Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sword and Cross

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

Default Re: Sword and Cross

The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

Dark Lord of Sith Member Big Bird Hunting Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Fun Surfing Champion Darth Feather's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    Sorry, RL is treating me badly. I will be able to play it tomorrow. (Now I have a ton of work to do)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Nathaniël of the mouse guard

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain" - Robert Jordan

The writer of above message is not responsible for any mistakes in the reasoning of said message.

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

you all flatter me too much :)
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

“Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Dark Lord of Sith Member Big Bird Hunting Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Fun Surfing Champion Darth Feather's Avatar

Forgot to post it
    @TheCeLL After much delay: here's the Frenchhttps://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...d=279&id=10554

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain" - Robert Jordan

The writer of above message is not responsible for any mistakes in the reasoning of said message.

Master of Awesome Member TheCeLL's Avatar

Oh crap! I almost forgot I was even in a hotseat xD I don't think I can play today but I'll do my turn by tomorrow definitely.

Still haven't expanded much my kingdom :/
    SaC_T8_Poland.zip @Nightbringer

Should be able to get to my turn tomorrow.

Last edited by Nightbringer; 02-15-2014 at 22:24.

Master of the Universe Member LooseCannon1's Avatar

@Myth?

@LooseCannon1 I can't load the save. I get the loading bar and get returned back to the main menu. Can you check if it works for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    I can't load the save. I get the loading bar and get returned back to the main menu. Can you check if it works for you?
    @MythTried and loaded the copy on my computer. Then downloaded, installed the posted file (changed file name to avoid duplicate), and tried it and that one also loaded properly. Tried changing to Gracul AI and it still loads fine for me. Did you play CoG before trying this one? Did you try deleting the file and re-downloading it? The kind of crash you had often occurs when something is missing from a corrupt download. @Nightbringer, can you try it and see what happens? Anybody else can try it too. You won't be able to open the save but it should load properly @TheCeLL @Darth Feather

sounds like you are trying to load a file that doesn't match your game files. Would your game files have changed for any reason? The corrupted download thing also makes sense, so maybe try redownloading.

I'll try downloading to see what happens.

save works no problem for me.
    Last edited by Nightbringer; 03-04-2014 at 04:49.

No wait guys, my bad. I had tried to open it with vanilla, for some reason I mixed up S&C with the other game we had which was using vanilla M2TW. I'll do this tonight.

haha, no problem :)

In an effort to restore some of the glory of Charlemagne's Holy Roman Empire, the Kaiser has stormed and taken the capital of the Merchant Republic of Venice. The city was found sorely lacking in infrastructure. It appears that the patrician families cared naught for this strategic port and important beacon of Christendom. His Majesty shall be sending wealth and craftsmen to begin the restoration of Venice to its former glory.

Now that we control a port in the Adriatic see, we can finally begin preparations for a Holy Crusade. Thus, we wish to propose to the gathering of worthy Catholics here, that we go under the banner of our lord Jesus Christ and oust the heathen Seljuks from Anatolia. They threaten the Eastern Roman Empire and commit vile acts and atrocities against peaceful Christian pilgrims. The armies of Catholic Europe must march and cleanse this land. The newly conquered territories can be assigned to a King of Anatolia, whom we shall elect from the noblemen who lead armies in this conflict. Alternatively, they can be returned to the Basileos or gifted to His Holiness the Pope. Or we can form vassal duchies to our own kingdoms and empires and thus have direct control over the flow of goods and troops into the Holy Lands. What say you fellow Christians?

And further more - the counts and dukes of the north are driven by holy zeal. They offer the King of Poland their aid in his effort to bring the light of Christ to the heathen Lithuanians. Great hosts of men can be mustered, and gold can be spared for the building of churches. We can also send German priests to further the education of these peoples, who live in the darkness of ignorance and heresy.

Sicilly up @Darth Feather
    Last edited by Myth; 03-05-2014 at 00:37.

We thank the Kaiser for his kind offer of aid, but our men, filled with the strength of the lord, have already converted much of the land, and only a few heathen dogs now hide in a fortified city. We have surrounded this last stronghold of heresy and will cleanse it soon. Of course, the assistance of German priests is always appreciated. These people live in a near barbaric state and are in dire need of the Lord's word.

As to this proposed Crusade, we vote in favor of it. The Seljuk Turks do indeed threaten Christian lands, and we would be doing the Lord's work in driving them back to the steppes. Initially at least, I think it would be safest to establish client Kingdoms to rule over these lands, as the Eastern Romans misguided faith has clearly sapped their power to hold it.

(ooc) -3 points for taking Venice, and you need to declare a specific city to be the crusade target. :)

I will think about a target, I need a map in front of me. I'm thinking Dyarbakir or Baghdad.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...d=279&id=10565 @TheCeLL

I would like to know where Dyarbakir is situated. Sicilian map-making is still in progress and we started with mapping the western medditeranian.

start a new single player game and write toggle_fow in the console

France claims rebel territories south of... well France. If any other ruler sieges those cities, then I, le Roi de France will see it as a direct challenge to my rule.

Poland is next
    @NightbringerSaC_T9_Poland.zip

Quote Originally Posted by TheCeLL View Post
    France claims rebel territories south of... well France. If any other ruler sieges those cities, then I, le Roi de France will see it as a direct challenge to my rule.

Poland is next
    @NightbringerSaC_T9_Poland.zip
    The King of France would do well to heed the Scottish forces amassed near Anthwerp. They are of dubious honour.

Sicilly up @Darth Feather

Took a city from Venice this turn. I have a question - if a catholic city is recaptured, will re-recapturing it give a further point decrease?

Calling vote for a Crusade on Caesarea.

I would say no if it was lost in the last 10 turns. Since you can't double up on gained points that way, I think it is only fair that you can't double up on lost points that way. So going by that, should you be losing points for this capture?
    Also, I need to hear the exact target of the crusade, and votes from @LooseCannon1, @Darth Feather, and @TheCeLL

The King of Norway feels that the Turks are not truly a threat to Christianity. If you wish to beat up on some heathens I suggest calling the crusade on Urgench.

And is that a cut & paste error in the first post? It says "EARLY" era. Aren't we using Late era?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbringer View Post
    I would say no if it was lost in the last 10 turns. Since you can't double up on gained points that way, I think it is only fair that you can't double up on lost points that way. So going by that, should you be losing points for this capture?
    Also, I need to hear the exact target of the crusade, and votes from @LooseCannon1, @Darth Feather, and @TheCeLL
    I gave a target:

"Calling vote for a Crusade on Caesarea." - that's the Turkish capital in the Late era start.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast