Thread: AI Disembarking Problem

Default AI Disembarking Problem

So im a long way into my Spartan campaign and ive run into this before but it never made me as mad as it just did. I am fighting the Celtic Confederation and the Advernii in the north and they landed on one of my coastal settlements. So instead of losing 1000 guys needlessly I met their 5000+ Army on the field of battle!!!!

My 1000 guys fought like gods and actually I won the battle! Well except for the fact that one Celtic slinger unit wont disembark and route properly..... What can I do to fix this?
    If living is nothing dieing is nothing then nothing is everything and everything is nothing

Default Re: AI Disembarking Problem

Wait until the battle timer runs out or position a unit of your army ontop of them, so they're forced to fight.

I assume when the timer runs out you'll be victorious right?

You can also try moving 3-4 units on top of the ship. If the ship deck is close enough to the ground your men can dislodge the remaining enemy.

I play with no time limits and I tried that moving units to force and neither works
    If living is nothing dieing is nothing then nothing is everything and everything is nothing

Yeah that's why I restarted my first campaign. I thought why do I need a battle time limit? Who needs a time limit, screw that!

Until I realised.. oh so that's why there is an option to enable 'debug mode'.

You've probably already tried it, but do you have any missile units you can move within range and enable Fire at Will? Dunno if it would work or not, just an idea. If flaming shot available, might even catch the ship on fire and burn it out from under the guy.

I had a problem where my naval units got stuck on a rock formation and couldn't move. Turns out they veeery slooowly were moving around it and eventually landed by the time the fight was over. Never had them get caught mid disembark though.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiDamascus View Post
    I had a problem where my naval units got stuck on a rock formation and couldn't move. Turns out they veeery slooowly were moving around it and eventually landed by the time the fight was over. Never had them get caught mid disembark though.
    Then you are pretty lucky. I had this bug happen all over the place before they said they'd tried fixing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bramborough View Post
    You've probably already tried it, but do you have any missile units you can move within range and enable Fire at Will? Dunno if it would work or not, just an idea. If flaming shot available, might even catch the ship on fire and burn it out from under the guy.
    all I had left after my epic last stand was 2 slinger units. And they couldn't target any of the guys on the ship is was rather heated.... I ended up going anf refighting the battle with a time limit and winning again ;)

You can turn time limits on an off mid campaign? Wish I'd known that >_>

yea just go in under game settings

How many campaigns did you restart because you didn't know that? ;)

In Rome2, just one but I wasn't very far into it. I remember you not being able to change this setting once a campaign had started in older games (Like M2 old)