Thread: New subforum til AAR and succession games

Default New subforum til AAR and succession games

It's fun to read all the AAR, but as it is now it can be quite confusing
    From myself, i release my Selecid AAR tomorrow and a historical rome AAC is in planned - and I guess this is more incoming from other storyteller

To collect all the AAR and succession games in one place, i think it's a good idea to create a new subforum for this for clarity

Default Re: New subforum til AAR and succession games

Looking ahead a bit, I can see some value in some type of "archive", perhaps a "completed AAR" subforum. Before long, some of the earlier-started AARs will be finished...and will then generate less comments and scroll off bottom of the page. Newer Org participants (and we are picking up a few) who come to the forum after that may not see them at all.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Until we see more activity in this subforum we have decided to keep all single-player related in one area so the community isnt fragmented. Now then, when the older AARs begin to end and be pushed towards the back we will probably make a completed AAR archive, as Bramborough said.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Seem to be a lot of AARs floating around now though.

4-5 ongoing AARs, the most active of which still update only once a day or so, is "a lot"? Maybe it is, I wasn't on the Org during previous TW titles....

The way I see it, the forum community here is pretty small. Substantive content is correspondingly modest. The recent up-trend in AARs helps to add a bit more traffic on a forum that, frankly, could use some more activity. Now a proposal to shunt this newly developing content into a separate sub-forum? What exactly then is left here?

I just don't see the value - yet - in a separate sub-forum. The "critical mass" of traffic here in the main forum hasn't been reached; not even close. If we had 10-12 AARs going, or had triple the number of daily new non-AAR topic starts, it would be different. Maybe (hopefully) in the not-so-distant future we'll get to that point.

Don't get me wrong: I like the idea of a separate sub-forum for AARs. Likewise, one for guides. I sincerely hope traffic and content develop to a level where these are needed.

Member thankful for this post:

Myth