Thread: Building Slots

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Building Slots

I've noticed a problem, or what I think may be a problem.

The building slots are limited in what you can build there- 102 turns in and I have the middle tier of Imperium and four really good legions.

Unfortunately, Rome as a city is something of a hovel; I can't build anything there that matters- i.e. aqueducts. I have 3 cities with aqueducts, libraries, level 3 barracks etc but nothing in Rome.

I have conquered Magna Graeca and no aqueduct there, either.

On a side note maybe I'll come back in a month or two when these things are fixed.

Additionally I'd have to say that the squalor thing is completely out of control.
    Last edited by Naughtius Maximus; 09-09-2013 at 00:07.
    ========================================
    If it's a fair fight, then you didn't plan it properly. - Nick Lappos

Necessity makes even the timid brave. - Sallust

Default Re: Building Slots

Don't have Rome 2 yet but from what I've seen the slots are really limited forcing you to make a ton of compromises. Which can be quite weird when your Rome doesn't even have half of what it has in real life.

I'd just wait for patches since as of now the game isn't worth playing except for laughing at the funny glitches to be honest.
    Last edited by BroskiDerpman; 09-09-2013 at 00:26.
    Lets play Divide et Impera, Ptolemy Campaign. Link to full playlist down below!

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...2oIDsmGrPrKpzM

Senior Member Senior Member ReluctantSamurai's Avatar

Are the number of building slots determined by faction accomplishments/fame, etc., or is it still population based as in the first RTW?
    High Plains Drifter

Think it's population or something along those lines.

Max seems to be 4 slots.
    Lets play Divide et Impera, Ptolemy Campaign. Link to full playlist down below!

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...2oIDsmGrPrKpzM

Quote Originally Posted by BroskiDerpman View Post
    Think it's population or something along those lines.

Max seems to be 4 slots.
    No the max is 7 or 8 and Rome can have 7 or 8.. you just need to feed it more. I've had towns in the middle of the central European jungle with more slots than 4 =p

There's a line of city/town buildings (like castles in previous TW games) and each turn, they generate x amount of growth. When growth fills up, it adds one unit of 'spare population'. Building slots are opened up by spending these units of spare population.

Senior Member Senior Member ReluctantSamurai's Avatar

each turn, they generate x amount of growth
    And what determines how much "x" is? The reason I'm asking these questions is that it seems like some actual thought has to go into what gets built and where (much like the original Shogun with its' provincial bonuses, iron sands, etc.).
    High Plains Drifter

Quote Originally Posted by ReluctantSamurai View Post
    And what determines how much "x" is? The reason I'm asking these questions is that it seems like some actual thought has to go into what gets built and where (much like the original Shogun with its' provincial bonuses, iron sands, etc.).
    I believe x is strictly dependent on the tier of the city/town building. I don't think organic population growth is modelled.