Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What can I say, it's Sweden

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Default What can I say, it's Sweden

That should be enough really, the most feminine and politically correct country in the world, but the people who feed on political correctness really outdo themselves her(e)

http://www.thelocal.se/49902/20130828/

Could it get any more hilarious. Not for the guy of course

Sweden England Sweden England.... I can't choose

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

Default Re: What can I say, it's Sweden

Ridiculous. Perhaps I should sue the children next door. My sleep is religiously important to me.

I really don't like this trend. Why should we adapt to an invasive culture?
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

I don't think that's the problem really, it's more the knee-jerk reaction by the (local) government and the left-wing when it concerns anything deemed racist or discriminatory.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Member thankful for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by rickinator9 View Post
    Ridiculous. Perhaps I should sue the children next door. My sleep is religiously important to me.

I really don't like this trend. Why should we adapt to an invasive culture?
    They aren't all that invasive are they. They aren't the problem, I bet a 99% that this is gutmench's doing

Yeah, it's not like he started a rock concert against the swedish king inside the mosque.

Then again if he kept honking incessantly for a long time, it woud be causing a public disturbance or so anyway.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Honking is illegal in almost all circumstances, of course he'll face punishment for this.

Moving on, it's just frags being hysterical yet again.
    Still maintain that crying on the pitch should warrant a 3 match ban

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

Wait I thought Sweden had vikings.
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by HoreTore View Post
    Honking is illegal in almost all circumstances, of course he'll face punishment for this.

Moving on, it's just frags being hysterical yet again.
    Sigh, just because you can't see it doesn't mean there isn't anything to see;

The 22-year-old is being charged with "störande av förrättning", the crime of intentionally disrupting a religious or spiritual ceremony - including weddings and funerals. It also outlaws disturbing court cases and certain state proceedings, and is punishable with up to six months in jail according to Sweden's penal code.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Sigh, just because you can't see it doesn't mean there isn't anything to see;

The 22-year-old is being charged with "störande av förrättning", the crime of intentionally disrupting a religious or spiritual ceremony - including weddings and funerals. It also outlaws disturbing court cases and certain state proceedings, and is punishable with up to six months in jail according to Sweden's penal code.
    It's putting his offence in context, which the courts may or may not agree with.

That he has broken the law is damn obvious, as honking isn't legal. He'll get his fine, as he should.

We're Scandinavians, not Italians. Making a fuss is frowned upon, and usually illegal.

It's putting his offence in context, which the courts may or may not agree with.
    His offence, lol. Face it, this is a textbook example of islamphaelist dhimmitude. It would be absolutily unthinkable that the same would happen if he did it at a church, you know that, you might not say it, but you know it. There isn't any reasonability to be found whatsoever. Did the guys at the mosque even file a complaint or is it the sufficating social control that plagues the Swedish mindset. Must... be... correct...
    Last edited by Fragony; 08-30-2013 at 14:56.

His offence, lol. Face it, this is a textbook example of islamphaelist dhimmitude. It would be absolutily unthinkable that the same would happen if he did it at a church, you know that, you might not say it, but you know it. There isn't any reasonability to be found whatsoever. Did the guys at the mosque even file a complaint or is it the sufficating social control that plagues the Swedish mindset. Must... be... correct...
    I don't have first hand experience with Sweden, but I remember how much it was stressed that honking is out of the question and very illegal when I took my drivers license.

It's for emergency use only. Everything else is illegal. We're not Italians. And yes, people actually do get fined for it. Due to its nature you're not very likely to get caught however, so in this instance I think it's safe to assume that the context made him pay.

The Norwegian law on honking says the following:

1. Unødig eller hensynsløs bruk av lyd- eller lyssignal er forbudt.
    which translates to "Unnecessary or reckless use of sound or lightsignal is forbidden". I can't see why the Swedes would be any different, and the honking he did certainly counts as unnecessary.

For a look at how regulated honking is, have a look at chapter 29 in this link. The entire thing is a specification of what the sound horn should be like.
    Last edited by HoreTore; 08-30-2013 at 15:09.

