Thread: Seasonal to Year-Round???

Default Seasonal to Year-Round???

Hey y'all,

I've been thinking that it's getting less and less likely to see a surge in active players for any given month, so we might be better of having year-round ranked play. So instead of monthly reports we'll have an on-going ladder system (using the existing ladder). The problem with this is your uploads there are probably going to be useless in-game. Due to the code for the ladder, the .rpy files (or any file you upload for that matter), seems to have some additional bits in the header (if I'm not mistaken). I think this is what might make for erratic .rpy behavior. It explains the size difference between the .rpy on the site and the one in your saved replays folder.

If anyone knows a bit of php or sql, I would love to use some help to figure out why it's doing this and to resolve this issue so the ladder can not only track ratings but also hold valid replay files.

Best,
    V
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

Members thankful for this post (2):

Default Re: Seasonal to Year-Round???

I'm interested in a year round ranked thing.
    Lets play Divide et Impera, Ptolemy Campaign. Link to full playlist down below!

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...2oIDsmGrPrKpzM

Quote Originally Posted by BroskiDerpman View Post
    I'm interested in a year round ranked thing.
    I don't want to make a new ladder each year. Not enough games IMO to justify any extra work like that. So I think people should just submit their games to the ladder and it will rank you accordingly. The more games you play, the more accurate. There's a minimum to get ranked. I think it's 10 games iirc.
    Former Projects:

So I just upload to the site eh?. According to you replays get corrupted when uploaded to the site, perhaps make a thread here and attach the replays on the forum for now while the problem gets fixed?

There's this site called Total War Clan Center which allows you to upload replays there, we could try that as I think all are welcome to upload there.

Basically, due to coding, the ladder is corrupting any and all replays that are uploaded through it. Since it's open source, it can be reprogrammed. But I don't have that kind of time right now. The trouble with having people upload replays elsewhere...is the issue of connecting each game on the ladder to its respective replay file. That's the whole point of having the replay attached to each match on the ladder. So in that sense, I don't know. It's not a big deal. Older games on the ladder might have different EDU versions anyway, so no big deal. It's not a major concern I think. Monthly matches have decreased sharply, and I suspect gamer interest has shifted elsewhere in terms of new releases, within and without the Total War umbrella.
    Former Projects:

I'm installing the rest of EB during the weekend (When I have free time I'm using it to play instead of installing as of now) going to go up on Hamachi soon and check out if there's anybody online to play a 1v1.