Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Pratia II

Host Member Maeda Path Champion, Arkanoid Champion, 3D SuperBall Champion, Simon Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Breakout Champion Zain's Avatar

Default Re: Pratia II

Let me remind all of you of something...

There are only 4 players remaining. 1 of you is a mafia

IF: Townie lynch takes place, mafia is left with only 2 townies.

- Kill is successful, 1 mafia, 1 townie. MAFIA VICTORY.

- Kill is unsuccessful, 1 mafia, 2 townies. 50/50 chance either way.

THIS VOTE IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

That is all
    Last edited by Zain; 11-05-2013 at 15:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferret View Post
    I'm always quiet. Plus I was away for all of last week.

Not sure why I wasn't given the option to revive Darth Feather, but I guess it's too late now.

So given both myself and edse have survived attacks then it has to be either Ishmael or autolycus.

Given myself and edse also both have protection abilities then surely the town has won? If we get it wrong today then we can both just protect ourselves tonight and then lynch the other survivor tomorrow. Unless they're both scum...

So, Ishmael, autolycus, why shouldn't I vote for you?

Quote Originally Posted by edse View Post
    The town has won unless there are some final surprises.

Vote: Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by autolycus View Post
    As I said yesterday, assuming the scum didn't attack himself, vote:Ishmael is the clear choice.
    This makes me a sad suicide you know?

For some odd reason I believe Ishmael is town, partly gut feeling and partly his last post before my lynching, that was pure reflex of a townie thought...

3 doctors and a scanner? 4 town power roles in a game this size? Are you crazy? I keep saying what I said, 2 doctors, not three not four, two! One of you is lying or both are... Ferret got attacked and protected himself, edse got attacked and saved by Ferret... both have nice alibis and I went down for nothing...
    returning to the shadows.....

Quote Originally Posted by Zain View Post
    Let me remind all of you of something...

There are only 4 players remaining. 1 of you is a mafia

IF: Townie lynch takes place, mafia is left with only 2 townies.

- Kill is successful, 1 mafia, 1 townie. MAFIA VICTORY.

- Kill is unsuccessful, 1 mafia, 2 townies. 50/50 chance either way.

THIS VOTE IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

That is all

1 of them being mafia perhaps means at least 1, perhaps they are 3 or 4... its open to interpretation, no?

NO!! it is 1 and it is LYLO!!

Well then how do you explain what happened? The host has just stated that there is only one mafia player. Edse would have been insane to attack himself and somehow hope that somebody had a revive ability, and would use that ability. And how could I have attacked myself and protected myself in the same phase?

It has to be either Ishmael or autolycus, unless something utterly crazy has been going on behind the scenes.

Host Member Maeda Path Champion, Arkanoid Champion, 3D SuperBall Champion, Simon Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Breakout Champion Zain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zain
    "Special Abilities:
    1. For the first day phase you may choose to nullify the votes and deny the people the lynching, of course your true identity will stay hidden.
    2. For ALL night phases, IF there is mafia, you have the power to save one player’s life a night using your influence. This ability is limited to one person at a time; therefore, if you choose to save someone else, then you are vulnerable. (Note: You and only you knows there is someone else that has this same ability)"
    This is the excerpt from Riedquat's role PM.

edit:

Further, in my own wording, "someone else" could mean 1 other person, or more than 1 other person. This reveals nothing, I just wanted it to be clear that my intention was simply to tell Riedquat that he wasn't the only power townie.

In fact, everyone could have been.
    Last edited by Zain; 11-05-2013 at 16:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Zain View Post
    This is the excerpt from Riedquat's role PM.

edit:

Further, in my own wording, "someone else" could mean 1 other person, or more than 1 other person. This reveals nothing, I just wanted it to be clear that my intention was simply to tell Riedquat that he wasn't the only power townie.

In fact, everyone could have been.
    Oh... GAAAAH!! I'm angered! And dead, and angered... and dead angered! Gah!

Then is Edtolmael!! And please can somebody be kind enough to spit in my grave? I'm thirsty down here...

Dark Lord of Sith Member Big Bird Hunting Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Fun Surfing Champion Darth Feather's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riedquat View Post
    Oh... GAAAAH!! I'm angered! And dead, and angered... and dead angered! Gah!

Then is Edtolmael!! And please can somebody be kind enough to spit in my grave? I'm thirsty down here...
    *Battle's ghost starts spitting in riedquats grave*
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Nathaniël of the mouse guard

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain" - Robert Jordan

The writer of above message is not responsible for any mistakes in the reasoning of said message.

Member thankful for this post:

For some reason, I had DF confused in my mind. The question, then, is was DF's scan flawed, or did edse attack himself, or is this not a traditional game, as zombies has hinted. For now, I think door number two is the best fit. unvote, vote: edse
    Ferret, you say you didn't get the option to save DF. Does that mean that with edse you were told he was attacked?
    My game on Civfanatics could use a few more!: MNOTW XVII: The Cursed Blade!