He isn't just charged with honking, he is charged for honking in front of a mosque, disrupting the prayer the Swedish dhimmi government so deeply admires. Different thing. A non-dhimmi would never charge him with the heaviest penalty the law has to offer. But it's Sweden.
    Last edited by Fragony; 08-30-2013 at 15:41.

rvg 

That he has broken the law is damn obvious, as honking isn't legal. He'll get his fine, as he should.

We're Scandinavians, not Italians. Making a fuss is frowned upon, and usually illegal.

honking isn't legal. He'll get his fine, as he should. Making a fuss is frowned upon, and usually illegal.

honking isn't legal
    HONK! oops, repeated that one. still trying to wrap my puny little mind around this concept.

We're Scandinavians, not Italians.
    What is the point of this? Making a fuss is illegal? Sounds Orwellian. I thought women in Iran had problems. You're whole country is ? Is this in the real world?
    "The good man is the man who, no matter how morally unworthy he has been, is moving to become better."
    John Dewey

He isn't just charged with honking, he is charged for honking in front of a mosque, disrupting the prayer the Swedish dhimmi government so deeply admires. Different thing. A non-dhimmi would never charge him with the heaviest penalty the law has to offer. But it's Sweden.
    There are certainly harsher laws. Racism and harassment comes to mind, perhaps a few others. They come with a probability of prison time, this guy is getting a fine. Back when I worked at a gas station, I saw several people fined for using their horn. You think they would fine someone for honking at a gas station, but not outside a mosque? What would be the sense in that?

But meh, do continue your crusade against "dhimmis" without understanding either the country or system in question, I don't really care.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lurker Below View Post
    What is the point of this? Making a fuss is illegal? Sounds Orwellian. I thought women in Iran had problems. You're whole country is ? Is this in the real world?
    The horn is for emergency use only(ie. alerting someone to an accident, and perhaps a few more things), and it's been that way since the car was introduced. Don't really know why, Scandinavian culture I guess. :shrugs:

Flashing your lights is also illegal btw, as well as using fog lights instead of driving lights, which is a rather common thing to get fined for.

Nice try me gusta but he isn't charged for using his horn, but for using his horn before a mosque. Entirily different charge.

Nice try me gusta but he isn't charged for using his horn, but for using his horn before a mosque. Entirily different charge.
    May I introduce you to the term "escalation"?

Do it in a quiet neighborhood, and you'll be charged with disturbing the peace.

Hmmm....

I'm starting to think you're the victim of a hoax, Frags. I've googled the story, but I can't find any results at all in Swedish newspapers; the only results I get are from papers like the local and various anti-jihad sites. None of those give any sources for their information, except some referencing each other.

I also checked the usual suspects, swedish and norwegian not-nazi-at-all sites, and found absolutely nothing. I find it very hard to believe that the local rightwing nutjobs wouldn't be the among the first to latch on to this story, and the local gives the date a whole week ago(august 23rd).

There seems to be a woman named Christina Weilander who is related to the legal business, but all I found was that she authored an article in a law publication and answered a question on the website of an organization offering free legal advice.

Time to check your sources, eh?

EDIT: I did find an article about a police car being reported for honking though....
    Last edited by HoreTore; 08-30-2013 at 18:50.

There are no residential properties in the immediate vicinity.
    According to the article:

There are no residential properties in the immediate vicinity.
    From my googling, I've read some comments that use of the horn is rare in Sweden, as Horetore assumed, but I can not concretely find whether the cause is purely norm-al or an actual traffic regulation.

Here, all I could findwas this snippet, which seems to imply that horn usage is not that uncommon:

More than half of the drivers said that each year road users are honking their horns, gesturing their
    hands or doing something similar to them.
    On the other hand:

This report is based on 112 responses from the drivers of winter maintenance vehicles on state roads
    in the operational areas that are managed by Svevia, Skanska, NCC and Peab. The questionnaire
    consisted of 40 questions. Most of the drivers are working as subcontractors, often employed by
    truck operators.
    Sources like this one mention nothing about honking.

