Thread: Unit Comps - What do you like the most at the moment?

Default Unit Comps - What do you like the most at the moment?

Just curious what people have been playing around with. What do you like about -- hate about it ?

Outside of the exploitable stuff at the moment of course. Answers like-- First you get pikes, then you get some more pikes, and once you think you have enough pikes... you get more pikes and you win everything, aren't really going create a hotbed of discussion.
    I like to stream

Default Re: Unit Comps - What do you like the most at the moment?

I keep a relatively balanced Roman MP Deck.

Just because I'm a fan of Pre-Marion reform fighting I use Hastati and their troop line.

5 Hastati
    5 Principes
    3 Triarii
    2 Cav
    2 Archers
    2 Skirmishers

The way I move them up a huge majority of players think I leave my hastati flanks open and immediately go between my lines and around them. My Equites and Triarii normally hold off the flanks. The enemy who go between the gaps in my hastati to attack them on the side or rear get a flank/rear attack from my principes. The Skirmishers I normally deploy in a long line right in front of my hastati while the archers sit behind the principes and pepper units they are engaged with.

The majority of the time I win those battles. The only ones I have trouble with are the people who spam Spartans. Their Morale and Fighting stats are too high to deal with normally.
    Last edited by Veho Nex; 09-12-2013 at 19:54.
    Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you,
    By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
    Quote Originally Posted by North Korea
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

1 Oathsworn general, 1-2 Noble cav (beats Catas head on), a ton of Oathsworn and some filler units if I want to soak up missile fire from ai.

1 Heroes of Sparta general, 2 cav units, rest are the best Spartan phalangites you can get.

1 Legatus, 1-2 Praetorian cav, a ton of Praetorian Gaurd, some legionaries to fill in slots, gladiators fill in any remaining cash.

1 Egyptian gen (If there's foot melee get it) Royal pikes then Galatians, no cav.

Yeah I know it's all spams.... Hehehe.

( This is from a video I watched and the player never lost, I'm still waiting later to buy Rome 2)
    Last edited by BroskiDerpman; 09-12-2013 at 20:38.
    Lets play Divide et Impera, Ptolemy Campaign. Link to full playlist down below!

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...2oIDsmGrPrKpzM

Not much has changed then.