Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sword and Cross

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Default Sword and Cross

Welcome to Sword and Cross!

A game of holy war and papal favor.

Game Settings

Stainless Steel 6.4

Late Era

Gracul ai

Disable real recruitment

VH/VH difficulty

Auto-resolve battles only

Only catholic factions may be selected for play, and the Kingdom of Jerusalem/Crusader States and Principality of Antioch are not eligible for selection.

Players:
    LooseCannon1 - Norway
    Points =
    TheCeLL - France
    Points =
    Nightbringer - Poland
    Points = 4
    Myth - Holy Roman Empire
    Points = -6

Rules
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Each player has 48 hours to complete his turn (not counting weekends). After that the Admin may skip his faction or he can be subbed.

Do not bypass or ignore zones of control to lift a siege (or in any other way).

Do not attack ships in ports.

Armies boarding ships in ports can't stay there for more than one turn.

Don't leave blockaded ports without beating the blockading ships first.

Don't stack merchants in armies or forts to get more than one to stand on the same resource (Merchant Fort)

No surrounding armies or agents to destroy them. (Surround&Destroy)

Don't attack units who were left next to a settlement in order to capture it on the same turn in order to cheat the garrison script. In fact don't cheat the garrison script period. (this only applies vs AI factions)

Don't use repeated offers for bribe to increase your faction leader's dread.

Armies that are defeated in battle by a player that comes after them in the turn list may not move the following turn. This is to make it fair for people who are defeated by players that come before them in the turn list, and thus lose all their movement points

Armies that are defeated in battle may not be attacked on the following turn, as they are banned from moving, either by the game mechanics or by the rule above. They must be allowed to move first, or must be reinforced. If the defeated army retreats to a settlement or fort, this rule does not apply.

Ballistas can't open anything, catapults can open wooden walls, trebuchets or better can open anything.

Assassins are allowed to target anyone but the players are limited to one assassination attempt per turn. It must be the first action they do, before they spend money or do anything else. Upon a successful assassination the game admin can load that player's save and attempt the assassination. If the results are different there will be penalties for cheating.

Spies are not allowed to open anything.

ONLY religious buildings can be destroyed upon the conquest of a settlement and ONLY if they are of a religion different than your own.

No trading of provinces to receive free troops. If you trade provinces, make sure they have no garrison prior to the exchange.

No deliberate deals that would put you in debt above -10,000 florins.

New/game specific rules

Players may not engage in any kind of diplomacy with the Papal States.

Players may not request for the Pope to call crusades on any non-player factions (to prevent burning the crusade timer then getting excommunicated).

The game's winner is based on a point system.

The first player to reach 50 points wins the game.
    (If multiple conditions apply, points do not stack, simply take points from highest category.)
    (Points can only be scored for any single settlement by any single player once every 10 turns [meaning gifting settlement's back and forth, or to the ai for recapture, will not allow multiple scoring])

Capturing the target of a crusade is worth 10 points.

Capturing settlements owned by the target of a crusade are worth 5 points.

Capturing settlements owned by any excommunicated faction are worth 3 points.

Capturing settlements owned by a Muslim faction in mainland Europe are worth 3 points.

Capturing settlements owned by Lithuania are worth 2 points.

Capturing settlements owned by any faction at war with the pope are worth 2 points.

Capturing settlements owned by a Muslim faction not at war with the Pope are worth -1 points.

Capturing settlements owned by a Orthodox faction not at war with the Pope are worth -2 points.

Capturing settlements owned by a Catholic faction not at war with the Pope are worth -3 points.

Special Rule: Call for Crusade

Can only be done if at least 2 non-excommunicated players exist.
    Any non-excommunicated player may attempt to call a crusade at the start of a turn cycle.
    They select a single province owned by any faction (except non-excommunicated Catholics) to be the target of the crusade.
    If done, all non-excommunicated players get single vote that must be made during that turn cycle.
    If a majority (over half) of players vote that the crusade is just, then the following additional conditions apply.
    -Capturing the target of this crusade is worth 8 points.
    -Capturing other settlements owned by the target of this crusade is worth 4 points.

Excommunicated Crusade

Works exactly the same as the above call for crusade, except that all instances of excommunicated/non-excommunicated are switched. (the heresy has spread far enough that it has become a schism in the church, with zealots on both sides.
    Last edited by Nightbringer; 09-24-2014 at 01:32.
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Default Re: Sword and Cross

All right everyone, make your faction selections and let me know if you have any problems getting the mod up and running.
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Master of the Universe Member LooseCannon1's Avatar

I'll take the Kingdom of Jerusalem. that is so unfair I wanted to make the sands red with heathen blood. Guess I'll have to do it in the snow instead. viking power

And for those who have not seen Dr. Sheldon Cooper's Fun with Flags-that's Norway
    Last edited by LooseCannon1; 08-29-2013 at 01:44.