With (at least) three doctors able to selfprotect it would only make sense that the scanner is naive.

Well then how do you explain what happened? The host has just stated that there is only one mafia player. Edse would have been insane to attack himself and somehow hope that somebody had a revive ability, and would use that ability. And how could I have attacked myself and protected myself in the same phase?
    I'm the only one who asked the host if I could attack myself while mafia?

For some reason, I had DF confused in my mind. The question, then, is was DF's scan flawed, or did edse attack himself, or is this not a traditional game, as zombies has hinted. For now, I think door number two is the best fit. unvote, vote: edse
    Ferret, you say you didn't get the option to save DF. Does that mean that with edse you were told he was attacked?

Remember that phase? It was a little longer because the host where awaiting Ferret order, Ferret claimed to protect himself and not edse, so there is the explanation I think.

I would like to know, not only from the living, why Ishmael is the best candidate... for the info in this thread I can't reach same conclusion... What I'm missing?

Ferret, can you talk more about your powers? Do you know why you got to save edse and not any of the other victims?
    My game on Civfanatics could use a few more!: MNOTW XVII: The Cursed Blade!

Dark Lord of Sith Member Big Bird Hunting Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Fun Surfing Champion Darth Feather's Avatar

Ferret, can you talk more about your powers? Do you know why you got to save edse and not any of the other victims?
    That's a good question. Maybe edse knew of his power and he hoped Ferret would save him, knowing that would give him innumity.

(Man I am wondering about this game, great job Zain. )
    Nathaniël of the mouse guard

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain" - Robert Jordan

The writer of above message is not responsible for any mistakes in the reasoning of said message.

Ferret said that he could have saved Pizza as well.

Yes, normally I am told who is attacked and whether I wish to revive him. In addition to saving edse I also could have saved ATPG but was away and missed the deadline (sorry meat bag).

Apparently Zain felt the game was too weighted in the favour of the town so now I can only use either my protect or revive ability, rather than both. So that is why I was unable to save Darth Feather.

Don't worry Riedquat, if edse really is a townie protector (and I don't see how he couldn't be a townie, or why he'd lie about his ability) the the town has won. Either Ishmael is scum and we win today, or autolycus is scum and we win tomorrow.

Although it is very worrying that both autolycus and Ishmael showed up as innocent according to Darth Feather...

Absolutely loving this game and all the drama/confusion along with it. I thank the players.

I have opened up the sign-ups for Pratia 3, the story can continue regardless of the results here so sign-up for the finale!

Link will be in my sig shortly, or you can use the one in this post!
    Last edited by Zain; 11-05-2013 at 20:51.

Don't worry Riedquat, if edse really is a townie protector (and I don't see how he couldn't be a townie, or why he'd lie about his ability) the the town has won. Either Ishmael is scum and we win today, or autolycus is scum and we win tomorrow.
    Good luck trying to do that! Edse VC is to save autolycus, remember?
    Last edited by Riedquat; 11-05-2013 at 21:20. Reason: [][][][]

I'd love to say that I have a clear and unambiguous reason as to why somebody is scum, but the fact is I am just as confused as the rest of you. Edse I would normally not even suspect due to the kill attempt on him, but he just seemed so darn scummy before that. Still, I'll stick to my principle of simplicity here, and assume there's not some crazy mechanic going on here that would allow edse to know Ferret would revive him (after all, the mechanics of this weren't made clear by Ferret until after the attack on edse).

autolycus' chief point in his favour is that he was cleared by DF's scan, with the secondary benefit that he doesn't seem particularly scummy to me. The possibility has been raised that DF was a naive scanner, but again it seems more plausible in a 9 player game that we have two townie doctors and a real scanner, rather than three townie doctors and a fake scanner.

Which leads on to Ferret. Ferret's primary point in his favour is that he revived edse. However, it occurs to me that scum Ferret would explain the strange choice of kill target - kill somebody and revive them yourself, thus 'confirming' your power and seeming very townie.

...and I was very attached to this theory until I re-read the N3 write-up, when Ripley (that is, Ferret) protected himself against what was clearly a different individual. Well, if Ferret's out and edse's out,

vote: autolycus

As for why you should vote for autolycus and not me...well, as Ferret observes, it probably shouldn't matter, provided he and edse are able to protect themselves (and I'm not horribly wrong about all this). We basically have the same points in our for and against ('cleared' by DF, only remaining vanilla townies), so I can't well blame anybody for their decision either way.

Gah, now looking over the last page, autolycus' vote for edse does not seem at all like a scum move. My head hurts....

EDIT: Okay, just to clarify unambiguously - Ferret, to the best of your knowledge was there any way edse could have known that you were going to revive him if he were killed? Was there any out of thread communication between you?
    Last edited by Ishmael; 11-05-2013 at 23:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    Gah, now looking over the last page, autolycus' vote for edse does not seem at all like a scum move. My head hurts....

