Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Gun Control Study

Default Re: Another Gun Control Study

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh View Post

Panzer:

Xi' specificied "ethnicity" -- a term far more specifically linked to culture. YOU were the one who tossed out the racist jibe. Tell me, are you still hanging on to your copy of "The Protocols of Zion" or keeping your copies of Lenz and Fischer's stuff handy?

On some issues you make a good point or two, then you "balance" it out with vile excrement like that posted above. Loathsome.

Spare me your righteous indignation. Your problem appears to be with statistics, not me. Remove blacks and control for every other socioeconomic factor and America's quality of life metrics fall right in line with Western Europe and the advanced Commonwealth nations. It is quite tiring to read the same stale pontifications on the 'problem' with American culture, each carefully crafted to avoid the obvious. The emperor has no clothes, and black people kill a lot of black people.

I've lived on both sides of the Atlantic and I know that the America I live in, and that ~98% of Americans live in, is no more violent than Western Europe. In fact, I would wager that street crime and randomized violence is a bit lower in most parts of the states, especially in comparison to Britain. America simply has a number of clearly delineated pockets within major urban areas that are quite literally more third world than Somalia. Europe certainly has issues with Muslim immigrants, similar to those we have with Mexican immigrants to an extent, but Europe does not have to deal with a sizable failed minority group in the same way that the US does.

So instead of reaching for obscure, all encompassing, and ultimately meaningless explanations for America's 'violent culture', lets examine the violence as it actually exists, which happens to be almost exclusively within high concentrations of black people.

Quote Originally Posted by GC
    How do you foster a sense of community and brotherhood between disparate groups of people who must either live together or resort to barbarism? What creates the bond, or can it be created? I have some ideas, but I'd love to hear yours.
    I do not have an answer to the black problem. As part of my curriculum in high school, I had to volunteer at a local mission school serving primarily black families. I enjoyed the children and felt like I was having a positive impact on their lives so I continued on for some years after. Watching those sweet little kids that I knew as eight and nine year olds turn into thugs when they hit their teens was one of the saddest, most disappointing parts of my life. I quit after a few years of seeing my original kids growing into a dead end life of dependence and dysfunction. The culture is just too strong, and there is no support at home encouraging them to be anything other than trash.

Given the circumstances in which blacks were brought to this country, I believe few other racial/ethnic groups deserve to thrive in the US more. But you cannot force people to strive for better, you cannot make them take advantage of the benefits society puts in place to help them succeed. The stark reality I've observed in my time living and working among American blacks that isn't often written about is the widely shared satisfaction with it all. They are comfortable with the poverty, the violence, and the failure of the family structure because it is all they know at this point. It's that vicious satisfaction in chaos that limits potential and fosters a 'dream smaller' culture where driving an '86 Chevy Caprice with spinners is a symbol of status and not an embarrassment.

I don't know how to fix the problem, but I do know that blaming it all on the War on Drugs and 'soft racism' is simply perpetuating the victim culture that decimated the black community after the Civil Rights Movement and the Great Society. Asians, Irish, Catholics, Hispanics, Muslims, and all manner of other racial/ethnic groups have undergone intense discrimination in this country and prospered despite it. Only blacks and Native Americans have been allowed to indulge in a seemingly never ending, multi-generational victim status, and look where they are today.
    Last edited by PanzerJaeger; 09-04-2013 at 04:37.

Members thankful for this post (2):

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I believe Panzer errors greatly by seeing the wayward actions or crimes of some black people and acting as though they represent all black people, or that violence and poverty is the defining 'black culture'.

Does anyone talk about white people in trailer parks taking meth like candy as "white culture"? No - we simply label them white trash (thus neatly separating them from 'real' "white culture"), and nobody argues that they represent all white people.

CR
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed Rabbit View Post
    I believe Panzer errors greatly by seeing the wayward actions or crimes of some black people and acting as though they represent all black people, or that violence and poverty is the defining 'black culture'.

Does anyone talk about white people in trailer parks taking meth like candy as "white culture"? No - we simply label them white trash (thus neatly separating them from 'real' "white culture"), and nobody argues that they represent all white people.

CR

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    youtube
    Change it to 'Chav' and you have the 'White Underclass' word for word.

I think it might be socioeconomic related.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

I thought I would post this here because it was supposed to be about Gun Control.

The Colorado Recall Election: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/...ntcmp=trending

It is an op-ed from fox but that aside I think it is what the election was about.

Those were Democrat districts with very high voter turnout. That doesn’t favor Republicans. So you can’t say it was a partisan issue.

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

Member thankful for this post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12