Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Clash Of Gods! 3

Default Re: Clash Of Gods! 3

if those stats aint false i kinda sense the west is underperforming a bit right now.but yea thats okay we gonna rise to fame n glory in this game. its d west baby ouououuu

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ip3tqn
    Most Dope Fresh Artist Out There

DraMatiQue

www.datpiff.com/DraMatiQue-Kill-The-Game-Mixtape.429536.html

Free Mixtape Download

Master of the Universe Member LooseCannon1's Avatar

Well, according to the stats we all went down in overall ranking.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...d=279&id=10477@Myth

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

Turks up. @Nightbringer

I set the Mongols to human because I had forgotten to do it at game launch.
    Last edited by Myth; 09-23-2013 at 20:58.
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

will be able to play my turn tomorrow afternoon :)
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

im on this guys was outta town and theres a lotta siege battles this round just too busy for more of this today. i got this up tomorrow

DraMatiQue

Free Mixtape Download

How do you guys win siege assaults vs. the AI? Do you basically expect to give some casualties in the form of infantry?

I usually assault with 1 ram and as many ladders/towers as I can, and I keep 1 spare ram in case the first one doesn't make it. Once I knock the gates down I send most of my infantry inside, while 2-3 units of infantry make it up the walls to clear them from spears/crossbows/archers. After the blob at the gate is pushed a little bit back, I charge my general and whatever cav I have and make them go through (or rout) the gate defenders.

Once that happens I can stack the walls with my own ranged units and attempt to mop up. But if there is boiling oil the casualties at the gates can be pretty high. Also, In Stainless Steel you really need at least 2 units of trebucehts to knock down the first gate... and there is a second gate inside tier 3 settlements. Gates and walls are very tough and siege is very inaccurate, so i've had bad luck where I ran out of ammo before I could bring down the second gate. I've had to lure the AI out so I can senak in...

In one game, i can't remember which one, I was assaulting Bari which was held by the ERE. 2 units of ERE Generals camped in the inner courtyard of the citadel. They massacred 1800 italian spear militia (which are superior to regular separ militia). And they didn't charge or anything, they just sat there and wailed away untill all the spearmen died.

For GB units, using jav cav or crossbowmen mounted on the walls is the only cost-effective way to kill them IMO (at least early on). Or your own GB units but yours have to be superior (eastern vs. catholic for example)

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    How do you guys win siege assaults vs. the AI? Do you basically expect to give some casualties in the form of infantry?
    With a bit of difficulty, depending on the garrison. Hopefully, most deaths among the crappier units. I like to start with 3X the number of units-just like real life.
    I usually assault with 1 ram and as many ladders/towers as I can, and I keep 1 spare ram in case the first one doesn't make it. Once I knock the gates down I send most of my infantry inside, while 2-3 units of infantry make it up the walls to clear them from spears/crossbows/archers. After the blob at the gate is pushed a little bit back, I charge my general and whatever cav I have and make them go through (or rout) the gate defenders.

Once that happens I can stack the walls with my own ranged units and attempt to mop up. But if there is boiling oil the casualties at the gates can be pretty high. Also, In Stainless Steel you really need at least 2 units of trebucehts to knock down the first gate... and there is a second gate inside tier 3 settlements. Gates and walls are very tough and siege is very inaccurate, so i've had bad luck where I ran out of ammo before I could bring down the second gate. I've had to lure the AI out so I can senak in...
    My luck with towers is almost as bad a s my luck with spies so I tend to use one ram and a lot of ladders. Rushing the gate is also "troubling". My last test siege battle had 2 GB units, when they finally went thru the gate guess how many died? Only the General of the second unit Except for command starts he was the better general.
    In one game, i can't remember which one, I was assaulting Bari which was held by the ERE. 2 units of ERE Generals camped in the inner courtyard of the citadel. They massacred 1800 italian spear militia (which are superior to regular separ militia). And they didn't charge or anything, they just sat there and wailed away untill all the spearmen died.
    Try a custom battle, one 200 man urban spear against one 33 man ERE GB. You'll lose everyone vs. eight kills. I think the +spear defense bonus is broken in SS.
    For GB units, using jav cav or crossbowmen mounted on the walls is the only cost-effective way to kill them IMO (at least early on). Or your own GB units but yours have to be superior (eastern vs. catholic for example)
    As many archers as possible with cavalry coming around behind. Then hope they rush you down a street and you can trap them with spears and an armour-piercing unit.