On these sites I couldn't really find any information on traffic regulations. Maybe the Swedish-language versions have that info?

Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

May I introduce you to the term "escalation"?

Do it in a quiet neighborhood, and you'll be charged with disturbing the peace.
    Sure no problem, escalation seems like a proper word to use more

The swedish law website was horrible to navigate(no wonder, they are inferior after all), but this is one of the Swedish honking laws:

64 § När det behövs för att förebygga eller avvärja fara, skall en förare ge ljud- eller ljussignaler eller på något annat lämpligt sätt väcka andra trafikanters uppmärksamhet.

Signaler får inte ges längre än nödvändigt.
    Which translates to:

"When it is necessary to prevent or avert danger, a driver shall give audible or visual signals, or in any other suitable way to bring other road users' attention.

Signals must not be longer than necessary."

There may be more, but the site is a pain to navigate, so I don't really feel like finding more... And at any rate, it seems more and more likely that this story was concocted by some idiot anyway.

EDIT: Apparently the Swedish government doesn't publish their laws in a searchable format on the web. The website lagen.nu(can't believe I didn't notice the .nu) isn't a government site and doesn't include all the laws. Never trust a Swede....
    Last edited by HoreTore; 08-30-2013 at 19:14.

Sure no problem, escalation seems like a proper word to use more
    Got any proof this story is real, Frags?

Got any proof this story is real, Frags?
    Of course not I wasn't there. You keep going for the horning, but it isn't about the horning itself, it's about horning in front of a mosque and being able to be charged with up to 6 months of prison. Sweden is creepy, the perfect stephmom that you wouldn't trust with knives

Of course not I wasn't there. You keep going for the horning, but it isn't about the horning itself, it's about horning in front of a mosque and being able to be charged with up to 6 months of prison. Sweden is creepy, the perfect stephmom that you wouldn't trust with knives
    As far as I can tell, this is a case of a fictional story someone invented.

EDIT: Did some more googling, and the Norwegian neo-nazi site fyret.nu claims to have found the article at metro.se, but doesn't link to it. The story is nowhere to be found. I'm guessing it either didn't exist in the first place, or metro.se retracted it after discovering it was fake.
    Last edited by HoreTore; 08-30-2013 at 19:23.

As far as I can tell, this is a case of a fictional story someone invented.
    Could be, but it's Sweden. Things like this happen in the UK and Sweden mostly and they are both too afraid to admit there are some area's that could use some extra attention. Like just about the whole fiasco that is their multicultralist cravings
    Last edited by Fragony; 08-30-2013 at 19:28.

Could be, but it's Sweden. Things like this happen in the UK and Sweden mostly and they are both too afraid to admit there are some area's that could use some extra attention. Like just about the whole fiasco that is their multicultralist cravings
    It's no shame in admitting you've been fooled, Frags. I did the same thing a while back regarding a fake story of christians harassing abortion doctors in southern Norway, and I apologized after I discovered it was a fake.

Now I expect you to figure out whether the story is true and then to one of the following:
    - if true, show proof it's true
    - if fake, humbly apologize for misleading

I see no reason to continue with any debate until that's sorted out. I'll probably continue my digging, but I won't debate it or anything related until I can confirm the story to be true.

I don't know if it is true, but because it's Sweden it's not unthinkable

Edit, it's true by the way
    Last edited by Fragony; 08-30-2013 at 19:52.

Senior Member Senior Member ReluctantSamurai's Avatar

I know it's off-topic, but for some grand entertainment, follow some of the links on the Notice and Discussion Boards on the right hand side of the OP link.....
    High Plains Drifter

Edit, it's true by the way
    Then I expect you to share what you found to lead you to that conclusion, as all I can find makes me damn certain it's a fake.

Then I expect you to share what you found to lead you to that conclusion, as all I can find makes me damn certain it's a fake.
    Can, but won't. That's the price of only taking 'quality media' seriously.

Can, but won't. That's the price of only taking 'quality media' seriously.
    So.............

You have no credible sources, and choose to believe hacks with political views you agree with and won't name.

I'll file this one under 'fake', if you don't mind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast