Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Pratia III

Default Re: Pratia III

Vote: Makrell

If you were town, why would you reveal your ability now?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferret View Post

To clear myself, and to bring clarifications on the nights events.
    in retrospect i mightve acted a bit rash.

Trying to clear yourself rather than keeping your ability quiet, which would have been better for the town, sounds like scum behaviour to me.

Why not? Different situation if somebody else comes by stating he was attacked instead of Makrell, but an innocent unkillable at night should be safe steeping forward!!

Now, Ferret needs to be lynched asap! Just because I say so! ;) ;)

Let be clear here... Ferret is scum!

I've been subtle enough?
    returning to the shadows.....

Because if the mafia know he is immune to night attacks they will no longer attack him. If he had not said anything then they may have assumed he was protected or the attack failed for some other reason and gone on to waste future attacks on him. Now that he has revealed this ability it has become completely useless.

But as I have made clear, I do not believe he has it. Had he claimed to have been protecting himself then maybe, but flat out night time invincibility? I'm not so sure, even in a game packed with power roles that sounds unlikely. Claiming this ability also gives a scum player the perfect excuse for not ever being attacked in future, as he will just claim the supposed scum bags know they can't kill him so aren't bothering to try.

I don't buy it.

Lynch me if you like, my ability isn't particularly useful for the town, so I wouldn't be a great loss. Just promise me you'll all take a long look at Makrell and Riedquat after I flip town.

Because if the mafia know he is immune to night attacks they will no longer attack him. If he had not said anything then they may have assumed he was protected or the attack failed for some other reason and gone on to waste future attacks on him. Now that he has revealed this ability it has become completely useless.

But as I have made clear, I do not believe he has it. Had he claimed to have been protecting himself then maybe, but flat out night time invincibility? I'm not so sure, even in a game packed with power roles that sounds unlikely. Claiming this ability also gives a scum player the perfect excuse for not ever being attacked in future, as he will just claim the supposed scum bags know they can't kill him so aren't bothering to try.

I don't buy it.

Lynch me if you like, my ability isn't particularly useful for the town, so I wouldn't be a great loss. Just promise me you'll all take a long look at Makrell and Riedquat after I flip town.
    You won't flip town! You know it, I know it and there probably are another two individuals who know it!

And what exactly are you basing that on?
    The fact that my argument against Makrell makes sense?
    Or is it the fact that I tried to make a case at all that offends you? It really seems like doing anything other than voting randomly is frowned upon at the org these days.

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

Vote: Makrell. We can't trust him on his word. He doesn't bring proof of being saved or anything. Besides, there's something fishy about that guy.
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

And what exactly are you basing that on?
    Do you want me to reveal my source? I could do that! But wont, same argument you are applying with Makrell actually! Your partner/minion can get me tonight if he has what is needed, I will be awaiting him!

The fact that my argument against Makrell makes sense?
    No, it doesn't! Blame yourself for trying to kill him, not my fault he is a psychic freak!

I don't buy it.

night time invincibilty does sound like an odd ability. Were i scum i would not have claimed to have an ability I have never ever seen or heard of in a mafia game, i wouldve said i was protected by myself or something as youve said sounds more likely. Besides if i am scum claiming this cant just someone else come forward and say they were attacked.
    Analyse my posts or something if you doubt it, i never wouldve played like i did day one if i were mafia, i wouldve stayed under the radar.

Host Member Maeda Path Champion, Arkanoid Champion, 3D SuperBall Champion, Simon Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Breakout Champion Zain's Avatar

Vote Tally:

Makrell: 3 (edse, Ferret, rick)
    Ferret: 2 (CP, Ried)
    Lux: 1 (Ishmael)

Non-voting: @dcmort93 @Makrell @Lux @crys @Ibn-Khaldun @Darth Feather @BSmith

Time Remaining:

Quote Originally Posted by Makrell View Post
    night time invincibilty does sound like an odd ability. Were i scum i would not have claimed to have an ability I have never ever seen or heard of in a mafia game, i wouldve said i was protected by myself or something as youve said sounds more likely. Besides if i am scum claiming this cant just someone else come forward and say they were attacked.
    Analyse my posts or something if you doubt it, i never wouldve played like i did day one if i were mafia, i wouldve stayed under the radar.
    Why do you argue with the scum? You people are starting to exasperate me!

