible!!! then i'll use her to get foreign General by marriage!!!! Normally i would success...but y she and her new husband didnt show up in my family tree??? is this a bug?? or the General she marry to is currently under the fraction family tree??? Plz help!!!!

Most of your generals have to take their chances with the random wife the game finds for them, it would be nice to be able to preview her first though, why are you given a choice to marry her or not when you can't even see her?

Your heir has better luck because you can find a good princess for him.

As for your own princess, the trick to raising her charm is to do diplomacy with her and make the foreigner happy Don't demand the maximum amount of tribute from them and have them "Barely accept" the deal. I find that she has about a 50/50 chance of gaining charm if I propose a good amount of tribute for my map or whatever, something that is pretty fair, and then take whatever counteroffer the enemy makes. I find that the more reasonable your initial offer is, the more reasonable their counteroffer is. Of course buying things from the AI works in the same way, offer them a fair price first. The easiest way to see this yourself is to start campaign as Venice and try to buy Bologna from HRE on the first turn. If you initially offer them 4300, which is close to the actual price of ~4700 i believe, you will get it much cheaper than if you offer them 2000 first.

It will go something like this "Give us Bologna for 1500 florins" "Rot in hell you cheap Venetian cuckold, ve vant 4500 for 3 turns" and you go back and forth and end up paying them 7500 for it.

If you do it right, it is more like "Give us Bologna for 4000 florins" "Das ist ein gut offer freund, but ve vere hoping for ein bischen more, vould you pay 5500?" "No but we will pay 4800" "Done"

In my portugal campaign i kept my starting princess sailong around and getting lots of diplomacy traits, she lost a heart cos of secret admirer but she still has 7, now she's 39 and gonna marry her brother who's 16 in 2 turns hope the kids will be good. I don't adopt I don't accept suitors and wives offer I only marry them to royals needless to say there is always one kickass child per generation that carries on the legacy
    EDIT: Crap, She got sent to the convent same turn he came of age... and his aunts can't marry him. The retrofit mod seems to have changed a few things so don't follow my advice
    Last edited by Gaius Terentius Varro; 09-21-2007 at 03:57.

I need help with my princess. I want her to marry my faction heir, who's her nephew, but it won't let me. She's a year younger than him and 10 Charm. The option to marry him showed up before he was faction heir, and she could still marry his brother.( still her nephew). Anyone got any tips?