EDIT: Okay, just to clarify unambiguously - Ferret, to the best of your knowledge was there any way edse could have known that you were going to revive him if he were killed? Was there any out of thread communication between you?
    As fas as I know private communications weren't allowed. But... perhaps I got that wrong too! :P

Edit: But.. what is the point of knowing it before?

"Hey Ferret, I think I'm going to be attacked but instead of protecting myself I will protect somebody else, could you revive me?"
    Last edited by Riedquat; 11-05-2013 at 23:45. Reason: confuzzzzed!!!

As fas as I know private communications weren't allowed. But... perhaps I got that wrong too! :P
    Private communication among players isn't allowed, although there's no way to police it...

No there was not, even if there had been there's no way I would have told him anything, I was one of the people pushing for his lynch after all. I was careful to keep it quiet until I'd used it so unless it was mentioned in his role PM I don't see how he could have known about it. Even if he did know about it, then he'd have known I didn't use it on ATPG previously, so it'd be one hell of a gamble. Given how unanimous the vote was the day before though I suppose it may have been his only way out.

If he is scum then he probably deserves to win for having the balls to pull off a move like that.

I am a little tempted switch my vote to him now, the fact that he wasn't protecting himself that night has been really bugging me. We haven't actually seen any proof that he has a protection ability.

Here is the vote tally and the timer:

Ishmael: 2 (edse, Ferret)
    edse: 1 (autolycus)
    autolycus: 1 (Ishmael)

Time Remaining:

There's still a whole lot of confusion, and this voting phase is the last one you all will probably get. Get your thoughts out, analyze each other, find the scum and be sure about it! You don't want to regret your decision...
    Last edited by Zain; 11-06-2013 at 14:22.

1.- We should attempt to lynch Zain! He is playing with our fragile minds!!
    2.- If you get this wrong there isn't a second chance!
    3.- This is so freaking confusing because we are looking it from the wrong angle, is the individual you less suspect of!

Why there wasn't a kill on night 1?

Who said he was away?

8 players game with a scanner and at least 3 doctors, one of the doctors also can revive the attacked person... With 2 doctors and a scanner, town is overpowered but with one scum super op, it compensate! So how can be the scum super op?

The scanner was Johan Battle, a Captain, not a moronic civilian, also, why to kill the scanner if his results weren't accurate? Who was going to be scanned next, I got lynched and Ishmael and auto already were scanned.

Go to the write up, when Ferret got attacked, eh.. or visited, because there wasn't any attack. Ferret is a doctor in medicine, not a protector or bodyguard, not a person of influence. He said the assassin was there, the write up reflected what he experienced or what he said he experienced.

Heck! Stop looking at the people DF scanned! It is edse or Ferret and I think the information to get this right is out there, now go and find it!

Apparently Zain felt the game was too weighted in the favour of the town so now I can only use either my protect or revive ability, rather than both. So that is why I was unable to save Darth Feather.
    This game has been polished till the last corner, is a piece of art.. and you are telling me he didn't weighted the impact of the roles from before?

Conveniently enough, you only can protect yourself and don't revive anyone else any more....

Ghostly Arms of Suspicion: Ferret the butcher!

This game has been polished till the last corner, is a piece of art.. [/B]

You know, Riedquat's right. As per my post from before, the only thing preventing me from voting Ferret was that the write-up cleared him, but given the host has all but admitted to deliberately messing with our heads that's a pretty flimsy shield. And I've had a nagging itch for a while now that something is not right about him.

unvote, vote: Ferret

This game has been polished till the last corner, is a piece of art.. and you are telling me he didn't weighted the impact of the roles from before?

Conveniently enough, you only can protect yourself and don't revive anyone else any more....
    I was surprised as you are, I wasn't even told until after the write up had been posted. I'm sure Zain will be happy to back me up here.

I can protect other people but why would I? Up until now I thought I'd be able to revive anyone who had been killed, so there hasn't been a need to protect anyone else.

Lynch me and the town will 100% lose. Don't lynch me and the town will surely win, it's a simple choice.

And how is being attacked a flimsy shield? Even if a mafia players was allowed to attack himself then surely he would also die. Are you seriously suggesting that I persuaded the host the post a write up with a completely fabricated attack on myself? Or do you think I both attacked and protected myself in the same phase?

AND I REVIVED EDSE!? WHY WOULD A MAFIA PLAYER REVIVE A TOWNIE, OR EVEN HAVE A REVIVE ABILITY IN THE FIRST PLACE? Don't forget that this game only has one scum player.

Use your heads people.

OR EVEN HAVE A REVIVE ABILITY IN THE FIRST PLACE?
    Why would anyone have a revive ability? It sounds very OP if you from the beginning were able to prevent every nightkill.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast