Thread: How to edit files?? (removing inquisitors)

Default How to edit files?? (removing inquisitors)

I understand that you have to go to a certain file and set them to 0.5 per region or something like that but when I went to data1 and clicked extract to data1 a notice came up saying the file is either broken or corrupt. I'd really appreciate if anybody could point me in the right direction as this is such a great game to play.

I have bought the Medieval 2 white label disc. The white label version came out in 2008

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Default Re: How to edit files?? (removing inquisitors)

Welcome to the Org, risky!

This subforum is for the first MTW, but it sounds like you are talking Medieval 2. I can move this thread if that's the case, or I can tell you how to get rid of the papal troublemakers in the old-school version.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

I'm sure its the same in the old as it is in the new. I honestly don't know what the logic was behind implementing those inquisitors they've wiped out my whole family even though I build churches, follow pope missions, kill off the supernatural arseholes etc

Quote Originally Posted by risky View Post
    I'm sure its the same in the old as it is in the new.
    By "the first MTW", I mean the one released in 2002, not Medieval II, released in 2006. There is a pretty big difference, completely different engine, if you don't see this intro you are talking about Med II.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

Quote Originally Posted by drone View Post
    By "the first MTW", I mean the one released in 2002, not Medieval II, released in 2006. There is a pretty big difference, completely different engine, if you don't see this intro you are talking about Med II.
    Im talking about med 2 yes. Do you know how I can remove inquisitors from this one? I just wanna fight the factions not the pope.

I'm not familiar with M2TW modding, let me move this to the Medieval 2 Mod Question forum. @Nelson and company should be able to help you out.

Thanks drone. I am surprised I haven't gotten an answer yet though. I just played as Sicily on hard and attacked Spain who were excommunicated since almost the beginning... as soon as they were reconciled the pope told me not to attack them. It's just a waste of time really considering I pulled out of Hungary for the exact same reason. I just wanna get rid of this element of the game so that I can focus on attacking whoever I want to.