Thread: CA Has Mesed Up GREATLY !

HopeLess From Humanity a World Member Empire*Of*Media's Avatar

Default CA Has Mesed Up GREATLY !

well....i had many things to say but the words have been said somehow before so i directly go to my problem! i mean AI's!

well after updating upper than 4, diplomacy has been improved BUT!
    but all the AI has been messed up greatly! i example one.
    some Great Nations fall easily! like ROME!!
    the game Is Called ROME total war BUT when i start a new campaign with parthia for example, when i reach to Illyria i see Rome Completely Destroyed or very humble!!!
    when i started with Rome i saw Great Carthage Destroyed by Satrapies of Libya!!
    and many great nations will be WIPED OUT on the map by minor nations! that could be OK if they would be powerful after! but NO they just destroyed a robotic AI Major Faction and after that they are the same powerful as they were before!

not only that SPECIALLY after update 4, when the MODS dont work, all the AI Factions will SUFFER GREATLY from Food Shortages and all their Army & Garrisons will be less less until you can defeat two stacks of 20 units with just 2-4 units!! and this was the updates & patches that CA said it would improve EVERYTHING in the game significantly!

i think this AI Problem in the game is permanent as they released the game with haste without thinking & testing! it could be a very great game!! they could won the best strategic game title and even top 10 best game of the year!! but sorrily NO!

so whats your say about this!
    (and i need help with my campaign, all are in shortages of food! what should i do?! or i will not continue defeating starving Factions!!)

Default Re: CA Has Mesed Up GREATLY !

The problem with the AI controled major factions like Rome, are easily destroyed since the day 1 of the game and is still an issue even after patch 5, no matter the difficulty level you play.

This means, not only that grate nations of the ancient world will be absent from the later campaign but also that when you iwll own 30 to 40 settlements the game will be practicaly over since there will be no enemy of the same size and no realm divide mechanism so unless you just declare war to everyone it will be a rutine.

As for the food shortages, only CA can and must do something about starving AI factions eventhough there has been an improvement since the latest patch.

One of main reason is many minor faction - specialty african and arabian tribe - get a cheating incomebonus. I noted in many campaigns after ca. 20 turn:

Ptolemais Theron completly remove Egypt from the map
    Nabataea overthrow seletuid and this saptapies
    Carthage destroyed by a union africa tribe
    Rome under pressure from Etruscan

Possible solution: remove the cheating incomebonus from minor factions and add a bigger incomebonus to major AL factions through a mod
    I have the Radious Total War Mod and this solution many problems with weak major faction and food shortages

See the major bias for us in this game is we know that Rome should succeed. This game is called Rome total war I get that but it only takes a small mistake of inaction to crumble an empire. Every time someone takes a different faction and wins we change history. So why should it be a bad thing that Libya gets huge? Or that Rome falls? We operate on the presupposition that Rome deserves to live... Well the thing is Rome doesn't deserve anything
    If living is nothing dieing is nothing then nothing is everything and everything is nothing

Members thankful for this post (2):

A Livonian Rebel Member Slaists's Avatar

Like I preached elsewhere: the main reason behind the large AI's not succeeding is the army limit/imperium.

A 3 region AI can field 3 armies.

3 minor AI's each controlling 1 region can field 9 armies.

So, in terms of military strength: 3 region AI < 3 minor AI's, by far...

This ratio becomes worse as the larger AI grows.

p.s. I personally feel, the imperium is a great tool to reign in the player. It is a bad idea for AI empire forming.
    Last edited by Slaists; 11-04-2013 at 16:22.

That's a lot of exclamation points and caps

Member thankful for this post:

Lemur 

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Im not so sure if thats true, as Ive seen a lot of relatively large minor AI's, and I dont think they are collaborating to get the max number of armies. I think its (or intended to be) similar to the Civ 5 system where each nation has their own personality which dictates their expansion aspirations. Whether this worked or not I dont know, it seems hit or miss, kinda like the battle AI.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Well, at least CA must improve the AI ability to macro manage things, so after the first three imperiums, then the CW, the player has to face some factions with equal if not greater imperium level and has to wage war against other empires.

On the other hand im thinking that, if the bigest part of the map is divided between 3 or 4 factions, then that alone cancel the economic victory conditions, unless they add, ( which i would like), also for the non barbaric factions the option to liberate a previous destroyed faction and instead of capturing a settlement free the conquered as a CS.

So i.e. Seleucids have lets say 60 settlements and inevitable their interests inevitably leeds them to war with 68 settlements Rome wihc expants further east, the war goes well, Seleucids after many years of fighting have pused the Romans back to Italy and have conquered 25 settlements in Balkans and north Afrika, some of them are held by Seleucid empire while Lybia, cyrenaica, Sparta, Athens, Macedonia, Trybalii, etc have been liberated, as CS and Trade parteners.

Is up to the player, i personaly would like to have that strategic option.

HopeLess From Humanity a World Member Empire*Of*Media's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amras View Post
    One of main reason is many minor faction - specialty african and arabian tribe - get a cheating incomebonus. I noted in many campaigns after ca. 20 turn:

Ptolemais Theron completly remove Egypt from the map
    Nabataea overthrow seletuid and this saptapies
    Carthage destroyed by a union africa tribe
    Rome under pressure from Etruscan

Possible solution: remove the cheating incomebonus from minor factions and add a bigger incomebonus to major AL factions through a mod
    I have the Radious Total War Mod and this solution many problems with weak major faction and food shortages
    could you tell me how and where i should remove income bonus?!
    since Radious is not compatible from update4?!

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EasternSpartakus View Post
    Radious is not compatible from update4?!
    There are currently 337 mods in the Steam Workshop tab for R2. That would be a good place to start looking.

Note that the Radious mod was updated three days ago. Your information appears to be out of date.

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AntiDamascus View Post
    That's a lot of exclamation points and caps
    Unfortunately it doesn't have the same ring as A SHAMEFUL DISPLAY !
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009