Thread: Parthia satrapies help

Default Parthia satrapies help

I started a new campaign last night as Parthia, after i finished a campaign as Macedon, where, every time i was conquering the last settlement of a faction or the only settlement a faction had, i had the options of, ocupy, raze, loot and make client state.
    With Parthia i have destroied 2 different factions so far, by taking their last settlement, but neither gave me the option of turn them into satrapies, has any one any idea if and why this is hapening or is it a bug?

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

Default Re: Parthia satrapies help

Probably not all factions have it. The Averni have the option to "liberate" settlements which were the starting settlement of a now destroyed faction, thus ressurrecting that faction (so they can spawn Sparta or Carthage back in the game if they so desire) but insteaed they don't have the clent state option (they do have a Confederacy option tough)
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    Probably not all factions have it. The Averni have the option to "liberate" settlements which were the starting settlement of a now destroyed faction, thus ressurrecting that faction (so they can spawn Sparta or Carthage back in the game if they so desire) but insteaed they don't have the clent state option (they do have a Confederacy option tough)
    I see, sounds interesting, this differentiation, there is an option in diplomacy menu, to turn a faction into satrapy, so i asumed that something was missing from the campaign options.
    Thank you very much.

Lol, maybe I should play Parthia, to protect me from myself. Every time I'm whaling on someone and they offer to give up and become a CS, I tend to take it, if for some reason I don't want their remaining territory at that stage of the game. And then later I wind up regretting having left them around as a CS.

This happens In legendary difficulty?
    i will try also.

Well, no option for CS for Parthia exept the diplomacy menu,but i believe from what ive seen during my previous campaign as Macedon, at least with patch 2, its like trying to get trade agreement, no chance at all.
    And the funny thing was that there was a time i had 18 CS, some of them fighting with each other.

It will be interesting without the option for Parthia, trying to purely conquer and hold 140 settlements to win.

Quote Originally Posted by nearchos View Post
    It will be interesting without the option for Parthia, trying to purely conquer and hold 140 settlements to win.
    Yep, that's what I'm doing in my 2nd campaign right now. First time, I made a lot of clients (and got some MAs). As the game went on though, these guys mainly just got in the way and caused headaches. They'd lose territory to rebels...MY territory for Vic Conditions, so I'd have to go in and get that region back. Or they'd fight each other, making me choose between them. Or they'd "helpfully" join one of my wars and then just sit and perpetually blockade a port I wanted to conquer.

So this time around, I'm trying to follow a strict "No MA/CS!" rule. No NAPs either. I'll trade with folks, but that's it. But of course, I've already broken my rule once...Macedon wanted to make peace, and I didn't want their last settlement yet, because it was in a province where I'd have to make war against two other decently large factions to complete the province. (I'm kinda OCD that once I have one settlement, I've just GOT to complete the province). So I told 'em I'd make peace if they'd go client. Kinda surprised me that they agreed.

And yep, I'm already regretting it. CS or not, their hostility is still through the roof because of the previous war, and Macedonian agents are running around making themselves a complete pain in the arse. Which obtw, seems to be another new thing since Patch3. Previously, I don't remember hostile factions executing agent actions against me unless we were actually at war. Now it's happening quite a bit, and not just with Macedon. Cyrenaica is pelting my Africa cities with agent actions...and I've never even had any dealings with them...the only diplo modifier is the mild game-start cultural aversion.

I will definately try patch 3 tonight, (if i understand corectly you run the patch 3) and then restart my Parthia campaign to compare the two versions.
    In the campaign i completed, no body backstabed me, and all the agents were just walking by my teritories, as well as their armies, standing besides my settlements doing nothing.
    I just didnt bother with them.

When in war, there were times, that the enemy agents imobilized my army but that was all, no enemy army was exploiting the situation.

As for Parthia satrapies, im in the 43 turn now and 11 settlements, 16 total as Parthia has a millitary aliance with Dahae who have also expanded, and until now, i have destroyed 4 factions.
    The first 3, when i captured their last settlement, as i have allready posted, the options i had were, occupy, loot and raze.
    Last night i captured the last settlement of Media Apopatene and miracle, i have an aditional option, to turn them into my satrapy..

Has anyone an idea why is this happening? Is it the turn, the no of settlements?

Quote Originally Posted by nearchos View Post
    As for Parthia satrapies, im in the 43 turn now and 11 settlements, 16 total as Parthia has a millitary aliance with Dahae who have also expanded, and until now, i have destroyed 4 factions.
    The first 3, when i captured their last settlement, as i have allready posted, the options i had were, occupy, loot and raze.
    Last night i captured the last settlement of Media Apopatene and miracle, i have an aditional option, to turn them into my satrapy..

Has anyone an idea why is this happening? Is it the turn, the no of settlements?
    It may be related to a possible coding problem in the game, related to factions that start as satrapies (or at least those of Seleucid, i.e. parthava, sardes). I noticed, in my Parthian campaign, that my options in diplomacy w/ these factions are for some reason always limited, even if they've become 'independent' from the Seleucids. If it is indeed a mere oversight by CA (and not some other reason such as a gimmick CA plans to use in a future dlc), then i hope they fix it by patch soon.

GAMEROOM
    Come & Play

VINLAND SAGA

Quote Originally Posted by glyphz View Post
    It may be related to a possible coding problem in the game, related to factions that start as satrapies (or at least those of Seleucid, i.e. parthava, sardes). I noticed, in my Parthian campaign, that my options in diplomacy w/ these factions are for some reason always limited, even if they've become 'independent' from the Seleucids. If it is indeed a mere oversight by CA (and not some other reason such as a gimmick CA plans to use in a future dlc), then i hope they fix it by patch soon.
    Aaa yes, this makes sence, the 3 first factions were allready satrapies of the Seleucids, while Media Apopatene was indepentend from the start.

Thank you very much, i agree that this needs fixing, since you capture the last settlement, so it is obvious that the Parent faction is in no possition to protect its CS, there should be the option to turn on you for protection.
    Last edited by nearchos; 10-04-2013 at 08:47.