Thread: Cultural victory

Default Cultural victory

I've met the requirements for a cultural victory a couple of turns ago and it's just sitting there. Is there supposed to be some fancy little movie or at least a written notification that my campaign is now over? ^^

Default Re: Cultural victory

No idea, haven't gone for that type yet. All the sub-conditions are check-marked in the victory tab?

Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

I'd be interested in hearing the answer to this as well, since my eco victory is borked /w not enough trade partners, I've switched to cultural.

Or by god military if necessary, just so long as I know what signifies victory when I see it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bramborough View Post
    No idea, haven't gone for that type yet. All the sub-conditions are check-marked in the victory tab?
    I was going to go for military but then I realised that on the way there, I more or less 'picked up' cultural victory. Everything is ticked and nothing has happened yet. I even have 36/35 provinces where my culture is dominant. I can't help but think I am missing something.

That's the sort of thing that worries me, spend all this time, get all the boxes checked, and then....nothing.

It's worked now, a couple of turns late I think but better late than never XD

Tell me there's more than just a menu screen saying victory, they did make a vid of some kind right?

I've been seeing Triumph videos for my generals the whole campaign btw, no idea what that signifies if anything.

There is a video yeah. Generals that destroy a faction get a triumph, which gives the general in question a trait (+6 public order).

Yep, I got a decent video for a military. Hopefully there's a different vid for each victory type; the one I saw did look military-specific, lots of marching legions, fighting, etc.

My last couple of triumphs came from schwacking some rebel army stacks. So apparently stamping out a rebelled region counts, in addition to killing off a proper faction. The region in question was not originally my own; that might make a difference.

Ah, good to know both pieces of info, thx.

Now if I can just secure one of the sets of victory conditions and put this first campaign to bed!

I still think economic victory needs a serious tweak. My thought is 90 settlements is a bit too high, as a result of grabbing that many your not afforded the ability to keep in the game and on good terms enough factions to complete the 20. In addition to that, they need to fix the negotiations. The 10% business is broken. And factions insisting on hundreds of thousands for trade rights and still refusing is clearly not working right.

SP4

I'm not seeing Basilica of Jupiter, I keep running into Precinct of Jupiter and then there's not option for Pantheon.

I'm building this in the province capital too, in fact I'm trying to build it in Rome.

Any ideas what I'm missing here?

This is all I've got left on a culture victory.

Just finished a precinct of jupiter and it led to pantheon option, must be naming error in the build chain I guess
    Last edited by easytarget; 10-01-2013 at 02:11. Reason: added last line after looking again

They're the same. Patch3beta changed the "Basilicas" into "Precincts"...not sure why.

Wonder why they would do that?! Just makes it more confusing. And if they were going to change it, change it in the encyclopedia as well.

Quote Originally Posted by easytarget View Post
    SP4

I'm not seeing Basilica of Jupiter, I keep running into Precinct of Jupiter and then there's not option for Pantheon.

I'm building this in the province capital too, in fact I'm trying to build it in Rome.

Any ideas what I'm missing here?

This is all I've got left on a culture victory.

Just finished a precinct of jupiter and it led to pantheon option, must be naming error in the build chain I guess
    Yeah it confused me as well. There are some problems with the Roman buildings. There is no Basilica, it's Precincts instead. Also, the picture for the L4 toilet is missing and it shows the L5 one, which can then be upgraded to L5, so it goes I>II>III>V>V

Quote Originally Posted by Bramborough View Post
    Yep, I got a decent video for a military. Hopefully there's a different vid for each victory type; the one I saw did look military-specific, lots of marching legions, fighting, etc.
    Nope, won 2nd campaign via culture victory. Same video, I guess it's just "Rome Wins!" regardless of victory type.

Same vid regardless, sigh. Thx

I would have hoped winning via being everyone's friend (more so) and killing everyone who looked at you funny would give two different videos but oh well.

Oh come on.. they stopped making videos about half way through (or were only half way done with them by the time they released the game). Did you really expect there to be however many factions there are x 3 unique videos just for ending the campaign? I wouldn't be surprised if Rome is the only faction that actually has an ending video.

Actually that was my follow up question, is Rome the only faction with an ending video?

Quote Originally Posted by easytarget View Post
    Actually that was my follow up question, is Rome the only faction with an ending video?
    I'll let you know once I figure out what faction I like to play next but I think someone else will be done with a campaign before that =p

"Congrats, you won as the {Insert faction here}!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sp4 View Post
    There is a video yeah. Generals that destroy a faction get a triumph, which gives the general in question a trait (+6 public order).
    I'm assuming those triumph vids are only for the roman campaign because I've not seen anything like that playing as Pontus.

All the good stuff is for the Romans, that's why they called the game Total Rome or something.

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

I was suprised that I received no household items as the avernii... Must be all Roman too. Well, Rome burned just fine without the warleader having a +5% armour household item...
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    I was suprised that I received no household items as the avernii... Must be all Roman too. Well, Rome burned just fine without the warleader having a +5% armour household item...
    That seems strange. My Pontus generals are getting plenty of household retainers. And even better...they don't go insane within 10 turns of being recruited....

Sparta have a victory video, so I'd assume other factions do too.