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

I have to get KGCM to work and check the starting positions, but I'm torn between Spain, France and the HRE.
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

BTW I'm going for a second full week vacation so I'll return on the 9th

Dark Lord of Sith Member Big Bird Hunting Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Fun Surfing Champion Darth Feather's Avatar

I'll probably go for Sicily.

(because I couldn't find the sicilian flag )
    Nathaniël of the mouse guard

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain" - Robert Jordan

The writer of above message is not responsible for any mistakes in the reasoning of said message.

Master of Awesome Member TheCeLL's Avatar

Any nice beginner factions? This would be my first time playing hotseat

Quote Originally Posted by TheCeLL View Post
    Any nice beginner factions? This would be my first time playing hotseat
    England would probably be a good beginner faction, but would have a hard time getting to non-Christian targets. Sicily would also be pretty good, but is already taken. France could also be a pretty easy pick.

Oh, and I'm going to be taking Poland!
    Last edited by Nightbringer; 09-02-2013 at 17:39.

I guess I'll take france, they're location is more convenient when a crusade is called on jerusalem or something ^_^

HRE for me if we are using SS, England if it's KGCM :)

Byzantine-o-phile Member Sarkly's Avatar

I'll be going for the Crown of Castille if we do use Stainless Steel. I'll do a little experimenting to see if I can get KGCM up and running. My pick on that account shall have to wait 'till then.

@Nightbringer bud if you're busy atm want me to set it up so we can get going?

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

What good beginner spots are still open?
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

@Myth, I would really appreciate that man, thanks! I'm a bit scatterbrained right now but things should settle down soon enough. (deadline is Oct 4)

I hope I can do that, but my GF is coming over tonight and I'm spending time with her until Sunday. Then, next week I have a lot of business trips (at least 2) so we'll see if I can squeeze out some PC time for myself.

Hey everyone, sorry on the long time getting this started, but if you are still interested in playing, please drop by and we can actually get things started!
    I believe we have decided on using SS 6.3, and the following faction selections.

@LooseCannon1 Norway
    @Darth Feather Sicily
    @TheCeLL France
    Nightbringer Poland
    @Myth England
    @Sarkly Castille

I can't get KGCM to work. Mind if we do this in SS? I'd be the HRE then.

The latest version of Stainless Steel (the one I have) is 6.4 . Is there any reason why we are using a previous version?

Dark Lord of Sith Member Big Bird Hunting Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Fun Surfing Champion Darth Feather's Avatar

I'll try to get SS working once again. I have never played as sicily in SS though. Are they any good?

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain" - Robert Jordan

The writer of above message is not responsible for any mistakes in the reasoning of said message.

oops. yes, i meant 6.4 :P

@LooseCannon1, are you still in? And maybe @SilverShield is interested?

I'll need to hear from you soon @Sarkly or I'll have to assume you have moved on. :)

Master of the Universe Member LooseCannon1's Avatar

I'm ready to start whenever you are NB

Okay, I'll create the game tonight with us 5 as players!

Cool! I'll be re-reading that hotseat tutorial soon ;)

Alright, sicily is the first player @darth FEater

And remember our weird new rules set everyone, and good luck!

Thanks for starting thsi NB

aw guess thats just too much mirco ruling for me and im not really into the whole crusade mechanism. let me know tho if the whole concept works out fine
    Last edited by SilverShield; 11-04-2013 at 23:52.
    Most Dope Fresh Artist Out There

DraMatiQue

www.datpiff.com/DraMatiQue-Kill-The-Game-Mixtape.429536.html

Free Mixtape Download

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbringer View Post
    Alright, sicily is the first player @darth FEater

And remember our weird new rules set everyone, and good luck!
    Oops the notification didn't work. `

Here is the next one up @TheCeLL

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...d=279&id=10502

Cool Re: Sword and Cross

Alrighty! I've finished my turn as France.
    It's England's turn now.
    P.S. I read up the thingie about where to upload ... that particular place on the forum doesn't let me upload directly there, so I just made it an attachment. I hope its okay.
    @Myth SaC_T1_England.zip

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    I can't get KGCM to work. Mind if we do this in SS? I'd be the HRE then.
    Erm I'm supposed to be playing the HRE if we are using SS? @Nightbringer

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast