Thread: my arverni dynasty is about to die out...

Default my arverni dynasty is about to die out...

in my arverni campaign i never adopted Guys into the dynasty so long, and no use of client rulers - but still i get no successors - just measly two childs in whole dynasty after 12 years of campaign start.

is there some bug known about them?

well right now the existing FM´s are also in the years where realistically no childs are born ...but i dont get it, they had time before and i quite quickly conquered Gaul Provinces so actually the FM/Regio ratio was in favor to produce offspring (at least in other campaigns it worked fine)

in the first ten years i only had the old Verrix and his four sons ...and soon more regions.. by now the whole transalpine Gaul Regions and Belgae.

but my new Faction Leader is constantly asked about to adopt some ...now, since i got no own childs and in need of some Governors i adopted two and one granted after good fight - means now after 12 years alltogether 6 FM´s and 12 Regions! ..but besides constantly adoption offers (and always regarding only the King) no childs.

would be pleased about experiences about that,
    thanks Kleitos
    Last edited by Kleitos; 10-04-2013 at 17:32.

Default Re: my arverni dynasty is about to die out...

maybe he is infertile

Sometimes you are offered Arverni to adopt, I accept them if they arent too old/worthless

well no, none of my FM´s has this trait - rather one has the fruitful trait ..the one with the only two childs, one daughter and one very young boy. and this one is not an Arverni - he´s the youngest brother and obviously adopted from start of the game - Osi tribe or so.

the other true Arverni Brothers dont have a trait regarding this - and no comments about their wives.

sure i could wait for Arverni adoptees but thats not what i intended in this campaign ...strangely i never experienced this with other Factions.

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

Obviously God is punishing you for never adopting family members in the campaign.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

iudex thervingiorum Member athanaric's Avatar

I think I've had an Arverni campaign once where the Aedui FMs (acquired via marriage or adoption) actually outnumbered the Arverni ones. A strange twist of fate, so to speak.

The real fun starts when you bribe FMs. They usually pass on their tribal affiliation to their sons. Apart from the many Germanic and Gallic generals that can be found in my Roman armies, I've bribed a Seleukid settlement including a governor as Pahlava. The governor turned out to be Syrian, so his son was sent off to govern a Syrian province. Sort of like accidental role playing.

That said, don't be afraid to adopt FMs with good traits, regardless of tribe. Sooner or later an Arverni candidate is bound to come up as a potential husband for one of the FM women, or even as a candidate for adoption.

Swêboz guide for EB 1.2
    Tips and Tricks for New Players
    from Hannibal Khan the Great, Brennus, Tellos Athenaios, and Winsington III.