Thread: Installation Issues

Assassins Guild Member The Outsider's Avatar

Default Installation Issues

Hey guys, I wanted to start a thread for those who encounter problems while trying to install the game. This way, we might be able to give some advice. So now, let me be the first example in this manner. :D I was on vacation in uk and bought me collectors edition copy of Rome 2. I came back to Cyprus yerterday and as you would imagine tried to install my game. But no. After entering the steam application code the game tells me that it is not available to purchase in my region. What the hell? I have bought all my previous total war games including empire and shogun 2, from uk and played them in Cyprus. Hell I have even ordered steam supported pc games from the states and they work fine so what the ***** is wrong with this one? Any advice would be greatly appricieted.
    Last edited by Lemur; 09-09-2013 at 21:21. Reason: Fixed typo in thread title

Default Re: Installation Issues

Definitely strange. There's absolutely no reason a retail version bought in the UK wouldn't work in Cyprus (assuming you live in the southwest). CA's release notes:

Physical copies and digital keys for ROME II purchased in these territories will only work within these territories:

• China, Taiwan, & Hong Kong
    • Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, & Myanmar
    • Russia + CIS
    • India
    • Turkey

Also, copies purchased elsewhere in the world outside of those regions listed, will not work within those regions.
    For example, if you are in India you must purchase your copy of ROME II from a retailer located in India. Please check with your retailer if you have any questions.
    This affects only those regions listed.
    I'd suggest contacting Steam tech support and have them check your activation key.

God damn it. This is insane. Now I get it. I am living in north Cyprus. Which gets its internet connection through Turkey. So the bloody steam thinks that I m in Turkey. I had no chance of buying the game here or going to Turkey just to buy it. I dont know how I will get around this...

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    I dont know how I will get around this...
    I'd consider emailing both Steam and CA and explaining your activation problem. Somebody will take pity on you and send a new one.

Well I have sent an email to both. I will update when I hear something.

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

You are a paying customer, so as soon as someone notices, they will likely try to address the region problem.

Member thankful for this post:

About installation issues, just to share my experience : 2 days after I installed it, I still couldn't launch this game (It was before the patch and forums were a mess).
    Until I :
    _closed steam
    _erased every content in AppData/Roaming/CreativeAssembly/Rome 2
    _reinstalled vcredist by clicking on the exe in Rome 2 main folder
    _cleaned a bit with CCCleaner
    _launched steam, but not automatically, as advised on steam support : I disconnected from my account, and then connected again by entering my account name and password
    Hope it's clear since english isn't my mother tongue. I'm not sure that every step is so important except vcredist reinstallation, maybe the cleaning of appdata file and the way to reconnect on ones steam account that (it might reboot something in the steamapp).