Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 4

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default Battlefield 4

29th of October, the new release in the Battlefield series. New engine, more destruction, more weapons, different maps.

Anyone excited? Anyone pre-ordering?
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

Default Re: Battlefield 4

It looks nice, but I don't want to buy a new PC every 2 years just to play this game. Levolution looks really nice, but then again, there's only 10 maps. My backlog and Paradox games, along with college, will probably keep me busy for the next 6 months.
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

Console crap if you ask me.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

Setting wise, it's the same, but considering the fact that I've had a lot of fun playing Battlefield 3, I say BF4 will bring at least as much fun as the predecessor.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

I'd consider at least if it wasn't released by EA. Unfortunately it is, and I've got a standing policy of never doing business with them, ever. So, guess I'll miss it.

Not losing any sleep over it, just looks like an amp'd up version of BF3 to me, and unless the commander mode truly makes an operational difference, we'll be faced with the same MP challenges, which are: the engagements are often lop sided because the game design fails to balance the teams (even though as far back as quake we ran macros to do this very thing), 2nd, there are too many players not playing as a team to accomplish objectives (again, the game design fails to contend with this in say a way Valve did with L4D, where inherent in the game itself is the need to cooperate because w/o it members of your four man squad die), and lastly weapon balance is never considered to achieve individual player competence (this is also inherent in the game design due to leveling and combined arms) so there's absolutely no balance to this at all.

Add it all up, and while it produces on the right map a good flavor of the all chaos of modern war, it doesn't in reality produce a very satisfying game experience, it just makes a really good advertisement video.

Oh, and this season pass, pay year round thing EA is working into as well, yep, I never participate in that nonsense either. Same reason I never played WOW. If you think to play a game I'm going to pay you a monthly fee, you're on something. Masquerading it as something else doesn't fool me.

Net: PASS

Commander Mode can be a game changer over here, because you have the opportunity to place directional strikes and actively guide your team, which in the case of a cohesive unit, can change the course of the round.

BF4 Beta is out on the 1st of October, so we'll see then.

Proud

Been to:

We'll see, in all likelihood it will prove the new great weapon in the hands of griefers or completely ineffective and meaningless in the hands of the incompetent.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Graphics wise it looks just like BF3. Im very happy to see the commander mode back in, but I think Ill wait until it goes on sale before I get it. Also I wont be happy if theres another BF3 Premium thing again.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

I guess I just burned out of realistic shooters a long time ago.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AntiDamascus View Post
    Same. Anything which has 'perked me up' a little is Titanfall, just as it looks and acts completely different, even if it is the 'Call of Duty' guys behind it. I might not buy or play 2+3+4+5+spinoffs, but at least they are doing something innovative than banging the same old Fifa drum.

But I have to admit, I really liked the look of the trailer.
    Last edited by Beskar; 09-22-2013 at 22:38.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

At my age, I've seen better stories and it's the same thing that turned me off Madden type games eventually. It eventually becomes the same over and over.

BF4 Premium has already been announced, and you can already pre-order it if you're interested.

Proud

Been to:

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

It looks incredible, I like my games to be more focused though, in a shooter I just want to shoot. Battlefield games aren't really my thing I only play team-deathmatch. Smaller maps, no objectives. I am thus basicly missing out on the whole experience but I prefer it that way. More of a COD guy I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    More of a COD guy I guess
    Where is that ignore button at?
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiDamascus View Post
    BF realistic? lolzer.

Operation Metro and Grand Bazaar somewhat replicate the COD type maps, so expect something like those in BF4 as well.

You are missing out tho on some great fun, I love some of the AK and Aftermath maps.

Proud

Been to:

Weapon customisation in detail.

Proud

Been to:

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Weapon customization doesnt really do it for me. Player customization though (different skins, models, etc) is a huge plus. IF BF4 had that i'd be pretty into it.

I've stayed out of the BF cycle for the last two games. I will likely get 4 just to have a decent MP shooter. I find myself lacking really good competitive multiplayer games

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edyzmedieval View Post
    Operation Metro and Grand Bazaar somewhat replicate the COD type maps, so expect something like those in BF4 as well.

You are missing out tho on some great fun, I love some of the AK and Aftermath maps.
    I just want my Rainbow Six back

meh

I actually like the weapon customisation, plus the amount of different options you have now makes it easier to customise weapons based on the map you're playing.

Proud

Been to:

This is getting me annoyingly excited for this game. Any word on if there will be a premium-like service again, and more importantly, if we already got it for BF3, do we need to subscribe again for BF4? Because if so, Im out.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    This is getting me annoyingly excited for this game. Any word on if there will be a premium-like service again, and more importantly, if we already got it for BF3, do we need to subscribe again for BF4? Because if so, Im out.
    Here comes the bad news: http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4/premium
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

haha, like we needed any warning about bad news when EA is involved

You can try the BETA before the game comes out, it's out on the 3rd of October for everyone. (1st of October for Premium members and pre-orders)

Proud

Been to:

Official map list, with some funky names.

- Siege of Shanghai

- Paracel Storm

- Zavod 311

- Lancang Dam

- Flood Zone

- Rogue Transmission

- Hainan Resort

- Dawnbreaker

- Operation Locker

- Golmud Railway
    Apparently Zavod 311 is a Soviet map, quite interesting here when it comes to the details.

Zavod 311 puts players in a Soviet tank factory that dates back to the Cold War era. Long abandoned, Mother Nature has completely taken over the facility and now overgrown trees and bushes cover the compound. Deep within the factory is an active warhead, which players can detonate to send a towering chimney crashing to the ground. Doing this opens up gameplay paths and routes previously not available while closing others, and making the use of ground vehicles extremely difficult in the area. Players will also find munitions depots filled with highly explosive materials spread across the map that they can use to their advantage.
    http://blogs.battlefield.com/2013/09...efield-4-maps/

Proud

Been to:

BF4 just started pre-loading for me, it says it will unlock on the 1st.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

I have not even seen any of these games since like 1942, are they PC games? How much did you have to pay to get it?

Yes its on PC and console. Right now the beta is free.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Same here, pre-loading, hoping for a good Beta.

Proud

Been to:

Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    Yes its on PC and console. Right now the beta is free.
    Shame you have to install Origin to get to it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast