Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rome 2 Leaked Footage

Default Re: Rome 2 Leaked Footage

For those of you who is wondering what russian dude is sayin':
    He didnt mention where did he get that video, everything else is just commentary, nothing interesting.
    i'll add that i'm very much surprised to see that they got this, this is just some poor e-sports site.
    Last edited by mouzfun; 08-31-2013 at 10:22.

Doesn't really matter when the video shows quite a lot of bugs and numerous mechanic flaws.

Edit: They talk about awesome mo-cap yet everybody flies in the air and gets up at the same time with a lame animation. You'd think that got improved from Rome 1... At least...
    Last edited by BroskiDerpman; 08-31-2013 at 14:24.
    Lets play Divide et Impera, Ptolemy Campaign. Link to full playlist down below!

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...2oIDsmGrPrKpzM

Quote Originally Posted by BroskiDerpman View Post
    Doesn't really matter when the video shows quite a lot of bugs and numerous mechanic flaws.

Edit: They talk about awesome mo-cap yet everybody flies in the air and gets up at the same time with a lame animation. You'd think that got improved from Rome 1... At least...
    It seems that i was filmed at lowest settings possible, maybe animations and such has to do with it.

Not really lowest settings when my Shogun 2 on med-high settings looks like this. Lods and such.

The animations look like its on highest settings from my Shogun 2 experience, lowest settings does not remotely look like the footage shown.

Also CA's own footage's animations look like this.
    Last edited by BroskiDerpman; 08-31-2013 at 15:29.

If that is the current state of the game, then CA should refund people 20% of their purchase and get to bug fixing fast. No wonder they banked so much on pre-orders.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

The ai is still the same ai from Shogun 1 on the battle map. March in formation, then at certain range it chooses which units to engage what. Hence the kamikaze general or criss cross line infantry shooting their own men.

That is what I mean, they really need to take a time out and work on their base. After all these installments we should be seeing an improvement on this front. They really gotta get some back-bone and stand up to their publisher and marketing team and take just one game to improve the foundation before moving on to new things.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

I think CA would rather milk the poor franchise to death...

This is like pre E3 footage.

You say that after getting back from browsing TWC eh? Build seems pretty recent, a few weeks ago and CA would not make any drastic changes so it's mostly what you see is what you get even with day 1 patches.

Conclusion: Game is still heavily flawed.
    Last edited by BroskiDerpman; 08-31-2013 at 20:00.

I'm saying it is as old as it looks.

Boy's Guard Senior Member LeftEyeNine's Avatar

What I've seen look too premature to be RTM. I reckon the reason some Russian dude was able to get his hands on that is since the product is in its alpha stages.

Senior Member Senior Member Barkhorn1x's Avatar

We'll all know for sure on Tuesday.
    "Après moi le déluge"

Quote Originally Posted by Barkhorn1x View Post
    We'll all know for sure on Tuesday.
    This, let me know what's the game like when it's released... :P

Senior Member Senior Member Barkhorn1x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroskiDerpman View Post
    This, let me know what's the game like when it's released... :P
    Will do.
    "Après moi le déluge"

BroskiDerpman and Vuk... the Statler and Waldorf of the org...

"You have the insanity... of a manatee."

Quote Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
    OMG, listen at 5:40! One of the gladiators takes Commodus's line from Gladiator "A SWORD! GIVE ME A SWORD!". Considering they said people could not be disarmed, how the heck does that make any sense?
    Heard that too. It's probably safe to say every Spartan will be yelling "This is Sparta" then.

I hope this is someone that cracked an old preview copy because there are a lot of problems. No gimmick in the world is going to make up for bad AI.
    I like to stream

Member thankful for this post:

Vuk 

Speaking strictly from a QA standpoint, to me this looks like footage from an early build. I'm judging from bugs that weren't evident from more recent footage and the fact that the battle/foot speed in this vid was like it was during the early previews. It's been adjusted since then, although it's still way too fast. I know this game will have many flaws that'll either need to be addressed by CA or by modders, but it would be pretty catastrophic for CA to put out a gold build of a hyped-up title like Rome2 in this condition. I could be wrong though..! Hope not.

The game is absolutely RIFE with gimmicky nonsense though, I really wish these nerdz would stop with that garbage. However, if you look at CA as a company now it's no surprise. Look at the goofy clowns they hire to do their PR for example. Is that not reflective of their game philosophy? That's why we're seeing all this kid stuff. Sometimes they sound like a bunch of little tykes talking about their favorite superheroes (consequently some of the fans as well).

Questions answered by CA;

"Q: How will the Heroes of Sparta be? A: Awesome!"
    "Q: Will Companion Cavalry be awesome? A: YES!"
    "Q: How cool are the Iceni? A: The Iceni are extremely cool..."

EENUFFFFF!

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonska View Post
    Heard that too. It's probably safe to say every Spartan will be yelling "This is Sparta" then.

I hope this is someone that cracked an old preview copy because there are a lot of problems. No gimmick in the world is going to make up for bad AI.
    That sounds funny actually... Forward!!! But... this is Sparta! Not over there >_>

Quote Originally Posted by FesterShinetop View Post
    BroskiDerpman and Vuk... the Statler and Waldorf of the org...
    Just keeping it real.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12