Poll: Would you be interested in a game of this style?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: The Mansion 2 - Discussion Board

Host Member Maeda Path Champion, Arkanoid Champion, 3D SuperBall Champion, Simon Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Breakout Champion Zain's Avatar

Default The Mansion 2 - Discussion Board

Hey all!

Years ago Roadkill and I worked up a storyline and gave it a name, that name became the Org's very own "The Mansion" which was by far my favorite game hosted to date. Also the Orgah Battle Royale, which too was a fun experience.

As I haven't heard from Roadkill in quite some time, and I too have been away, returning to host my small mafia game "Pratia II" and signing up for a couple games to play has inspired me further.

I would like to host another game of this type, a combination of styles between Player vs. Environment and Player vs. Player. I guess you could call it PvPvE!

ALL players COULD survive this game, but it will take cooperation with your group as well as strategy and luck. I haven't decided anything, I just wanted to throw out this idea and see what you all thought.

So I have a few questions, things I'd love to get some feedback on:

1) The poll above asks if you would be interested in a game like this. Because the idea is so broad and unexplored, please read all you can before voting.

2) What interests you more, Player vs. Player or Player vs. Environment?

3) The Mansion was largely based on my own opinion on how things should turn out. Do you prefer a game based more on facts, statistics, and concrete probabilities or does the element of surprise and host-based opinion interest you more?

4) Does the idea that everybody could potentially survive the game turn you on or off from the game? Or do you prefer survival games where there is one or a small group of winners?

That is all the questions I have right now, please lend any suggestions on what draws your attention to games and what you find to be the most fun. I want to appeal to the largest crowd possible, the more work it is for me the more memorable it is and the better the memories.

Also, how are some people drawing in over 100+ players to a game?? That is a gift I wish I possessed.

Thanks, I will be active for responses.
    Last edited by Zain; 10-31-2013 at 17:41.

Dark Lord of Sith Member Big Bird Hunting Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Fun Surfing Champion Darth Feather's Avatar

Default Re: The Mansion 2 - Discussion Board

1) In of course.
    2) I would suggest player vs player vs environment vs zombies vs aliens vs players vs cookies
    3) I say the host can decide what happens. What is more fun than a really nasty surprise?
    4) meh, don't really have an oppinion (but if it is player vs player that seems quite impossible)

With point 2 I want to say I would like it if you would be able to turn on your friends. (that's what I mean by player vs player)
    Last edited by Darth Feather; 10-31-2013 at 23:01.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Nathaniël of the mouse guard

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain" - Robert Jordan

The writer of above message is not responsible for any mistakes in the reasoning of said message.

1) In unequivocally
    2) Player vs. Environment; In my opinion this would leave room for more host creativity, which (again, in my humble opinion) is more interesting and unique for gamers and hosts.
    3) Twists and turns and surprises are always delightful. Perhaps facts, statistic, and concrete possibilities are more difficult to weave into a head scratching plot twist but a little logic suddenly makes it all...so...real...
    4) Both have their merits.

Host Member Maeda Path Champion, Arkanoid Champion, 3D SuperBall Champion, Simon Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Breakout Champion Zain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Feather View Post
    1) In of course.
    2) I would suggest player vs player vs environment vs zombies vs aliens vs players vs cookies
    3) I say the host can decide what happens. What is more fun than a really nasty surprise?
    4) meh, don't really have an oppinion (but if it is player vs player that seems quite impossible)

With point 2 I want to say I would like it if you would be able to turn on your friends. (that's what I mean by player vs player)
    It would appear to me that you're really eager to just play something however I'm not sure how to create an environment where cookies attack.. Any ideas on that? Also yes I agree that a "nasty surprise" as you put it is always the most fun part of gaming and especially hosting in my case.

Quote Originally Posted by Lux View Post
    1) In unequivocally
    2) Player vs. Environment; In my opinion this would leave room for more host creativity, which (again, in my humble opinion) is more interesting and unique for gamers and hosts.
    3) Twists and turns and surprises are always delightful. Perhaps facts, statistic, and concrete possibilities are more difficult to weave into a head scratching plot twist but a little logic suddenly makes it all...so...real...
    4) Both have their merits.

From both of these posts I draw a lax conclusion that players really aren't that picky and are truly okay with most ideas that hosts come up with. I'd like to say I'm going to let my imagination just run wild with these ideas but right now I still feel bound to appeal to the masses still...

MORE OPINIONS ARE NEEDED
    Last edited by Zain; 11-01-2013 at 18:33.

Dark Lord of Sith Member Big Bird Hunting Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Fun Surfing Champion Darth Feather's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zain View Post
    It would appear to me that you're really eager to just play something however I'm not sure how to create an environment where cookies attack.. Any ideas on that? Also yes I agree that a "nasty surprise" as you put it is always the most fun part of gaming and especially hosting in my case.
    You completely got me (the cookies were just a joke )
    Nathaniël of the mouse guard

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain" - Robert Jordan

The writer of above message is not responsible for any mistakes in the reasoning of said message.

Currently working on a PvPvE based around the setting of a gladiatorial ludus in Capua, Italy around AD 85. It's feeling promising

Senior Member Senior Member Jarema's Avatar

My opinions:
    1. in for sure
    2. player vs. player AND enviroment at the same time would be the best
    3. I would prefer complex system of realistic rules
    4. if only few will/can survive, it would make competition fiercer.

My example of points 1/4: on the continent of Atlantis, people anticipate great flood. Only a few can be saved... They need to prepare boats, fuel it with magic, etc... but the boats can save maximum of ten characters

EDIT: can you provide links to similar games?