I got a guilty result from FERRET! Lynch the scum! Do no lynch who got attacked at night while sleeping! It is in the blooody write up! Read!

And here I am suiciding again!

What are you even trying to do here Riedquat? How are you planning to weasel yourself out of this when I flip town?

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Riedquat is acting really scummy..

Vote: Riedquat

What are you even trying to do here Riedquat? How are you planning to weasel yourself out of this when I flip town?
    I suicided the last game as town, I won't be lynched, because you won't turn town, we know! So perhaps I survive a couple nights if I get protection. If I get killed at least I got one of you, is worthily!

Default Pratia III

His eyes be... Uh... Shifty and such! So shifty... *hic* ... He must be inno... Inno... Innocent! *hic* or he suckssss at bein' scummmmy

Quote Originally Posted by Ibn-Khaldun View Post
    Riedquat is acting really scummy..

Vote: Riedquat

FOS: I-K

What would you do with a guilt result from your first night action? Save it for later?

I am not convinced.

Well, there is one obvious way of testing it....

vote: Ferret
    Always meet on the level, act by the plumb and part on the square.
    2B1ASK1

Are we allowed to qoute writeups, cause i dont see anyone being discovered? Only the attempt to approach and kill me?

Host Member Maeda Path Champion, Arkanoid Champion, 3D SuperBall Champion, Simon Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Breakout Champion Zain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Makrell View Post
    Are we allowed to qoute writeups, cause i dont see anyone being discovered? Only the attempt to approach and kill me?
    Yes you may quote anything posted in thread

Quote Originally Posted by BSmith View Post
    Well, there is one obvious way of testing it....
    There is another way. My ability is deciding the outcome of a tie in the lynch vote. I'm sure we could all agree that it would be incredibly unlikely for a scum player to have such an ability so if I get the opportunity to use it I'd consider myself cleared. If we can finish the round with myself and Makrell/Riedquat on equal votes, then I will demonstrate this ability.

I would like to stress that I am merely outlining this option, not suggesting we do it. People always get fidgety in a tie situation and I doubt the round would finish with the tie still in place.

I don't mind being lynched if it will highlight the fake detective among us.

Did you use your ability yesterday?

I'm a scanner, that is my claim! Scanned you and you turned guilty.

Dark Lord of Sith Member Big Bird Hunting Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Fun Surfing Champion Darth Feather's Avatar

Vote: Riedquat Are you only going on Chief Pappy's lead or do you actually have a scan result?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Nathaniël of the mouse guard

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain" - Robert Jordan

The writer of above message is not responsible for any mistakes in the reasoning of said message.

Quote Originally Posted by Riedquat View Post
    There wasn't a tie yesterday...

There was a tie when we were electing a representative, but the role PMs hadn't been sent out at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Feather View Post
    Vote: Riedquat Are you only going on Chief Pappy's lead or do you actually have a scan result?

I'm a scanner, that is my claim! Scanned you and you turned guilty.
    I'm a detective DF!!

There wasn't a tie yesterday...

There was a tie when we were electing a representative, but the role PMs hadn't been sent out at that point.
    Check again! There was a tie, autolycus got lynched due to game mechanics, as Zain told us.

Check again! There was a tie, autolycus got lynched due to game mechanics, as Zain told us.
    Why would you say your scan result is in the writeup? Can you please qoute that part, or did i misunderstand you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zain View Post
    I included your abstain, auto still had the most votes. Not to give anything away, but there are a few game mechanics going on in the background...
    This means there wasn't a tie.

This also means that aiming for a tie in this round to demonstrate my ability is even more unrealistic. Oh well.

This means there wasn't a tie.

This also means that aiming for a tie in this round to demonstrate my ability is even more unrealistic. Oh well.
    not unless we gamble. As per the extreme amount of roles id guess many players have some votechangingabilty(doublevote or ghostvote) So a tie is not impossible.

We need also to think that there is no rolereveal on death, other than name, so unless we find michael we are not going to know the dead players aligmnent.

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast