Thread: Changing Unit Cost - db/unit_tables/units not working in PFM

Default Changing Unit Cost - db/unit_tables/units not working in PFM

Anybody know how I can change unit stats (specifically cost) in Rome2? I think it should be in the db/unit_tables/units file, but when I open that section in PFM only the column headers load. No row names or data. Not sure if I am just looking in the wrong place or if I need to handle this file differently in PFM.

I don't have a lot of experience modding Warscape, so any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

The Philosopher Duke Member Suraknar's Avatar

Default Re: Changing Unit Cost - db/unit_tables/units not working in PFM

I have not dived in to modding R2 yet.

I want to finish at least a campaign before starting to change things. Albeit Modding Income/Money is really tempting...making <200 dinar per turn is ludicrous... for my style of play that is...all I want is Conquest Diplomacy and Glorious Battles...I really do not want to bother with Commercial/Financial Stuff...and never have in any of the TW games...

Is PFM fully compatible with R2?
    Duke Surak'nar
    "Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ"
    Traveled to: Over 70 Countries, most recent: and

~ Ask not what modding can do for you, rather ask what you can do for modding ~
    ~ Everyone dies, not everyone really fights ~

The Philosopher Duke Member Suraknar's Avatar

Hello again, did some diggin, because I had doubts anyone would answer you and I wanted to know as well what is going on. Now days people are more interested in Publishing mods rather than sharing how they did it so others can do it too.

Anyways...

After some diggin, it would seem that the PFM is not fully compatible with Rome II.

There are some tweaks to do to be able to edit land_units_tables or main_units.

1. First download the schema file .. from here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/gv0dsd

2. Then download PFM and put the schema file here

3. Now open any mod pack or data_rome2.pack in PFM

4. Find land_units_tables or main_units and edit units to your hearts content!

Source/Credits: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...dit-unit-stats

Also make sure you have PFM 3.0.2, maybe you do not need the shema file after all with latest version.

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...hlight=Modding

I am not modding yet with PFM (want to play a vanila Campaign first, no mods), so for any Tech issues please refer to the appropriate links.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Suraknar; 09-14-2013 at 22:50.
    Duke Surak'nar
    "Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ"
    Traveled to: Over 70 Countries, most recent: and

~ Ask not what modding can do for you, rather ask what you can do for modding ~
    ~ Everyone dies, not everyone really fights ~

thx