guess theres something broken or sh u know the game crashed on me the 2nd time with the same battle im just pissed now u know its a huge siege battle and when the victory screen was up it took me straight to the desctopthink i ve wasted more that 1 hour on this already fd really and i got no idea whats wrong there some graphic failure or whatever no clue what d problem is or anything stupid sh .guess all i could do is give this a another try later again today then really aint up for that kinda sh anymore now

DraMatiQue

Free Mixtape Download

man finally that was kinda rough. just hate siege battles specially when they crash after victory and u ve already put a lotta time into this battle. glad thisis through now

hre up
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/znwwf5

i think as for siege battles most of the time i just let the computer sally and kill it on the field. i guess thats still the best way to clear out any settlement.think it aint that easy anymore tho now that spies are banned from opening gates and its either just rams or siege weaponary but yea thats okay. tho u know when its a fully garrisoned fortress and the garrision is too heavy on cav i just go for an ordinary siege battle then tho u know i rather go for rams and wait another turn coz unless u can sneak in through the second gate its likely that 1 trebucket wont do the thing. also think i ve never really had the computer attacking me as it did last round where it took away my sacking option.kinda strange
    Last edited by SilverShield; 09-28-2013 at 04:10.

DraMatiQue

Free Mixtape Download

Gracul AI will attack you, either by sallying or just out in the field. And in an SS hotseat you won't be able to fight the battle. That will make the game tougher (and more fun).

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...d=279&id=10480Here's a Golden Horde/Fatamids turn for you, @Myth

The AI just lifted the siege of Acre vs. my armies. It autocalced for the win, and took out 2 of my generals in the process!! Those CS troops pack a mean punch vs. the lightweight Egyptians...
    @Nightbringer Turks up.

think the west is taking up speed now.good thing. also seeing the possibility of me just having lil to zero access to the web the next two or three days so guess i d be good with a slight extension then already in case my turn was up

http://www.sendspace.com/file/m7jx2j

DraMatiQue

Free Mixtape Download

The AI army I couldn't find last turn reappeared and seiged a town. The only good thing was my last unit took out the AI general. Damn Gracul AI

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...d=279&id=10483 @Myth

I was on 3 business trips, Wednesday to Friday. Today i'm in another town and it's my birthday btw. I'll do this when i get back on Monday.

Turks up @Nightbringer

Sorry for the delay everyone

DraMatiQue

Free Mixtape Download

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...d=279&id=10486 More Golden Horde armies for you to remove, . @Myth

I will do this on Sunday.

So how is the game progressing for the rest of you guys? I take it you saw the "Jerusalem Captured" video?

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    I will do this on Sunday.

So how is the game progressing for the rest of you guys? I take it you saw the "Jerusalem Captured" video?
    No, did you capture Jerusalem? My Antipope is already on his way there to preach to the unwashed. Most start of turn messages do not show up in hotseats. They only appear when you play faction after faction without sending the save to someone else.. Wierd part of the program

Except for that disappearing/reappearing AI army my game is progressing nicely Only caused a slight hiccup in my plans.

Reasonably well, although hearing about all the ai surprises you guys are getting has maybe made me a little overcautious.

Quote Originally Posted by LooseCannon1 View Post
    No, did you capture Jerusalem? My Antipope is already on his way there to preach to the unwashed. Most start of turn messages do not show up in hotseats. They only appear when you play faction after faction without sending the save to someone else.. Wierd part of the program

Except for that disappearing/reappearing AI army my game is progressing nicely Only caused a slight hiccup in my plans.
    It's Late Era so the TO might give you some trouble. I think disbanding their re-spawning stacks is fair if we remove the Golden Horde too, so let me know if you've taken all their cities already.

NB: If you see a guy dressed in black and white and with a pointy hat, send a Turkish assassin on him to help him meet his God faster.

i believe france its situation is pretty decent. guess i missed out on 1 or 2 cities already coz the computer actually made some smart moves but yea think thats just a another 1 or 2 rounds then to make good for this. think we r on a good way to experience an epic war in this game.gonna do like this for sure

DraMatiQue

Free Mixtape Download

France started with a lower settlement count than Egypt yet this turn you're 2 settlement above me (or more), so good job on that expansion!

u know the biggest problem for me right now is some adequate reinforcement coz those unit pools just recharge that slowly

was outta town guys

her up
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/s1zvz1
    Last edited by SilverShield; 10-17-2013 at 21:27.

DraMatiQue

Free Mixtape Download

France is at a disadvantage when it comes to cavalry. You got the quality but the quantity is low and the expenses are absurd. 800 in upkeep for French knights is absurd. Especially since 2 units of desert cav will shred them in the field.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast