Thread: The game just doesn't have an AI (yet)

Default The game just doesn't have an AI (yet)

In a lot of cases the AI is bad which isn't exactly surprising but then there are those kinds of situations where it is not there and I don't mean as in really stupid or something like that, it just literally isn't there, like there is a point where AI scripting stops and the AI ceases to work. It happens a lot and by a lot I mean all the time when the AI tries to land ships somewhere and assault a town...

You get situations like this: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/...CABE1D4247215/

The AI just sits there. It drops it's units off on the beach and plonk, that's it, end of line or something.

Default Re: The game just doesn't have an AI (yet)

This happens every time to you? Wow... Not going to say much as I've been warned by mods.

I wonder does CA know much about this?
    Lets play Divide et Impera, Ptolemy Campaign. Link to full playlist down below!

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...2oIDsmGrPrKpzM

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Im sure they know, the latest patch, from all reports, has made the campaign AI much better than it previously was. I can only imagine that the Battle AI is on the docket as well.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

That's good news, if Radious and other modders can optimize the ai (Performance can be too by modders) and tweak it like in Shogun 2 then the campaign will be good.

The problem is according to Radious and several other modders; BAI can't be modded, only some formations (Not like in Medieval 2) can be switched around. Thus leaving the brunt of the work on CA.

If CA can improve BAI then this game will be better by quite a bit as many complaints come from it.
    Last edited by BroskiDerpman; 09-14-2013 at 02:14. Reason: Wrong wording, never meant to say the game was great. :P
    Lets play Divide et Impera, Ptolemy Campaign. Link to full playlist down below!

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...2oIDsmGrPrKpzM

Yeah it seems like AI either works pretty decently, or just doesnt work at all. I have too many times where I play and they just don't move in siege battles unless I break the ice.

Quote Originally Posted by GarytheGreat View Post
    Yeah it seems like AI either works pretty decently, or just doesnt work at all. I have too many times where I play and they just don't move in siege battles unless I break the ice.
    Ugh that is super annoying... When they siege your town and you just bunker up because.. what else are you going to do in a siege... And then the AI fails and sits there counting birds and watching the grass grow. It is really annoying when they bring an army you -should- really lose to and then you can win by not doing anything. It makes me feel a little cheap, breaks every last bit of immersion and is a little boring.

I'm actually currently in a battle now just watching the time go down because my army is in a forest and the AI either just doesn't see me or just doesn't care. 15 minutes left on fast forward to see what happens here.

The army (and the reinforcements) just marched to the line where both army would meet if they default placed and is just sitting there. I'm just out of range in a bit of trees. Maybe I'll take a screenshot.

Edit - Decisive Victory. No losses at all. Amazing.
    Last edited by AntiDamascus; 09-18-2013 at 05:10.